Target Cartwheel Deals 4/22-4/28

So about $304 after redcard.

Original PS4 trades in at $170 At gamestop. Trade in bonus of $50 ends today- anyone know of the 170 includes the 50 bonus, or if the 50 is on top of that? I’m 100% assuming $170 is with the bonus.

Either way I may be visiting both stores today. I’m definitely going if it’s 170+50 for trade in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every target near me says “limited stock” so I’ll just call and ask.

Otherwise ship to store says arrives on 26th which would still give you time to return/rebuy/adjust in store with cartwheel.

Edit: the first store I called, which online said limited availability, told me they had several in stock.

So about $304 after redcard.

Original PS4 trades in at $170 At gamestop. Trade in bonus of $50 ends today- anyone know of the 170 includes the 50 bonus, or if the 50 is on top of that? I’m 100% assuming $170 is with the bonus.

Either way I may be visiting both stores today. I’m definitely going if it’s 170+50 for trade in.
I traded mine in yesterday after getting a GoW Pro on Friday. It's $170 total.

Just an FYI, Target's online inventory system is incredibly inaccurate, at least in my experience. 

I'd at the very least call, even if the site says there's no inventory available. 

Target website said "no stock" for any store in my city.  Brickseek said "limited stock" at a few stores in my city.  I went to the closest Target with "limited stock" as soon as they opened and they had 1 in stock, which is mine now.

So many PS4 specials. To me it’s a given that PS is trying to capilize on situations to push the advantage over Xbox. I also think we are looking at all these specials because a price drop is coming. Wanted to submit my prediction before E3 :p

Target website said "no stock" for any store in my city. Brickseek said "limited stock" at a few stores in my city. I went to the closest Target with "limited availability" as soon as they opened and they had 1 in stock, which is mine now.
Congrats, it's a great system. I hope that you enjoy it.

So many PS4 specials. To me it’s a given that PS is trying to capilize on situations to push the advantage over Xbox. I also think we are looking at all these specials because a price drop is coming. Wanted to submit my prediction before E3 :p
I don't think Sony has any control over Target Cartwheel deals. They are probably doing this to make more room for the BattleFront Systems, and the God of War Systems. As systems bundled with a game sell better, also Sony probably discontinued the systems that aren't packed with a game, so Target is doing this to get rid of it's last few available. I would imagine.

I don't think Sony has any control over Target Cartwheel deals. They are probably doing this to make more room for the BattleFront Systems, and the God of War Systems. As systems bundled with a game sell better, also Sony probably discontinued the systems that aren't packed with a game, so Target is doing this to get rid of it's last few available. I would imagine.
You're probably right, but I wish Sony would release an updated model before the holidays that includes 4K/UHD Blu-ray capability. I'm not holding my breath, but it seems like a relatively easy and minor tweak -- and it would help them capture some would-be Xbox One buyers that see the value proposition in having a console with that feature.

Truely mind boggling to me that they didn’t add 4K Blu-ray to the pro. They are definitely giving Microsoft some sales by not doing that. I know a few people that bought an Xbox one x just for the 4K player- I would too if I had a large 4K tv.

You're probably right, but I wish Sony would release an updated model before the holidays that includes 4K/UHD Blu-ray capability. I'm not holding my breath, but it seems like a relatively easy and minor tweak -- and it would help them capture some would-be Xbox One buyers that see the value proposition in having a console with that feature.

Truely mind boggling to me that they didn’t add 4K Blu-ray to the pro. They are definitely giving Microsoft some sales by not doing that. I know a few people that bought an Xbox one x just for the 4K player- I would too if I had a large 4K tv.
i get what you are saying, and i know there are some "true 4k" people out there that want the top of the line stuff, but the 4k player in my xbox has been used exactly 4 times. i thought it would be a big plus to have, but at the end of the day i just watch the digital version. even stopped buying the discs and get the digital version on these forums (when the price goes down)

Ive got a Plex server setup at home with all of my movies on it, which is great. I still prefer certain movies off the disc.

I’m also one of those people that likes owning hard copies of movies. Blu-ray collection on the shelves and then digital copies on my server.

Edit- just picked up the last pro at my closest target. I called at 8 and they said there were a bunch. Opened the box to check it out while still at the electronics counter (I strongly suggest everyone do this, especially if the box doesn’t look pristine. This box did look a little suspect but I would have opened it anyway). This, to me at least, looks like it has been opened before and looks used. Will see when I get home and hook it up. If it’s not 100% brand new then it I get to call target and let them find me one to exchange it with.
i get what you are saying, and i know there are some "true 4k" people out there that want the top of the line stuff, but the 4k player in my xbox has been used exactly 4 times. i thought it would be a big plus to have, but at the end of the day i just watch the digital version. even stopped buying the discs and get the digital version on these forums (when the price goes down)

That's kind of funny because I'm actually complete opposite I have never played a game on my Xbox one I've only used it as a 4K Blu-ray player. I play all my games on my PS4 and switch. I have bought a few Xbox One games but only the exclusives but those are just backlog titles I've never actually sat down and played one. I also haven't subscribed to Xbox Live since my Xbox 360.

Otherwise ship to store says arrives on 26th which would still give you time to return/rebuy/adjust in store with cartwheel.

Edit: the first store I called, which online said limited availability, told me they had several in stock.
Most stores have 1-3 of these.

Most stores have 1-3 of these.

Yeah with these two cartwheels it sure seems like a price drop to $350 is coming around the holidays.

I used to think that quite strongly as well but the truth to the matter is that the XB1X or S, is a shit UHD player. They have picture dropouts for 2-3second almost every time you play a disc. Their color reproduction is off. It also has trouble reading discs sometimes. If you want a 4K UHD player you buy a stand alone unit.

What was the $291 deal?
15% off cartwheel, 10% team member discount, 5% red card. Know anyone that works at Target?

It was either the base model or the Star Wars Battlefront bundle. SW set is gone from nearly all of my stores now; the cartwheel cleared it out.

Just got back from picking up a pro. The store had 2 left and the discount freaked the guy out.  It's a slightly older unit, had advertising for cod iw and horizon on it. Code for 20 percent expired in February. Sweet timing considering I traded in my slim last week at GS for 175 to wait for a pro deal.

What is mind-boggling is people buying a console for the 4k player chiefly, over games. That said, I bought an X1 for the explicit purpose of using it as a 4k player but I already have a PS4 Pro. If anyone with a one console home buys an X1 just for 4k playback, they're doing it wrong.

My source for facts: God of War.

Can’t brag about either the pro or x knowing both only put 1tb 5400 rpms in them.

You can get a better UHD Blu Ray player than the one in the Xbox One for about $100. So, people that want one, should buy that. It makes no sense to me to spend $500 for a console just for a single feature. All of that extra graphical computing power under the hood isn't going to make the films looks better or run better, you might as well cut your cost in half and get the S instead.

X1 is actually a great 4k player according to reviews and I've had no complaints. Full disclosure I only paid $140 for mine brand new, so it was icing to have access to old (and new) Xbox games again.

Honestly, the backwards compatibility is the only thing that really interests me, as my original Xbox now has trouble reading discs, and my Xbox 360 no longer outputs sound with the picture from it's cables. So, I can play games with it, but in complete silence.

Zantra was banned????

giphy.gif

Interesting. I'm not one to dump on the threads like others have, so that kinda sucks.

Edit: Read the other thread. Now I get it.

bread's done
Back