* * * * * 20 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 2/11: Capcom/Namco/Ubisoft Sales! $20 Hades, $40 Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, & More!

#8821 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:58 AM

https://twitter.com/...281351192752128

Thanks Frosty. In for 5.

#8822 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10520 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 10 April 2020 - 02:39 PM

I'm an early riser and like to play video games around 5-7AM. The Animal Crossing game for the DS had the Early Bird option, where you could change your town to be active early, with stops open earlier and villagers active. 

Does the Switch version have anything like this? Posting my question here to avoid spoilers on other websites.

#8823 Action Jacktion   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   91 Posts   Joined 17.9 Years Ago  

Action Jacktion

Posted 10 April 2020 - 03:37 PM

Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse - $19.99 - 33% Off - Ends 4/13

I wish the DLC was on sale too. They probably forgot about it.

#8824 Soma_Cruz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1656 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Soma_Cruz

Posted 10 April 2020 - 04:21 PM

I don't think I've ever seen 3DS dlc go on sale. Although not like it's easy to check for that kinda stuff since it's not on the eshop.

#8825 omegafinal   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

omegafinal

Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:46 PM

I don't think I've ever seen 3DS dlc go on sale. Although not like it's easy to check for that kinda stuff since it's not on the eshop.

3DS DLC is not only rarer, but also tougher to find, since most of the time, you have to access it within the game itself, or announced elsewhere to find out if they are on sale. Atlus in the past frequently placed their DLCs for SMT4 and SMT4A on sale, and usually would find out through their newsletter. (Cannot recall the last time I've seen it.)

#8826 Mahgin86   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Mahgin86

Posted 10 April 2020 - 06:28 PM

In case not mentioned, or anyone interested...
I got Sonic Mania and the Genesis Collection. Bought the Retrobit 6 button controller.
It feels amazing. No issues there.
The problem lies with the button mapping. And since you can't fully customize controls in the Genesis Collection, you're stuck with a weird configuration that doesn't feel like a Genesis game anymore..
Buttons are mapped like a Switch.. So in Streets of Rage, you're using A and B for punching and kicking, Y for specials. Can't use Z or C, as they're ZL and ZR, rewind and fast forward. And unfortunately there's not many choices in the emulator for controls, and with the emulator controls being busted, of course in game will be too.
Simpler games I imagine would be fine.. But anything that can use the six buttons, I don't think this is a very viable option as is.
Just a heads up..

#8827 elessar123  

Posted 10 April 2020 - 06:59 PM

I'm an early riser and like to play video games around 5-7AM. The Animal Crossing game for the DS had the Early Bird option, where you could change your town to be active early, with stops open earlier and villagers active. 

Does the Switch version have anything like this? Posting my question here to avoid spoilers on other websites.

Not that I ever saw.

You could permanently set your clock to be 3 hours forwards though.

#8828 dinsosaurx   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   38 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

dinsosaurx

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:13 PM

Anyone have any opinions on volgarr the Viking? It looks punishing which I’m not too interested in right now.

#8829 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 10 April 2020 - 10:27 PM

Anyone have any opinions on volgarr the Viking? It looks punishing which I’m not too interested in right now.

I got yesterday and played a little. It does seem pretty hard, but also seems surprisingly polished for a buck. Also seems to be heavily inspired by the old arcade game Rastan, which I used to love.

Would be a great game to play with friends and take turns to see who can get the furthest (when people are allowed to have friends again, that is).

Overall, for a buck I'm satisfied.

#8830 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10520 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 10 April 2020 - 11:02 PM

Not that I ever saw.

You could permanently set your clock to be 3 hours forwards though.

What a great idea. I'll try it! Not sure if the Switch checks time by internet.

#8831 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1476 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 10 April 2020 - 11:38 PM

Or change your time zone?

#8832 alexanderthepsycho   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   15 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

alexanderthepsycho

Posted 10 April 2020 - 11:49 PM

It has an option to sync with the internet for the time. All you would have to do is unselect the option and set your clock ahead 3 hours.

#8833 utopianmachine   Deal Ninja CAGiversary!   10520 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

utopianmachine

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:42 AM

Or change your time zone?

It has an option to sync with the internet for the time. All you would have to do is unselect the option and set your clock ahead 3 hours.

Yes! It works! That's so great. I haven't been playing as much as I wanted, because the game wasn't fun to play at 5am real time. I adjusted the time, turned off internet time sync, and now I can have my town be active when I want to play.

Thanks guys!

#8834 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8533 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 12:38 PM

After you posted this, I remembered that the developer made the Sega Dreamcast version free to download several years ago.  If you have access to a Sega Dreamcast emulator and feel so inclined, here's the link to the developer's website.

http://volgarr.rkd.zone/

#8835 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2296 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 11 April 2020 - 01:49 PM

I've had it a while on XB1, think it was a Game with Gold at some point.  Tried it last Fall for the first time and yes it is very punishing.  Think Rastan with a Dark Souls type edge.  The first stage is practically a clone of Rastan's first level.  You can do it, but expect to die.  A lot.

It is pretty high quality though and plays great.

#8836 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8533 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 03:02 PM

The Steamworld sales on Switch, 3DS, and Wii U end today if anyone gives a damn.

#8837 herpalert  

herpalert

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:40 PM

In case not mentioned, or anyone interested...
I got Sonic Mania and the Genesis Collection. Bought the Retrobit 6 button controller.
It feels amazing. No issues there.
The problem lies with the button mapping. And since you can't fully customize controls in the Genesis Collection, you're stuck with a weird configuration that doesn't feel like a Genesis game anymore..
Buttons are mapped like a Switch.. So in Streets of Rage, you're using A and B for punching and kicking, Y for specials. Can't use Z or C, as they're ZL and ZR, rewind and fast forward. And unfortunately there's not many choices in the emulator for controls, and with the emulator controls being busted, of course in game will be too.
Simpler games I imagine would be fine.. But anything that can use the six buttons, I don't think this is a very viable option as is.
Just a heads up..

I am discovering this as well with the 8bitdo M30. I am having trouble with the Sega Ages, where you can remap the buttons. I can’t even get Lightening Force started. Pressing start takes you to the Emulator menu and I can’t find a button that will actually start the game.

It’s great for Sonic games, I guess.

#8838 ArugulaZ   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1893 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 April 2020 - 11:00 PM

The M30 doesn't work so great with my Switch Lite. The input lag is out of control; we're talking a half second delay here. I'm using Hyper Sentinel as a test game.

#8839 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 12 April 2020 - 12:45 AM

The M30 doesn't work so great with my Switch Lite. The input lag is out of control; we're talking a half second delay here. I'm using Hyper Sentinel as a test game.

Have you updated the firmware for the M30?

#8840 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   5671 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2020 - 06:02 AM

I am discovering this as well with the 8bitdo M30. I am having trouble with the Sega Ages, where you can remap the buttons. I can’t even get Lightening Force started. Pressing start takes you to the Emulator menu and I can’t find a button that will actually start the game.

I think I remember reading somewhere that you can switch the input mapping for some of the buttons in the M30 directly by holding some buttons down, but it might have just been switching A and B. Not sure.

#8841 madmatt213   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

madmatt213

Posted 12 April 2020 - 05:29 PM

I think I remember reading somewhere that you can switch the input mapping for some of the buttons in the M30 directly by holding some buttons down, but it might have just been switching A and B. Not sure.

Info below pulled off the top review for the M30 on Amazon: 

Here's how you swap buttons and change what stick/d-pad the d-pad counts as

UP+MINUS: DPAD
LEFT+MINUS: L JOYSTICK
RIGHT+MINUS: R JOYSTICK

DOWN+MINUS: A-B/X-Y

Hold 5sec swap layout

This isn't in the manual for some weird reason, but is extremely helpful.

As for the controller itself, it's great, the d-pad is wonderful, buttons feel nice, no complaints now that we know how to swap buttons and stuff. Now A/B/X/Y do the same thing as the pro controller, Z=L, C=R, L=ZL, R=ZR, this stays even after swapping buttons

#8842 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4306 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 12 April 2020 - 07:09 PM

New super Lucky's tale is 10% off

#8843 herpalert  

herpalert

Posted 12 April 2020 - 07:38 PM

Thanks! I need to play with it a bit. Admittedly, I haven’t messed with it too much. I have the 2.4 G version, not the Bluetooth, so I’ll have to see if it works the same.

#8844 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   959 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:03 PM

Has anyone seen Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers and Inazuma Eleven go on sale recently?

Dead heat breakers has never been on sale. Last month club Nintendo had a 40% discount for DRW: The last ranger that could be bought with platinum coins. I’m hoping for a sale too as I’d like to complete the trilogy. I think inazuma eleven has been on sale before, but that was a long time ago when level 5 sales were frequent.

#8845 Milonguero   system error... reboot CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:27 PM

Has anyone seen Dillon's Dead Heat Breakers and Inazuma Eleven go on sale recently?

it was on sale on 2019 or 2018 last time, (i can´t rememebr exaclty) but that was when i bought it...

#8846 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71190 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:00 PM

it was on sale on 2019 or 2018 last time, (i can´t rememebr exaclty) but that was when i bought it...

https://www.cheapass...5#entry14087397

11/21/18 was the last sale for it.

#8847 JaytheGamefan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4412 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

JaytheGamefan

Posted 12 April 2020 - 10:04 PM

I grabbed Rise: Race for the Future and while it's got a steep learning curve to it, it looks gorgeous on Switch and is the best-looking racer I've played in portable mode. Fantastic deal at $12 and change.

#8848 chriscolbert   Everything right is wrong again CAGiversary!   3610 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

chriscolbert

Posted 13 April 2020 - 01:34 AM

Can anyone give recommendations from the Atlas 3DS games on sale? I turned my 3DS on for the first time in probably 3 years and thought maybe I'd buy a couple of the 9.99 games if there are some that stand apart from the rest.

#8849 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3293 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 April 2020 - 04:00 AM

Can anyone give recommendations from the Atlas 3DS games on sale? I turned my 3DS on for the first time in probably 3 years and thought maybe I'd buy a couple of the 9.99 games if there are some that stand apart from the rest.

it's 19.99, but my strongest recommendation of that bunch is Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology

#8850 doctorwolf   CAG Newbie CAGiversary!   259 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

doctorwolf

Posted 13 April 2020 - 04:11 AM

Can anyone say anything about Invisigun Reloaded? It's on sale for a buck (usually 20).