* * * * * 20 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 2/11: Capcom/Namco/Ubisoft Sales! $20 Hades, $40 Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, & More!

#301 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15445 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:58 PM

Got a long road trip coming up and looking for a recommendation: Shovel Knight:TT, Hollow Knight, Celeste, or Lego Marvel Superheroes 2?

I'd recommend Shovel Knight (my favorite indie ever), but whatever you do, do not buy Lego Marvel on Switch. I bought it at release and beat it (it's a fantastic game), but it is filled with game breaking bugs just on the Switch and last WB acknowledged it (In June) they said there's no plans to patch the Switch version. The glitches begin really heavily about halfway through the game (freezing and crashing to dashboard), so if you don't think it'll bother you that much then feel free to pick it up, but remember to save often. I lost three hours of progress with it in free roam and that was kind of my final straw for the Switch version.

Runs great on Xbox and PS4 though!

#302 Corto Maltese   He Who Asks Many Questions CAGiversary!   396 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Corto Maltese

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:18 PM

I'd recommend Shovel Knight (my favorite indie ever), but whatever you do, do not buy Lego Marvel on Switch. I bought it at release and beat it (it's a fantastic game), but it is filled with game breaking bugs just on the Switch and last WB acknowledged it (In June) they said there's no plans to patch the Switch version. The glitches begin really heavily about halfway through the game (freezing and crashing to dashboard), so if you don't think it'll bother you that much then feel free to pick it up, but remember to save often. I lost three hours of progress with it in free roam and that was kind of my final straw for the Switch version.

Runs great on Xbox and PS4 though!

This is the first time I've heard of this bug regarding Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2. Which means I'll just quietly nix the plan on getting it then

#303 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15445 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:34 PM

This is the first time I've heard of this bug regarding Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2. Which means I'll just quietly nix the plan on getting it then

It's one of those things where if you never plan on finishing the game you likely won't see any problems (if you're any kind of Marvel fan, I strongly suggest you finish doe). I think the problem is connected to the size of the open world and things that go on in it because most crashes occur when you're going back out into the open world after finishing a level or immediately upon loading up the game (after you have finished the game).  Something about the game is just really fundamentally broken on the Switch as opposed to every other system.

#304 nycbadger  

nycbadger

Posted 16 July 2018 - 11:57 PM

Eh? I've beat the main game and have progressed in 100%'ing it and I've never once had a crash. If you liked Lego Marvel 1 you'll enjoy 2. Its a refinement of the formula, and the open world is pretty great. Zipping from New York to Neuvo York to Wakanda to Asgard etc etc. Good time killer, but of the four your asked about would not be my first pick. Perhaps Shovel Knight or Hollow Knight.

#305 elessar123  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:05 AM

Every single Lego game is bugged up the ass. It's a known fact.

#306 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:44 AM

http://teamcherry.com.au/gg_release/

Hollow Knight: Gods & Glory

We’re leading with a big one: Our dates are locked in. Hollow Knight’s fourth Free Content Pack, Gods & Glory will be arriving for all players on August 23rd!

We said this’d be the largest pack yet and we weren’t lying! A whole bunch of new bosses. A slew of new music. New NPCs. New Quests. The final chapter for the knight is turning into the celebration we hoped it would be!

We’re so eager to get this one out to you all, and we’re so close. Get your PC or Nintendo Switch ready for the end of August. We’re gonna put your Hollow Knight skills to the test!

#307 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   843 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:43 AM

I haven't played any lego games on Switch but my brother has a few and he said he pretty much can't play Undercover because it crashes constantly. Think he regrets getting it.

#308 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2122 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 17 July 2018 - 05:47 AM

I have played a few Lego games on the switch. Maybe I haven't played them enough? So far, just longer than I expected load times.

#309 tonyvx  

Posted 17 July 2018 - 06:54 AM

Can anyone who hasn't bought this yet just pay the paltry $15? Or if you insist on buying the mexican eshop version, just find some way to throw some extra bucks at these dudes for this content. Buy a soundtrack or some merch or something. They deserve it.

Anyway, I'm stoked for this

#310 Number 216   Hasa Diga Eebowai! CAGiversary!   14 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Number 216

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:29 AM

Can anyone who hasn't bought this yet just pay the paltry $15? Or if you insist on buying the mexican eshop version, just find some way to throw some extra bucks at these dudes for this content. Buy a soundtrack or some merch or something. They deserve it.

Anyway, I'm stoked for this

Amazingly they only charge $15 for the whole game and all the DLC.

Worth. Every. Penny! (and then some!) 

#311 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15445 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:29 PM

Eh? I've beat the main game and have progressed in 100%'ing it and I've never once had a crash. If you liked Lego Marvel 1 you'll enjoy 2. Its a refinement of the formula, and the open world is pretty great. Zipping from New York to Neuvo York to Wakanda to Asgard etc etc. Good time killer, but of the four your asked about would not be my first pick. Perhaps Shovel Knight or Hollow Knight.

You are somehow incredibly lucky then. By the time I got to 87% I couldn't load up the game and play 5 minutes in the free roam without it crashing. Moved my save to my gf's switch to try it and found the same thing happened. 

It could just be a bugged save, but if it is, a lot of the playerbase is having it.

#312 JoshFlowers   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   46 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

JoshFlowers

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:33 PM

You are somehow incredibly lucky then. By the time I got to 87% I couldn't load up the game and play 5 minutes in the free roam without it crashing. Moved my save to my gf's switch to try it and found the same thing happened. 

It could just be a bugged save, but if it is, a lot of the playerbase is having it.

I played it to almost 100%. I had it bug no more than any other recent Lego game.  Lego Dimensions on Wii U was probably the worst for me but still playable. 

#313 ILoveCAGSoMuch  

ILoveCAGSoMuch

Posted 18 July 2018 - 04:57 AM

Haven’t had a Nintendo system since N64 so sorry if this is a dumb question. Do any of the top Switch games ever go on sale in the eShop? Like Mario Kart, Odyssey, Tennis, Donkey Kong?

#314 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:37 AM

http://www.psprices.com <-

But you listed all 1st party games so... :lol:

I think Zelda has been the only one that has been on sale?

#315 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6859 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:44 AM

Haven’t had a Nintendo system since N64 so sorry if this is a dumb question. Do any of the top Switch games ever go on sale in the eShop? Like Mario Kart, Odyssey, Tennis, Donkey Kong?

They will whenever they drop to a "Greatest Hits" lineup.

Until then? Nope.

#316 plus1zero   The wall just got 10 feet higher CAGiversary!   6859 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:46 AM

Got in for a $10 eshop code earlier when ebay had that $10 off $10 coupon. Hoping to see Shovel Knight or Celeste on sale tomorrow. Otherwise I'll probably buy Celeste at full price.

#317 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:49 AM

Not those specific games, but Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, and a few others were on sale around E3.

#318 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 July 2018 - 05:01 PM

#319 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71284 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 18 July 2018 - 06:30 PM

Here are the new deals for today:

:switch:

Animal Rivals: Nintendo Switch Edition - $2.99 - 25% Off - Ends 8/1

Dead Cells - $19.99 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 8/7

State of Anarchy: Master of Mayhem - $6.39 - 20% Off - Pre-order ends 8/1

#320 Colddecembersnow   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   770 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Colddecembersnow

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:53 PM

https://twitter.com/...627928106258432

I miss Club Nintendo. Just logged in to see my rewards for My Nintendo and oof. Rough stuff.

#321 Dunder   You can't handle my undivided attention. CAGiversary!   1058 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 July 2018 - 10:56 PM

Got a long road trip coming up and looking for a recommendation: Shovel Knight:TT, Hollow Knight, Celeste, or Lego Marvel Superheroes 2?

Thanks for all the feedback. I ended up getting Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze thanks to the Target coupon glitch. Will look to grab Shovel Knight next.

#322 tonyvx  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:45 AM

I miss Club Nintendo. Just logged in to see my rewards for My Nintendo and oof. Rough stuff.

I know I may be in the minority, but I'll take 5% eshop cash back over knick knacks any day.

#323 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11601 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:06 AM

I know I may be in the minority, but I'll take 5% eshop cash back over knick knacks any day.

Seriously. OG club nintendo was only good when they added some of those physical rewards, and those always tended to go fast anyway.

I'm much more enjoying constantly having anywhere between $3-$5 worth of credit on my E-Shop account.

#324 Caterjunes   Me Bil CAGiversary!   1615 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:12 AM

Yeah, what I really miss is getting 10% back instead of 5% in the Wii U Deluxe days. The current program works fine for me, even if the Platinum rewards are all kinda throwaway.

#325 tonyvx  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:13 AM

Yeah, what I really miss is getting 10% back instead of 5% in the Wii U Deluxe days. The current program works fine for me, even if the Platinum rewards are all kinda throwaway.

Getting free games from Club Nintendo, then getting a $5 code for downloading the game... that promotion was so wonderfully broken.

Yeah, I don't even log in to My Nintendo even more. The offerings on the site/non-gold coin stuff is basically nothing. If they start offering Switch stuff (indie games, discounts that are worth more than the coins direct value) THAT will be interesting... but otherwise, I'll just stick to forgetting it exists.

#326 shanafan   XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan CAGiversary!   511 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 July 2018 - 01:42 PM

I am in that group as well. I'll take discounts on games over physical stuff any day of the week.

#327 CaptainJoel   In Brightest Day CAGiversary!   15445 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

CaptainJoel

Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:05 PM

I actually preferred the collectibles. I love my 3DS game case and Mario travel pouch. They put so much care into the design and usability of the old stuff. I am still disappointed I missed out on the cool statues though.

#328 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:20 PM

On the eShop? Rarely.

Physical?  Less rarely

#329 ValueSeeker  

ValueSeeker

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:00 PM

Registered Mario + Rabbid (physical) and got 60 points = $0.60

Pre-ordering Dead Cells = 100 points

Pre-ordering Overcooked! 2 = 120 points

All I can say is it's better than nothing, but why the 1 year expiration though 

At this rate, I'll have tree fiddy before having to spend it all

#330 katamaris4ever   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

katamaris4ever

Posted 19 July 2018 - 04:15 PM

On the eShop? Rarely.

Physical?  Less rarely

Actually reverse those. You'll usually have physical promos based on in-store offers (usually Best Buy or Target have some good promos every so often.)