YMMV Best Buy sending out free thank you reward certificates

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Received an email as a thank you being a My Best Buy member and a $10 code for anything good thru 7-15.

Email titled
Oh boy, just for you: $10 reward!

[attachment=30377:6A455386-FC98-4B98-969B-BBE4E6B02D1E.jpeg]

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve gotten an email like that in the past, but they were actually just informing me of the value of reward points I had earned. No bonus for me. If you actually did get 500 bonus reward points, lucky you.

I used to get these also.  I no longer do since I started shopping there more.  You are very lucky, my friend.

Only thing I found was this in an email (subject Let us tackle your tech issues–get Total Tech Support.) , probably not related:

MY BEST BUY GET $10 IN REWARDS OFFER:
*In Store Pre-order: $5 deposit required for physical games; payment in full required for full game digital downloads. Online Pre-order: Payment in full required for physical games and full game digital downloads. Limit one award per member per title. See  BestBuy.com/Get10 for details.

I got one. I'm close to the 5 dollar redemption so this is independent of that (given what someone said above.)

You guys need to stop posting a new thread every time you get a personalized offer. I get them from time to time as do others. If every person made a thread every time they got one, that's all the front page of CAG would consist of.

These coupons are historically known to reward people who don't shop there. ;)
Heh. Idk about that. I spend a small fortune at BB, and not just video games. I get these.

I've also noticed that when I look at a high-ticket item, like a fridge, but don't buy it, that BB sends me a "JUST FOR YOU SAVE 10% OFF ANY SINGLE ITEM" coupon shortly after.

That was a poorly worded sentence, but you get the idea.

Heh. Idk about that. I spend a small fortune at BB, and not just video games. I get these.

I've also noticed that when I look at a high-ticket item, like a fridge, but don't buy it, that BB sends me a "JUST FOR YOU SAVE 10% OFF ANY SINGLE ITEM" coupon shortly after.

I always spend a lot there too and I never get these emails. I thought it was because I had emails turned off in my marketing preferences but even after I turned them back on, I got tons of spam from Best Buy each day, but still no offers. Said "fuck it" after several months and turned the marketing emails off again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had elite status for the past year which I realize lapsed at some point recently but I never really received any of these freebies they would give out periodically. I used to spend a ton there last year with all the video game trading and buying. I do tend to turn off marketing emails every now and then when it starts to get super annoying

I_Got_A_Rock_-_Charlie_Brown_Halloween.jpg

Yeah I am pretty sure they send them out at random. I didn't get one this time, but I have gotten them in the past.

I got an email a couple weeks back saying I would get a $10 certificate if I spend $25 or more before the end of June, but I still need to buy something.

Didn't get the $10 code, but a family member who has a My Best account and hasn't shopped there in forever just gave me her $5 code that expires 6/29 that was received today in an email titled "Handpicked offer direct to your inbox".

Nothing for me, as usual. I’m elite plus. They already know I’m gonna spend money, so they don’t care about me.

bread's done
Back