* * * * - 10 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 5/16: Capcom & Ubisoft Sales! $20 Minecraft, $20 Dead Cells, $10 Yoku's Island Express, & More!

#3931 INCyr   Devotee of CAGthulhu CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:33 PM

Ended up splurging and getting the last three Ace Attorney games.  As far as I can tell, they're the best prices they've ever seen, and they all get really good reviews, so that should keep me busy for quite a while (as if my backlog wasn't already huge enough)

#3932 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1153 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:34 PM

Anyone heard any actual rumors about the 3DS Phoenix Wright games getting ported? I'd much rather play them on Switch but I want to play them eventually somewhere and if that needs to be on the 3DS that's fine. I'll feel stupid if I buy them now and they get ported but I'm leaning toward grabbing them.

#3933 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4395 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 04:34 PM

Anyone heard any actual rumors about the 3DS Phoenix Wright games getting ported? I'd much rather play them on Switch but I want to play them eventually somewhere and if that needs to be on the 3DS that's fine. I'll feel stupid if I buy them now and they get ported but I'm leaning toward grabbing them.

I feel like if you want to play them in the near future, you should grab them. The trilogy has been on 3DS and iOS forever, and it took Capcom until just recently to actually start porting it to other systems; there’s always the chance that they’ll be faster to port the other entries now that they’ve gotten started with the trilogy, but that’s counterbalanced by the fact that the newer entries aren’t as popular as the trilogy.

#3934 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6604 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 12:10 AM

If anyone is looking for a cheap entry point to the 3DS library, GameStop is running a deal where you can get a new Scarlet Red 2DS system with a new copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2 plus a new select Nintendo Selects title for $79.99:

https://www.gamestop...89410 or 189412

Select Nintendo Selects titles include Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Starfox 64 3D, Super Mario Maker. and Super Mario 3D Land.

Let the complaints about the 2D system's design commence!  I have one as a backup system in case my original 3DS ever fails, and it's decent enough for what it does.

#3935 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted Today, 12:59 AM

If anyone is looking for a cheap entry point to the 3DS library, GameStop is running a deal where you can get a new Scarlet Red 2DS system with a new copy of New Super Mario Bros. 2 plus a new select Nintendo Selects title for $79.99:

https://www.gamestop...89410 or 189412

Select Nintendo Selects titles include Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Starfox 64 3D, Super Mario Maker. and Super Mario 3D Land.

Let the complaints about the 2D system's design commence!  I have one as a backup system in case my original 3DS ever fails, and it's decent enough for what it does.

I'm sorry, but the regular 2DS is garbage. 

#3936 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   8552 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted Today, 03:00 AM

I'm sorry, but the regular 2DS is garbage.

Agreed unless you're giving it to a child who you know will drop it. It's a more resilient system from what I've heard.

#3937 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2740 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 03:56 AM

The odds of it going lower digitally in the near future are much lower than the odds that the physical copy will get boosted in the next GS stealth bump. It was on the stealth bump list in April. I would personally take that chance. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a digital copy of BOTW when it was on sale for $39.99. This is Capcom though, so another sale is probably inevitable

I hear you. The problem is, I also want to "convert" my PS4 copy of FFXII to a digital Switch copy, but that gap is even larger.

#3938 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted Today, 04:42 AM

Agreed unless you're giving it to a child who you know will drop it. It's a more resilient system from what I've heard.

Oh I know... I’ve got two of them lying around for just such an occasion. I think it is built more to be replaceable than it is durable. The hard plastic can shatter and the single “split” screen can get deep scratches easily.