- - - - -

PSN Flash Sale ends 6/25 @ 11 AM ET/8 AM PT

#91 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9983 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:16 AM

Got Hyper Light Drifter and Flinthook.

Probably be PS+ freebies next month knowing my luck. You’re welcome.

#92 The Lord of Awesome   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1090 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

The Lord of Awesome

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:01 AM

Got Hyper Light Drifter and Flinthook.

Probably be PS+ freebies next month knowing my luck. You’re welcome.

Ehhhh. They're starting to consistently give out retail games. I'm expecting Alien Isolation next month, maybe August or September otherwise. Maybe Dead by Daylight in October if the devs are kind enough.

#93 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

I grabbed Flinthook, PixelJunk Shooter Ultimate, Nex Machina, Eliosi's Hunt, Polarity: Ultimate Edition, and Bard's Gold from the flash sale along with Vostok Inc from the weekly sale. Thanks to you all for your recommendations.

#94 Dbo2700  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:20 AM

I know I'm going to regret not grabbing Dead by Daylight.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

#95 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3685 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:38 PM

Considering the Ezio Collection here at the last minute even though I still have them on 360. Doesn't seem like it's going to drop past $20 and and three Plats is pretty tempting.

#96 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:47 PM

My haul:

Deponia $4.99
Chaos on Deponia $4.99
Psychonauts In The Rhombus Of Ruin $7.99
Risk of Rain $2.49
Tomb Raider® (PSOne Classic) $1.49
Tomb Raider: Underworld $1.49
Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins $2.99
VR Levels (Add-On Content) $0.00
Mega Man® Maverick Hunter® X $2.99

#97 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11549 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:26 PM

My haul:

Deponia $4.99
Chaos on Deponia $4.99
Psychonauts In The Rhombus Of Ruin $7.99
Risk of Rain $2.49
Tomb Raider® (PSOne Classic) $1.49
Tomb Raider: Underworld $1.49
Ultimate Ghosts 'N Goblins $2.99
VR Levels (Add-On Content) $0.00
Mega Man® Maverick Hunter® X $2.99

How does TR: Underworld hold up? Still having Rise of in the "to-be-purchased-and-played" backlog and Shadow of incoming, I fear I will never be able to play/enjoy Underworld even if I bought it.

#98 nitrosmob   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10116 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

I feel just for older games, you just have to try your best to put yourself around when it came out. Some games are just impossible to play regardless, such as older PC platform games. I can barely control myself and miss many, many platforms. 

#99 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1260 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2018 - 11:45 PM

How does TR: Underworld hold up? Still having Rise of in the "to-be-purchased-and-played" backlog and Shadow of incoming, I fear I will never be able to play/enjoy Underworld even if I bought it.

Too late to do you any good for the flash sale, but I’ll comment anyway just so you know for the future. It holds up just fine. I played it way after release on the 360 and liked it a lot. In my opinion, the ps3/360 era of games tend to hold up pretty well and this one is no exception. Keep in mind that it’s from the old series and not the reboot series, so it won’t feel the same as those games, but it’s not like the days of tank controls that’s for sure. Next time it goes on sale go ahead and buy it

#100 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7937 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2018 - 01:12 AM

Too late to do you any good for the flash sale, but I’ll comment anyway just so you know for the future. It holds up just fine. I played it way after release on the 360 and liked it a lot. In my opinion, the ps3/360 era of games tend to hold up pretty well and this one is no exception. Keep in mind that it’s from the old series and not the reboot series, so it won’t feel the same as those games, but it’s not like the days of tank controls that’s for sure. Next time it goes on sale go ahead and buy it

Thanks for the short review. For $1.49, it should have been a no-brainer for anyone who still owns and uses their PS3.

In other news, I'm still trying to figure out how to use a controller on the PC version of PixelJunk Shooter so I'm glad I bought the game on PS4 where I don't have to manually configure each button before playing the game. PCs are quite a pain in the ass sometimes. Don't tell the guys in the Steam/Humble Bundle/Fanatical threads I said so.