* * * * * 4 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 7/19: 3DS/Wii U Capcom Sale, $7.49 Enter the Gungeon, $3.49 Mom Hid My Game, & More!

#31 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   505 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:35 PM

Thanks for posting deals, Frisky!

One note tho - The 3DS list says Final Fantasy Warriors is on sale, but the game is Final Fantasy Explorers.

NEW WARRIORS GAME CONFIRMED!

#32 DarthPwner  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:45 PM

We love you FRISKY! I have bought many games on your say-so, so I do appreciate the work you do. As for the social anxiety, I completely understand. In my profession, I see that a lot, and it is unfortunate. Some of the coolest people I have ever met have the same thing. I have an in to those folks in my profession because we share something in common. I wish I could say the same thing for ALL professions, but alas... it only takes a few to make big changes!

I bought Hollow Night last week on your say-so. I tried it and I can't wait to play it. I am currently playing Trails in the Sky FC, and Dark Souls:Remastered, so I think in the next month, I will be able to get to Hollow Knight. I had some issues with input lag when I booted it up, but a quick Google search allowed me to remedy that (you have to disconnect and reconnect your Pro controller and it gets rid of it... for some strange reason.)

#33 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67228 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

Thanks for posting deals, Frisky!

One note tho - The 3DS list says Final Fantasy Warriors is on sale, but the game is Final Fantasy Explorers.

Whoops. Fixed it.

#34 illatwill  

illatwill

Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:57 PM

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet but Newegg has 10% off Nintendo eShop $50 Gift Cards (limit of 3). 

Promo code: EMCPVEY22

#35 madmatt213   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

madmatt213

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:38 PM

Even better than the Newegg deal is PayPal Gifts doing their classic $42.50 for $50 eShop code on their eBay store. Act quick, they don't last long!

https://www.ebay.com...y-/283013955503

===================

Update: Looks like they sold out at 1,250. Never seems to last more than a few hours at that price.

#36 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother CAG Veteran   276 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:10 PM

Thanks Frisky. I also apologize. The internet makes people appear less human and I resent it wholly because it gives us an edge to not be as polite as we would be in person. This is a systemic problem that we all need to deal with. Some are affected more than others (hint: me, as in I'm part of it) but we're all in it together nonetheless.

#37 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3919 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:19 PM

Somebody remind me which FF spinoff Final Fantasy Explorers is supposed to be. I can't keep them straight anymore.

#38 Z-Saber   Dancing is about butts now CAGiversary!   5910 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:21 PM

Yeah, throw me in the apology ring. I tried messaging Frisky to say as much, but found out I'm blocked. Guess that shows what a dick I was. I'm endeavoring to calm down the sarcasm and negativity.

#39 lionheart059   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   290 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

lionheart059

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

Somebody remind me which FF spinoff Final Fantasy Explorers is supposed to be. I can't keep them straight anymore.

It's like Monster Hunter.

#40 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67228 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:34 PM

#41 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   3919 Posts   Joined 5.6 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

Didn't see this posted anywhere yet but Newegg has 10% off Nintendo eShop $50 Gift Cards (limit of 3). 

Promo code: EMCPVEY22

How long does NewEgg typically take to deliver codes via email these days? I haven't bought anything from them in ages.

#42 thedragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   777 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:07 PM

Metroid Samus Returns for 3ds is currently 19.99 used on gamefly with free shipping.  That's a match for the lowest I've ever seen it and finally bit - Gamefly used games always come with case/codes/art whatever.

#43 illatwill  

illatwill

Posted 19 June 2018 - 06:15 PM

How long does NewEgg typically take to deliver codes via email these days? I haven't bought anything from them in ages.

I have no idea honestly, as I've never ordered anything digitally from them. 

All I know is the sale should last for 7 days. 

#44 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67228 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:50 PM

#45 rpgaymer  

rpgaymer

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:12 PM

I've been lurking and taking advantage of these threads for years.  I've probably spent hundreds thanks to these sale...

Just wanted to finally make an account here and say thanks for the posting these deals every week, Frisky!  It's very appreciated :)

#46 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2287 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:14 PM

Even better than the Newegg deal is PayPal Gifts doing their classic $42.50 for $50 eShop code on their eBay store. Act quick, they don't last long!

https://www.ebay.com...y-/283013955503

Appears to be dead

#47 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2168 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:27 PM

Fresh new thread.  We can always use a little extra positivity with this stuff.   I enjoy the game feedback as much as the deals.  Always quality stuff Frisky.

Q: With the new demo for Octopath Traveller, is there any specific path that's particularly fun?  I tried the Dancer with the first demo and didn't care much for it.  WIth the new one I tried the Hunter because I liked the idea of capturing beasts and using them in battle... but the intro dragged on and then despite having a lot of berries that first major enemy ended up wiping me out after about 30+ moves.  I'm not finding the fun but I'm still willing to give it another chance if anyone can recommend a specific character that just was super fun and made them love the game.

#48 madmatt213   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   72 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

madmatt213

Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:54 PM

Appears to be dead

Thanks for the heads up, that 15%-off deal always goes quickly. I updated my post to say it's all sold out now.

#49 elessar123  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:16 PM

Q: With the new demo for Octopath Traveller, is there any specific path that's particularly fun?  I tried the Dancer with the first demo and didn't care much for it.  WIth the new one I tried the Hunter because I liked the idea of capturing beasts and using them in battle... but the intro dragged on and then despite having a lot of berries that first major enemy ended up wiping me out after about 30+ moves.  I'm not finding the fun but I'm still willing to give it another chance if anyone can recommend a specific character that just was super fun and made them love the game.

I think you need to utilize the Boost Points more effectively.

Hunter was the first one I played, and it's the one I've found most fun so far. I also played as Thief, Merchant, Dancer, Cleric, and Apothecary.

Edit: Thief, Merchant, and Apothecary were also fun. Dancer and Cleric didn't jive with me as much.

#50 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   11320 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:26 PM

Thanks for posting these threads Frisky.  They are some of the most thorough and up to date threads on this site.

#51 Zenax[zd]   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   378 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Zenax[zd]

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:31 PM

Only tried Cyrus so far (the scholar I believe it is, teacher dude) and I had a lot of fun with it, you get to be RPG Sherlock.

Was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed the battle system as well, the boost and vulnerable mechanics play well off each other. It's satisfying setting up a combo and then unleashing it to just utterly destroy enemies. 

#52 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67228 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:36 PM

Ended up trading in Breath of the Wild and The Witcher 3 CE to GameStop to get about $49 towards a $50 eShop card, which I used to get Breath of the Wild during the sale. Also replaced W3CE on PS4 with the digital version, as well. It was about $20 out of pocket to turn both into digital versions.

Also got Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle from GameFly for about $18 with the two $5 coupons I had to use quickly.

#53 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2287 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:12 AM

Ended up trading in Breath of the Wild and The Witcher 3 CE to GameStop to get about $49 towards a $50 eShop card, which I used to get Breath of the Wild during the sale. Also replaced W3CE on PS4 with the digital version, as well. It was about $20 out of pocket to turn both into digital versions.

Also got Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle from GameFly for about $18 with the two $5 coupons I had to use quickly.

Breath of the wild is definitely nice to have digitally to pick up and play for shrines and missions. Let us know how you like Mario rabbids, I loved it, thought it was a little long but decent challenge at times and a fun way to incorporate a ubisoft property I don't care at all about. I'll probably pick up the DK DLC

#54 CheepyDee   Hello I am Best Buy GCU's Scolding Mother CAG Veteran   276 Posts   Joined 0.6 Years Ago  

CheepyDee

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:52 AM

...Mario rabbids, I loved it, thought it was a little long but decent challenge at times and a fun way to incorporate a ubisoft property I don't care at all about.

I agree it was long in the tooth. There are some missions I found to be purposefully difficult and my cynical self couldn't help but feel like it was padding. The mechanics themselves are solid, original, and best of all, fun, however the pacing needs work.

#55 bob101910   Cammy's Cat CAGiversary!   4268 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:01 AM

I thought Mario vs. Rabbids was a good length. At first I immediately regretted buying it because I don't even like the genre, but the game pulled me eventually and I didn't want it to end. Even bought the Rabbids Yoshi figurine from Best Buy. Looking forward to the DLC next week.

Working on the challenges now. Those are insane. I wish the collectibles were less gallery art. Character skins or multiple skins for a single weapon would have been nice.

I didn't think the levels were needlessly difficult. Some of the challenges extremely hard. Some levels I had to go outside of my comfort zone by using a wider variety of characters.

#56 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   67228 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:24 AM

I thought Mario vs. Rabbids was a good length. At first I immediately regretted buying it because I don't even like the genre, but the game pulled me eventually and I didn't want it to end. Even bought the Rabbids Yoshi figurine from Best Buy. Looking forward to the DLC next week.

Working on the challenges now. Those are insane. I wish the collectibles were less gallery art. Character skins or multiple skins for a single weapon would have been nice.

I didn't think the levels were needlessly difficult. Some of the challenges extremely hard. Some levels I had to go outside of my comfort zone by using a wider variety of characters.

If you want to try out another turn-based strategy game like that one, check out the Ghost Recon game on the 3DS if it's available on the cheap on the eShop or for a physical version somewhere. It was one of the biggest surprises among early 3DS games and the director of the original XCOM games directed the Ghost Recon game for some added credibility.

#57 squishface   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1834 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

squishface

Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:45 AM

I just traded my kingdom battle cartridge for an eshop card to get the gold edition. Only a few more days for the new content to come put :)

#58 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   1753 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:56 PM

With the octopath traveller demo, i love the idea the save can transfer over to the main game..
So i fire it up last night, only to find the “3 hour limit” on the save...
So of course im going to need to find all the best stuff and the best class to play to find all that stuff.

I see how they dont want to give you the whole game in the demo, but timed demos are annoying. Especially ones that you can transfer over to the full game. You spend more time trying to get the best “transfer” and finding all the secret stuff and pay less attention to the actual game.
Wish they would have made the demo just a certain portion of the game. Yeah you'd hit the paywall, but you would also pay more attention to the game.

Like the game, the 3 hour part just annoys me a bit.

#59 shanafan_cag   XBL / PSN / NNID: shanafan CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

shanafan_cag

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

Waiting on a sale for the End is Nigh and Tiny Barbarian DX.

I have hardly seen a sale on the Binding of Isaac, done by the creator of End is Nigh, so not sure that game will get discounted any time soon.

#60 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2168 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

Like the game, the 3 hour part just annoys me a bit.

Interesting.  It felt overly generous to me.  For games like this I just want to know if I like the game enough to buy it.  If I buy it my intent is to nuke my save and the demo before hand and buy it physical.  I'd imagine the actual release won't just dump you to a character selection screen but will have some intro video or other intro content and I don't mind starting fresh in an RPG to get the full experience.

I'm giving the demo one more try tonight and then making my decision.