* * * * - 10 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 7/18: Mega Man & Sega Ages Sales! $9 20XX, $10.50 Baba Is You, $5 Kero Blaster, $10.49 Rock of Ages 2, & More!

#2701 gmsick   $50,000... CASH!!! CAGiversary!   1472 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 12:19 PM

Did they ever fix WWE 2K18? I'd love to have a WWE game on the go.

No. 

#2702 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7115 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 February 2019 - 01:23 PM

So what exactly was announced for the 3ds? Anything?

Yeah, even before this direct happened, it was stated to be Switch only offerings, so no 3DS this go around. And if we don't get anything in the next direct for 3DS, I'd say it's over at this point. Depending on when a cheaper NS comes along, and who it may be targeted towards, we may get some more ports for the holiday season.

They may stop system production soon, and try to clear out systems this holiday, then move in to the cheaper NS alternative this holiday or next year. Either way, no need to keep offering 3DS titles, when that system is over, they just need to find the best way to transition to new customers at this point. Making even ports at this point, is probably costing them more than their making at this point due to less interest in the 3DS.

#2703 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 02:57 PM

I just fell into the information that you can get Hollow Knight on the MXN store for $7.71.  I'm going to be purchasing that this weekend and giving it a go.

#2704 MikeIsGood   CAG'n Since 04 CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

MikeIsGood

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:01 PM

*Shrug* I guess I didn't think it was that great of a Direct, and I don't think that makes me a hater or troll.  I don't think it was bad by any means, but it certainly didn't blow me away and I think we've seen better in the NS era. Ya know, it's okay to have different opinions :)

SMM2 was a great reveal - easily the star of the show for me. It was maybe a bit of a letdown that it led off the show so everything else seemed a little low. I'm really excited for FE, but it was nothing I wasn't expecting, and it's delayed (which is fine, but does temper excitement from the Direct). Still great to see some footage.

Zelda remake doesn't do it for me, but I know many are very excited for it.

Anyway, I think I might finally pick up NBA Playgrounds 2 with a nice digital sale.

#2705 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   1871 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:06 PM

Just finished the small demo of Yoshi's Crafted World.  Sad to say that I'll certainly be canceling my preorder.  Really dumbed-down forumla from previous games.   I found the music and art style to be more annoying than charming.  Only element added is the ability to walk/throw into the foreground and background - LBP did this over 10 years ago. 

Gotta fire up Yoshi's Island just to remember why I like the character. 

#2706 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   574 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 03:37 PM

I agree about the music in Yoshi's World.  I am not a fan of that tune that they have played throughout all of the videos and on the first level.  I did however really enjoy the gameplay and love the art style and charm the game has.

#2707 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7115 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 15 February 2019 - 04:26 PM

Just finished the small demo of Yoshi's Crafted World.  Sad to say that I'll certainly be canceling my preorder.  Really dumbed-down forumla from previous games.   I found the music and art style to be more annoying than charming.  Only element added is the ability to walk/throw into the foreground and background - LBP did this over 10 years ago. 

Yeah, I was underwhelmed with it as well, but that's most "N" games for me now a days, and why I no longer rush out to buy titles at launch. Nothing to bad, and nothing to great either, but it was just one level, so the magic could happen later on(but doubtful). The original SNES game is one of the best platformers ever created, and really shows "N" at the top of their game, no question. Perfect balance, amazing graphics, and pushed the SNES to it's limits, I just don't see that kind of effort anymore.

#2708 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1195 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2019 - 06:24 PM

I felt the same way! It was pretty lame. But Wooly World won me over (those scrolling stages got pretty intense), so this one will go into the "will play this when it goes cheap" category. It is a very charming game, and when you look closely and see how everything is crafted together with milk cartons, yarn, and buttons and stuff. That's pretty impressive. But yeah, I hope they don't overdo it with the hit this cloud to let down the ramp so you can continue walking to the right! stuff. Even if it is cute that would get tedious.

-

I'm torn on whether I want Mario Maker digital or physical. I might have to go physical since my Best Buy GCU discount saves $12 (even better if it comes with a $10 gift card). But unless I was building a stage, I was really only playing the WiiU version in short bursts, so having it digital was super convenient. What are you guys going with?

#2709 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1330 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 15 February 2019 - 09:22 PM

I felt the same way! It was pretty lame. But Wooly World won me over (those scrolling stages got pretty intense), so this one will go into the "will play this when it goes cheap" category. It is a very charming game, and when you look closely and see how everything is crafted together with milk cartons, yarn, and buttons and stuff. That's pretty impressive. But yeah, I hope they don't overdo it with the hit this cloud to let down the ramp so you can continue walking to the right! stuff. Even if it is cute that would get tedious.
-

I'm torn on whether I want Mario Maker digital or physical. I might have to go physical since my Best Buy GCU discount saves $12 (even better if it comes with a $10 gift card). But unless I was building a stage, I was really only playing the WiiU version in short bursts, so having it digital was super convenient. What are you guys going with?

I almost always go physical, but I’m going digital for Mario Maker. I didn’t play the first game nearly as much as I wanted to since I was lazy to pop in the disc for a 30 minute burst. I like the idea of popping in and out to see what’s the latest hot level or tinkering on a level a bit at a time. And sometimes I just wanna play a few levels of Mario.

Even if I had GCU, I would still go digital. The digital bonus offsets the GCU savings a bit too so you’re really only saving like 7 bucks going physical.

#2710 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:50 AM

I just can't figure out why they cannot go back to the sketchbook style of the original.  It would look great on modern systems.

#2711 Decker   Xbox Live Cannon Fodder CAGiversary!   1983 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:37 PM

Ooohh, Ms Splosion Man for $8.99!  Thanks Frisky!

#2712 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:59 PM

Recently got a 3ds... What eShop games (digital only) are must haves? I prefer act/adv and rpgs if that helps.

#2713 biledriver   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

biledriver

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:22 PM

Recently got a 3ds... What eShop games (digital only) are must haves? I prefer act/adv and rpgs if that helps.

The Shantae games are great. The last one is available physical but it has been pricey in the past. There's a couple more where physical will set you back depending where you look like Xenoblade and Fantasy Life. Oh and the Inazuma Eleven game is a soccer rpg(yes) that is digital only in the states.

#2714 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4483 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 07:36 PM

Could you clarify whether by digital only, you mean only games that aren't sold physically, or only games that are sold digitally, regardless of whether there are also physical versions?

I'd also like to add my take on the Shantae series, since that's already been recommended, as being mostly average. Pirate's Curse is the best of the bunch by a significant margin, and that's fairly decent, but I would still recommend other well-reviewed metroidvanias over it. The series does have a certain charm, but the writing and jokes are repetitive and get pretty stale after a couple entries, so if you're going to try the series, I would suggest starting with the best. Fortunately the worst game in the series (Half Genie Hero) isn't even on the 3DS.

#2715 Moofboy   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   400 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:21 PM

Sorry about that. I meant eShop exclusives that are not available physically. Looking for titles that I can't get on my vita.

Edit: Inazuma Eleven sounds good... What are the rpg elements like?

#2716 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4483 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:22 AM

Sorry about that. I meant eShop exclusives that are not available physically. Looking for titles that I can't get on my vita.

I can’t speak for specifics on Inazuma Eleven, as it’s still in my backlog, but as I understand it it’s like a shounen-sports-based, more story-oriented Pokemon, where you collect different players for your team who have various abilities.

As for titles I can recommend, I’d point to pretty nearly any Virtual Console Zelda game—especially Link’s Awakening and the Oracle games. The Guild 01 and Guild 02 games might be worth checking out—they’re small games designed by some of the more noteworthy names in Japanese development. Specifically, I’d point out:

Crimson Shroud (by the guy who did Vagrant Story and FF Tactics); it plays out like a super streamlined P&P RPG, even including simulated dice rolls.
Liberation Maiden (by Suda51 of Killer7 and No More Heroes fame) is a shmup.
Attack of the Friday Monsters is one I still have backlogged (and don’t even know much about), but which is often recommended, though there’s not much action or RPG about it.

If your interest in action/adventure extends to platformers or shmups, I can definitely recommend the Sega 3D Classics as being potentially the best renditions of those games yet released. There is a physical release that collects some of them (though not all), but it might be more convenient to pick and choose the ones you’re interested in. There’s a decent variety of pretty highly acclaimed old Genesis/Mega Drive and arcade games.

#2717 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   68884 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:33 AM

The new deals from yesterday:

:switch: Pre-orders

Awesome Pea - $5.39 - 10% Off - Ends 3/1

Creepy Road - $11.69 - 10% Off - Ends 3/1

Klondike Solitaire - $3.99 - 55% Off - Ends 2/28

Pirates Pinball - $1.97 - 33% Off - Ends 3/1

Swords and Soldiers 2 Shawarmageddon - $12.74 - 15% Off - Ends 3/7

Tardy - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 3/7

Treasure Stack - $17.99 - 10% Off - Ends 3/1

:switch:

The Bug Butcher - $6.39 - 20% Off - Ends 2/28

Circle of Sumo - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 2/24

Dimension Drive - $6.49 - 50% Off - Ends 2/28

The Gardens Between - $9.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/24

The Lion's Song - $7.99 - 20% Off - Ends 3/7

Nekopara Vol 1 - $9.89 - 35% Off - Ends 2/28

Paper Wars: Cannon Fodder Devastated - $4.99 - 50% Off - Ends 2/21

Photon Cube - $6.82 - 50% Off - Ends 3/2

Space Lift Danger Panic! - $3.99 - 20% Off - Ends 2/22

Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX - $5.84 - 35% Off - Ends 2/28

#2718 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2614 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:02 AM

Been in the top 20 a few times... holy crap does it SPEED up in top 10  :shock:

#2719 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 17 February 2019 - 08:04 AM

Been in the top 20 a few times... holy crap does it SPEED up in top 10  :shock:

It speeds up even from top 10 to, say, top 3. My first finish was a 6th overall, and I've done that a couple times.

I pulled a 3rd place finish out of my ass last night and the speed difference from 6th to 3rd was something else, lemme tell you.

#2720 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7115 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:39 AM

Yeah, I was pretty hyped for Tetris 99, and and after playing my first few games, I was still pretty hyped. Watch a few videos to completion..........hypeness, all but gone. LOL

Yeah, that top 10 looks absolutely insane, but even to get to that point is no joke. This is for sure one of those "just one more time" type of games, which I guess insures there will always be players to fill out the "99".

#2721 realbigexplosion   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1645 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

realbigexplosion

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:44 PM

I've got 2nd twice and 3rd once.  That top three is pretty bananas, especially if everyone has 3 to 4 badges.

#2722 Tebunker   Shrugs at Clouds CAGiversary!   673 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:05 PM

Gotten a couple wins and multiple top 3s. I honestly cannot tell you how I pulled off the wins other than sheer luck

#2723 Echotech83   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   712 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Echotech83

Posted 17 February 2019 - 07:58 PM

Yea I still suck at Tetris, best I’ve made it to is 37. Accidentally hitting the fast drop button can ruin everything. That and having 12 people target you at the same time. But I’m still enjoying it, definitely has the “one more time” feel to it.

#2724 ZForce915   Group hug! CAGiversary!   6479 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:18 PM

I have a first, second and a couple top ten.

At first I just play Tetris and after you get noticed about 50 being left I make sure not to get too high up with my blocks since junk can come quickly

#2725 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5011 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:08 AM

This is going to sound really stupid but I have not given eshop deals nearly enough love, I have a switch and a 3ds and eshop credit, it looks like I need to get some sort of memory card, are they all pretty reliable?  I remember having all sorts of problems with ps1 and 2 memory cards that weren't first party.

Is there one sd card that will work with both the switch and 3ds?  Do I need to get separate cards?  I may sell off all of my carts and just get downloadable versions of everything.

#2726 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4483 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 05:24 AM

This is going to sound really stupid but I have not given eshop deals nearly enough love, I have a switch and a 3ds and eshop credit, it looks like I need to get some sort of memory card, are they all pretty reliable? I remember having all sorts of problems with ps1 and 2 memory cards that weren't first party.

Is there one sd card that will work with both the switch and 3ds? Do I need to get separate cards? I may sell off all of my carts and just get downloadable versions of everything.

Just get a SanDisk or Samsung SD card for each system, they’re dirt cheap these days and those brands are pretty rock solid reliable.

#2727 SackAttack   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   656 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

SackAttack

Posted 18 February 2019 - 07:14 AM

Yea I still suck at Tetris, best I’ve made it to is 37. Accidentally hitting the fast drop button can ruin everything. That and having 12 people target you at the same time. But I’m still enjoying it, definitely has the “one more time” feel to it.

If by "accidentally" you mean "I didn't want to use the hard drop at all" you can toggle that in options.

If you use it selectively I got nothin'.

#2728 dracula   i'll buy that for a dolla CAGiversary!   5011 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 09:38 AM

Ok thanks, I got one for the 3ds, I think the switch has some internal memory. I guess I could always get another later

#2729 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2682 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:15 PM

This is going to sound really stupid but I have not given eshop deals nearly enough love, I have a switch and a 3ds and eshop credit, it looks like I need to get some sort of memory card, are they all pretty reliable?  I remember having all sorts of problems with ps1 and 2 memory cards that weren't first party.

Is there one sd card that will work with both the switch and 3ds?  Do I need to get separate cards?  I may sell off all of my carts and just get downloadable versions of everything.

Just get a SanDisk or Samsung SD card for each system, they’re dirt cheap these days and those brands are pretty rock solid reliable.

Adding on... with the Switch at minimum get a U1 rated card.  If you can get a U3, even better.  Nintendo recommends 60MB/s to 95MB/s speeds.  This is mostly for reading since the writing speed is only for download content.  Inititially I used a cheaper card rated at like 4MB/s or 6MB/s and eventually the card wouldn't write.  So... definitely check the stats before buying.

The card I currently use is a SanDisk Ultra 128GB microSDXC U1 card that shows 100MB/s speed... and is $21.40 on Amazon at the moment.  (Product Number: SDSQUAR-128G-6N6MA)

https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B073JYC4XM

Here's the source for Nintendo's recommendations:

https://en-americas-...icrosd-card-faq

For 3DS, as noted, get a separate card.  Also aim for any U1 rated (class 10) card.  You should be more than good to go with that.  If what you bought is below Class 10 then you may want to upgrade it later for faster loading.  It should still work fine though.

#2730 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 18 February 2019 - 03:46 PM

Dang, Owlboy just does not want to get to $10. And Undertale please be dirst cheap soo. You've been out forever and your sequel is coming. It's been like $2 on PC many times already.