* * * * - 11 votes

Nintendo eShop Deals - 9/12: Johnny Turbo Sale! $10 Celeste, $5 Kero Blaster, $36 Civ VI, $1.19 Hexologic, & More!

#4831 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2410 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:23 PM

Funny how a class action lawsuit has a way of making that happen! Sadly, they didn't feel the need to address or admit this issue before that happened, but better late than never I guess.

Yup. Exactly. I've never noticed drift in mine but gonna send anyways to be safe.

#4832 duffle  

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:25 PM

Yup. Exactly. I've never noticed drift in mine but gonna send anyways to be safe.

Lol wut.

What are they going to fix?

#4833 chrislaustin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7207 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

chrislaustin

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:36 PM

Lol wut.

What are they going to fix?

I believe it's an hardware issue, just like the RRoD, and if given enough time, all JC can possibly fail. So to send them in, means they change out the defective piece with the new one that won't degrade like the current part does. This is what happens when you rush an item to market, and try to save a buck in the process, as it leads to lawsuits. My son's has two sets, and I'll be sending both in at alternate times for whatever fix is offered. Those things are to expensive to just let them go until the issue happens, then have them say to late. So yeah, this will hurt their pocketbook in the short term, but it's an issue of their own making, so no tears here.

#4834 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2410 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 24 July 2019 - 02:45 PM

I believe it's an hardware issue, just like the RRoD, and if given enough time, all JC can possibly fail. So to send them in, means they change out the defective piece with the new one that won't degrade like the current part does. This is what happens when you rush an item to market, and try to save a buck in the process, as it leads to lawsuits. My son's has two sets, and I'll be sending both in at alternate times for whatever fix is offered. Those things are to expensive to just let them go until the issue happens, then have them say to late. So yeah, this will hurt their pocketbook in the short term, but it's an issue of their own making, so no tears here.

Exactly.

#4835 nightc1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2776 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2019 - 03:49 PM

I have no drift issues.  But then my near launch switch hasn't warped, the dock hasn't warped, the controllers all work, and it's been a great couple of years now with the switch.  I've mostly played docked so there's been all the opportunity for it to heat up.

If anything needed a class action suit it was over hinges on the DS and DS-lite.

#4836 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2019 - 04:39 PM

https://www.nintendo...tomers_who_paid

Ok please like if its good

PSA LINK^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MY CONSOLE HINGES ARE BETTER TOO

#4837 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9470 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2019 - 05:38 PM

Those hinges suck on the 3DS too. I know my original 3DS XL's hinges wore out and had to be replaced. I haven't had drifting either but only been using mine for a few months. I do play it often handheld if that means anything and rarely remove them from the console.

#4838 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2019 - 05:38 PM

Dang man, what kinda life do Nintendo people lead if they're dropping $200 to prepurchase stuff they're not even buying yet?

I mean, when you put it that way...

I bought 4 vouchers with the intention of converting from physical and going digital on my Switch. Problem is, I just couldn't bring myself to do so. It seems odd to me to own a digital game that only gives you 80 hours or less of gameplay, since you can always trade that in towards something else. Anyway, so I decided to use my voucher on SMM2 since it has endless content updates. I likely will use another to convert my physical copy of Smash to digital, but that still leaves me with two.

For example, my (first-world) dilemma is this: do I spend $48 in cash buying Fire Emblem physical from BB w/ GCU, $60 in trade credit for physical from GS, or do I spend one of my vouchers and be forever stuck with the game even after completing it? This is why I have trouble using my vouchers.

#4839 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2019 - 05:45 PM

Honestly dude, this site is CAG...what people do with their money (as much as I might agree with you bro), isn’t our business.....

#4840 Souffrir   Eternally Training CAG CAGiversary!   4562 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:09 PM

I haven’t gotten a Switch, but overall I’ve been pretty lucky with consoles and handhelds. Out of the sixteen machines I’ve owned, released over a span ranging from 1989 to 2013, I’ve only had problems with my GBC (broken speaker, headphone jack still works), DS Lite (shoulder button presses no longer recognized), OG 3DS (shoulder button presses no longer recognized), OG Xbox (doesn’t turn on most of the time), and OG PS3 (on the verge of YLOD), and I bought the Xbox and PS3 used, so I can’t really account for how rough they were used before I got them.

So what my experience suggests to me is that Nintendo has a history of flubbing hardware details in their portable (or semi portable) systems.

#4841 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2410 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:12 PM

I mean, when you put it that way...

I bought 4 vouchers with the intention of converting from physical and going digital on my Switch. Problem is, I just couldn't bring myself to do so. It seems odd to me to own a digital game that only gives you 80 hours or less of gameplay, since you can always trade that in towards something else. Anyway, so I decided to use my voucher on SMM2 since it has endless content updates. I likely will use another to convert my physical copy of Smash to digital, but that still leaves me with two.

For example, my (first-world) dilemma is this: do I spend $48 in cash buying Fire Emblem physical from BB w/ GCU, $60 in trade credit for physical from GS, or do I spend one of my vouchers and be forever stuck with the game even after completing it? This is why I have trouble using my vouchers.

80 hrs or less? WTF? I'm here struggling with 20hr games. I'm all digital on all platforms except the Switch though. Don't trust Nintendo with online anything. I did a set of vouchers though. Deal was pretty good.

#4842 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2410 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 24 July 2019 - 07:14 PM

Dang man, what kinda life do Nintendo people lead if they're dropping $200 to prepurchase stuff they're not even buying yet?

I don't know about the OP but I have a good job and so does my wife so we have a good amount of disposable income. I mean $200 aint really a lot. We can spend that on a night of dinner and drinks.

#4843 madmatt213   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

madmatt213

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:04 PM

I have an extremely hard time finishing a game if I have it physically. I have this urge to always trade stuff in if I can. Buying games digitally is the only way I actually finish them. However, I do also borrow games from the library, and I do usually finish those since they have a due date.

#4844 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 July 2019 - 09:25 PM

I have an extremely hard time finishing a game if I have it physically. I have this urge to always trade stuff in if I can. Buying games digitally is the only way I actually finish them. However, I do also borrow games from the library, and I do usually finish those since they have a due date.

That's a good point. I've had BotW since launch with my Switch, and still haven't played it yet because I keep flipping my physical copy back and forth.

#4845 tonyvx  

Posted 24 July 2019 - 10:49 PM

I don't know about the OP but I have a good job and so does my wife so we have a good amount of disposable income. I mean $200 aint really a lot. We can spend that on a night of dinner and drinks.

Elitist willie over here

#4846 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2410 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:11 PM

Elitist willie over here

Nah man. I don't have nearly as much cool tech as some people here. Gaming is cheap compared to other hobbies. I have friends that collect guns, rifles, etc. Now that's expensive.

#4847 topchief1   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

topchief1

Posted 24 July 2019 - 11:57 PM

Nah man. I don't have nearly as much cool tech as some people here. Gaming is cheap compared to other hobbies. I have friends that collect guns, rifles, etc. Now that's expensive.

"collect" guns, rifles , ect

#4848 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2738 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 25 July 2019 - 02:19 AM

Just verifying that Walmart will in fact have Fire Emblem Three Houses in store (price tag up already) listed at $49.94.

#4849 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 25 July 2019 - 06:04 AM

Yeah, $200 isn't really even enough to be considered "pocket change", to be honest. That's less than I pay my butler to stand in the middle of the field behind my house while I hit golf balls at him.

#4850 Bing147   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1162 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:50 AM

Any good eShop credit deals at the moment? Haven't seen much lately and still want to grab another set of vouchers before they expire. 

#4851 lastemp3ror   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1496 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

lastemp3ror

Posted 25 July 2019 - 10:52 AM

Any good eShop credit deals at the moment? Haven't seen much lately and still want to grab another set of vouchers before they expire. 

Costco always has $50 eshop card for $45 on their website. Outside of that, I have not seen anything as of late.

#4852 elitewillie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2410 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

elitewillie

Posted 25 July 2019 - 11:02 AM

Yeah, $200 isn't really even enough to be considered "pocket change", to be honest. That's less than I pay my butler to stand in the middle of the field behind my house while I hit golf balls at him.

I pay my butler a little bit more.

#4853 7String   Adam Howard CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 1.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:20 PM

you know thats an interesting point you bring up
We go nuts on here to save $5 on a game right
But then well literally spend 5 just on a tip for a drink our ladies make us buy them, which adds up to $200 + in a night

Why not just send the ladies home on date night, and hit Target/Amazon twitch lol!! No I’m kidding but it makes me thing, relatively, are we being TOO CAG???? If we can go out and spend a couple hundred on date night because WE HAVE TO for the ladies, then why not just spend what we want on us instead of hawking these deals ?? Just a little splurge right? I mean ????

#4854 duffle  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:23 PM

you know thats an interesting point you bring up
We go nuts on here to save $5 on a game right
But then well literally spend 5 just on a tip for a drink our ladies make us buy them, which adds up to $200 + in a night

Why not just send the ladies home on date night, and hit Target/Amazon twitch lol!! No I’m kidding but it makes me thing, relatively, are we being TOO CAG???? If we can go out and spend a couple hundred on date night because WE HAVE TO for the ladies, then why not just spend what we want on us instead of hawking these deals ?? Just a little splurge right? I mean ????

Ok ok this thread's gone off the rails, Frisky plz rapture us up

#4855 ZForce915   Group hug! CAGiversary!   6495 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 01:23 PM

Costco has a great deal on Kirkland golf balls right now. I’ve been able to spend another 30 mins a day hitting balls at Jeeves with the savings.

#4856 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:18 PM

For anyone that plays Splatoon 2: You can actually get something useful with your MyNintendo platinum points (100) -

https://my.nintendo....6fcde447f43d27d

You can redeem your points and receive a Splatoon 2 in-game gear download code.
This is a set of four in-game gear items. You can receive:
• Gray FA-11 Bomber
• Brown FA-11 Bomber
• Red V-Neck Limited Tee
• Green V-Neck Limited Tee

#4857 Dranakin   Member Since Oct 2003 CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:41 PM

Reading the reviews for FE, I'm liking what I'm hearing so I might pick it up release week (which I almost never do for AAA games, given my backlog). My (first-world) dilemma is this: do I spend $60 in trade credit for a physical copy from GS, or do I spend one of my eShop vouchers that I don't currently have any plans for? I've ruled out getting it from BB despite having GCU, because I don't have any BB credit and would rather not spend actual cash when I have these other options.

#4858 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 25 July 2019 - 03:46 PM

Reading the reviews for FE, I'm liking what I'm hearing so I might pick it up release week (which I almost never do for AAA games, given my backlog). My (first-world) dilemma is this: do I spend $60 in trade credit for a physical copy from GS, or do I spend one of my eShop vouchers that I don't currently have any plans for? I've ruled out getting it from BB despite having GCU, because I don't have any BB credit and would rather not spend actual cash when I have these other options.

The voucher is the pretty obvious choice, if you don't want to use any form of currency with an alternate value.

#4859 tonyvx  

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:11 PM

With FE's ridiculous length, digital seems like a no brainer.

#4860 Leostacks  

Leostacks

Posted 25 July 2019 - 04:11 PM

The gameplay is really good, but the grind is insane if you don't want to pay for anything.

I guess it's worth $10 from Bestbuy physical with a coupon. If it's that bad I'll just give it someone else to play.