EXTRA25 code on Google Express - 25% off, max discount $100, expires 07/17

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
As stated in the title:

Use code "EXTRA25" at Google Express for 25% off your order. There is a max discount of $100, and it expires on July 17. Does not indicate if code is limited quantity, but better to get your order in sooner than later.

Your game availability depends on the stores that ship to your address, but I personally have Walmart and Target as options, and they carry a decent amount of games at MSRP/official sale prices. Probably better for hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Both Kirby and Skyrim are 50 before the coupon what should I get...
Difference experiences. Kirby is really short, like 5-6 hours for a first playthrough and that includes all the unlockable stages. But it is a different/new experience, relying on combinations of allies' powers to solve puzzles (I recommend turning off hints). There are some unlockable minigames and variants on the first campaign, but I would consider it to have little replayability. Skyrim, on the other hand, is the opposite experience with tons of content. But...it's Skyrim. You've probably already played it so it won't feel new, even if you try a different character since the core gameplay and progress is the same.

SNK Heroines was 25% off despite not coming out for months, apparently walmart.com thinks It's shipping this coming week. At least if the switch frame rate ends up still being ass I'll just return it unopened.

Difference experiences. Kirby is really short, like 5-6 hours for a first playthrough and that includes all the unlockable stages. But it is a different/new experience, relying on combinations of allies' powers to solve puzzles (I recommend turning off hints). There are some unlockable minigames and variants on the first campaign, but I would consider it to have little replayability. Skyrim, on the other hand, is the opposite experience with tons of content. But...it's Skyrim. You've probably already played it so it won't feel new, even if you try a different character since the core gameplay and progress is the same.
Yeah I know so different but both are a good price. I actually really haven't played Skyrim but I trust it to eventually hit 20$ but I'm not so sure about Kirby going that low even if it's not too well received.

I see Kirby at Target near. I think it varies by location.

Does this stack with other codes? I've got two $20 courtesy codes because Google Express messed up my last orders. (They kind of suck at this whole "home delivery of goods" thing.)

Thank you, it works on computer parts, but I can't decide which processor is the best.  I can buy I5 8600k for $203 w/tax, or I7 8600k for $298 w/tax.  Can someone have a good advice? 

Does this stack with other codes? I've got two $20 courtesy codes because Google Express messed up my last orders. (They kind of suck at this whole "home delivery of goods" thing.)
You can't combine promo codes. it's one per purchase, or transaction.

Bummer! But thanks for letting me know all the same. How does this affect free shipping? If you get a thirty five dollar item and the 25% coupon brings that total down, does it mean you won't get the free shipping from some retailers?

Thank you, it works on computer parts, but I can't decide which processor is the best. I can buy I5 8600k for $203 w/tax, or I7 8600k for $298 w/tax. Can someone have a good advice?
Do you mean i7 8700k?

It's really gonna depend on what you're planning to do, the extra threads on the i7 can be beneficial especially if you're doing encoding or plan to stream off the same pc that you're gaming on

what stop ppl from using multiple google accounts to take advantage of the code multiple times?

what stop ppl from using multiple google accounts to take advantage of the code multiple times?
The credit card. I used the same credit card in my account and my wife's and didn't approve the payment until I changed to other card, after that, worked just fine.

Thank you, it works on computer parts, but I can't decide which processor is the best. I can buy I5 8600k for $203 w/tax, or I7 8600k for $298 w/tax. Can someone have a good advice?
i5 is completely sufficient if you're mainly straight up gaming. i7 will future proof a bit longer if you have the extra cash but you won't notice much difference now unless you're streaming, encoding video and things like that. My i5-8600k can overclock to 5GHz with my AIO although I keep it at 4.6GHz for temp purposes because I just feel better with the extra temp headroom than running it near max. So although the i7 has a higher base/boost clock out of the box, they're going to be about the same if you overclock them (it caps around 5GHz as well).

Don't forget that Coffee Lake requires a new Z370 board.

Switches seem to be all gone, either sold out or pulled.

Any specific game deals anyone noticed on Google Express, there tends to be usually one or two floating around. I was hoping Battle Chaser for Switch would be on sale like before, but sadly, it is not. 

Anyone find anything worth looking for? 

They were going to charge me freaking $21+ in taxes (~10.2%) on an order I was going to place that was $210. Not even close to what my state sales tax is,and somebody on Slickdeals said sales tax is taken on the prediscount price (though I didn't even input the code to see if true, as I just bought my stuff directly from the seller at that point).

Edit:
So tax is adjusted to my state sales tax? What if I buy something from Fry's, which isn't in my state and doesn't charge tax when I buy directly through them, does Google adjust tax to $0 or just back to my state sales tax?

The Switch is showing for me now so I guess it's a question of local stock?  Maybe?  Anyway, it's not an intentional "Let's not offer the Switch" thing.

They were going to charge me freaking $21+ in taxes (~10.2%) on an order I was going to place that was $210. Not even close to what my state sales tax is,and somebody on Slickdeals said sales tax is taken on the prediscount price (though I didn't even input the code to see if true, as I just bought my stuff directly from the seller at that point).

Edit:
So tax is adjusted to my state sales tax? What if I buy something from Fry's, which isn't in my state and doesn't charge tax when I buy directly through them, does Google adjust tax to $0 or just back to my state sales tax?
Get used to paying tax, things are going to change real soon.

Google will adjust the tax later. Back when they had eShop cards, Google Express would show estimated tax, but it would adjust later to $0
Their FAQ states that tax is charged based on where the item ships. Nothing about adjustment. :/

I'm fine paying tax - in fact, I pay use tax every year - but I'd like them to use my tax rate. Maybe I'll give it a try if they adjust accordingly.

Their FAQ states that tax is charged based on where the item ships. Nothing about adjustment. :/

I'm fine paying tax - in fact, I pay use tax every year - but I'd like them to use my tax rate. Maybe I'll give it a try if they adjust accordingly.
I meant that Google Express shows tax on pre-discount price and has always adjusted for me to post-discount price when shipped.

The combination of not being able to use Target gift cards and not wanting to give Google any money did this in for me.  I could bite the bullet for one or the other but not both.

My opinion is that a PC always needs an i7.
Maybe not always for gaming but that’s why it’s a PC

Tried to use this deal but my order was canceled (Out of Stock). What are the odds my local Target will honor it in store?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The combination of not being able to use Target gift cards and not wanting to give Google any money did this in for me. I could bite the bullet for one or the other but not both.
you're actually taking money from google, they're the ones paying the discount to the retailer

I used it on a new entertainment center with room for a tv I've been planning on getting, and it's shipped already.

Also of note: free shipping for items as low as $15. Some exclusions apply, but the bigger stores like Target and Wal-Mart are doing it.

Edit:
Yes, I can confirm that tax was adjusted to my state sales tax. Based on tracking info it looked like the product was shipped from local source.

As for your 2nd question, no clue.

Wasn't sure I wanted to buy a Switch, but at $225 (no tax), I ordered one anyways.  Too good of a deal for me to pass up.

Not really sure why the tax was being applied BEFORE the coupon which seems shady to me.  

But I was able to grab one yesterday.   Nice deal OP.  

Not really sure why the tax was being applied BEFORE the coupon which seems shady to me.
Probably because, to Target, they're selling it at full price. Google is just slipping you 25% to help pay for it. So Target still has to charge the full legal amount of sales tax.

bread's done
Back