- - - - -

Fallout 76 Power Armor Edition - $199/$159 GCU

Fallout 76 Xbox Best Buy PS4 Collectors Edition GCU

#31 SonyFanboy#1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

SonyFanboy#1

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:11 PM

It's really cool but is it $200 cool?

#32 Miker525  

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

Probably not, but I'll decide that later. For now it's all about locking in an order to make sure that if I do want it, I have the option to get it.

#33 Gscept   Gamer Afficionado!! CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:37 PM

I still have my Pip boy sealed in its box. I'm done putting money in the closet even though I'm fighting with my self to get this or not.. Decisions, decisions, decisions.... Cheap ass gamer? More like Tremendous Backlog Gamer!!!

Hoarding-level-1000-meme.jpg

#34 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4951 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

A few people down on the Fallout merch in here ... I’m all in, the helmet looks like a cool recreation of the original Fallout 1 power armor helmet and I’m psyched for the little ‘army man’ style fallout figures. Basically what I’m saying is ... screw the haters, all in 😜

#35 phoenixlau   backlogged CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:55 PM

Fallout 76 has always-online DRM, even for single player, so the disc you're collecting will be a coaster when they turn off the servers.  This is just as pointless as buying Lawbreakers Collector's Edition.

#36 smokiebear   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   81 Posts   Joined 5.7 Years Ago  

smokiebear

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:36 AM

Wonder what the material ratio for the helmet is and does it also have any functions like a light or something.

#37 knothead65  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:38 AM

Wonder what the material ratio for the helmet is and does it also have any functions like a light or something.

The E3 video showed it had sounds and a light. Maybe even more features but I'll have to rewatch cause I was tired.

#38 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:39 AM

Fallout 76 has always-online DRM, even for single player, so the disc you're collecting will be a coaster when they turn off the servers.  This is just as pointless as buying Lawbreakers Collector's Edition.

No ones buying it for the disc.

#39 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5064 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:40 AM

Headlamp, voice modulator and VATS sound effects.

#40 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:45 AM

Way too much...

#41 Gram   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   935 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:48 AM

I felt serious buyer's remorse after getting the pip-boy edition last time, so I didn't even consider buying this until I checked the Best Buy website on a whim and it was in stock. I absolutely hate the practice of flipping, but if the beta is awful, I figure I can sell this for a good profit. Even if I do end up keeping it, I can likely sell just the helmet and bag and break even. I was still able to sell just the pip-boy by itself with missing bits and torn cushions for almost what I paid for the whole Fallout 4 collector's edition, a full year after it came out. So I don't really see the harm.

#42 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2214 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:28 PM

New report claims 95% of preorders for this limited edition being held by flippers waiting to see if they'll make a profit. 

#43 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3798 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:37 PM

New report claims 95% of preorders for this limited edition being held by flippers waiting to see if they'll make a profit. 

I didn't even bother when I had the chance to order one yesterday. I don't need the extras and I don't want to get stuck with it trying to flip it with just about everyone else that buys the thing. I wish I would have sold my PipBoy when I got it, but I still have it taking up space. 

#44 SonyFanboy#1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   439 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

SonyFanboy#1

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:36 PM

Probably not, but I'll decide that later. For now it's all about locking in an order to make sure that if I do want it, I have the option to get it.

Yeah, you're right. I hope the PS4 version comes back in stock.

#45 DoubleDam21  

DoubleDam21

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:42 PM

New report claims 95% of preorders for ANY limited edition being held by flippers waiting to see if they'll make a profit. 

Fixed it for you.

#46 gpn   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   170 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 02:50 PM

Maybe not, but I think it's $150 cool (GCU discount + $10 BB rewards).

#47 EvilChamp   Super Nintendo CAGiversary!   2214 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

EvilChamp

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:03 PM

Fixed it for you.

Ha! No way, tho. At least for me. 

If Fire Emblem, or Metroid came out with a LE, you bet I'm keeping that! Although, part of my decision to get LEs these days is if it is indeed limited. But that's just me! 

#48 Rick4Life  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:14 PM

You can tell they raised the price to combat resellers. By all means, they want resellers though. It boosts initial sales. It’s very good for their business model. But there is also the battle of making the most profit per unit. $200 was a dangerous price, as it does not leave much meat on the bone for flippers, and the price point is very dangerous for a flip. So, their initial order numbers will likely be much lower than if they did otherwise with like a $150 price point. The thought of buying 10 of these to flip is scary. Hell, even having 1 or 2 is scary, at this price. The Pip Boy was what, $120? Those were selling for $150-200 relatively short after release on the secondary market. It was also a piece of junk. Cheap plastic, cheap foam, broke easily. It’s not out of realm to think this is a cheap plastic mold, rather than a solid piece helmet.

$200 after tax is around $215. Which means you need to sell it for $400 to net a worthwhile return on your investment for your time, and to pay eBay or amazon fees.

Will consumers pay $400 for this? I kind of doubt it. I think a more realistic price they will pay is $280, which leaves no meat on the bone for profit.

The game will probably be great. I’ll buy it. I have the collectors edition preordered. But I’m passing on this one for large scale flipping. The numbers don’t work to do so.

#49 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10048 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:38 PM

Well Best Buy curbed the mass flippers courtesy of the GCU ban and removal of new accounts. Most of the margin was from GCU purchases.

#50 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   3798 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:40 PM

Ha! No way, tho. At least for me. 

If Fire Emblem, or Metroid came out with a LE, you bet I'm keeping that! Although, part of my decision to get LEs these days is if it is indeed limited. But that's just me! 

I'll buy the hell out of a Metroid Prime 4 LE.

#51 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother Banned   304 Posts   Joined 1.0 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 12 June 2018 - 05:27 PM

Lol and we had a financial crisis less than a decade ago. I'm guessing we've learned nothing.

#52 Cloudx9  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:24 AM

Anyone else having Bestbuy website Issues? I got a failed payment Authorization email from Bestbuy regarding the power armor edition yet when logged in everything seems fine? Another issues im having with their website is that everytime I tried logging in, itll give me an username/password not match error message. I can log in again if I reset my password but if I log back out and tried logging back in again with the same password I just set, itll give me the error message again and ask me to reset my password. Wierd!!!

#53 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 13 June 2018 - 06:06 AM

Anyone else having Bestbuy website Issues? I got a failed payment Authorization email from Bestbuy regarding the power armor edition yet when logged in everything seems fine? Another issues im having with their website is that everytime I tried logging in, itll give me an username/password not match error message. I can log in again if I reset my password but if I log back out and tried logging back in again with the same password I just set, itll give me the error message again and ask me to reset my password. Wierd!!!

Yes I got an email too and everything was fine.

I have had this happen before even called them and the item got canceled.

#54 MaximusDM   What is a man!? CAGiversary!   368 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:05 PM

Yes I got an email too and everything was fine.

I have had this happen before even called them and the item got canceled.

I would have called the police.

#55 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

I would have called the police.

Lol