• :xb1: :ps4: Madden NFL 19 $59.99
  • :xb1: :ps4: We Happy Few $59.99
  • :xb1: :ps4: We Happy Few Deluxe Edition $79.99
Game Deals:

• :xb1: :ps4: Grand Theft Auto V Premium Online Edition $29.99 Save $30
  • :xb1: :ps4: The Crew 2 $39.99 Save $20
Everything Else:

• Xbox One X PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds 1TB Console $499.99
  • Save $10 on an Xbox One Wireless Controller with purchase of an Xbox Console
  • Buy 3 Months of Xbox Live and get a Madden Starter Pack
  • Save $10 on 12-Months of PlayStation Plus with purchase of a PlayStation 4 Console
  • Trade in Madden NFL 18 and receive a $10 coupon towards Madden NFL 19 (https://www.bestbuy....cat748302046646) Good through 8/9. Coupon valid through 8/19
  • Save 25% on KontrolFreek Thumbsticks when you buy a controller or video game
  • Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Wireless Headset $129.99 Save $20
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• The Death of Superman $17.99 Save $2
  • The Death of Superman with Only @ BB Graphic Novel $22.99 Save $2
  • The Death of Superman 4K $27.99
  • Breaking In $19.99 Save $5
  • Life of the Party $22.99 Save $2
  • Predator 4K $29.99
  • Predator Trilogy 4K $46.99 Save $3
  • Marrowbone $12.99 Save $2
  • Marrowbone 4K $17.99 Save $2

Last edited by a moderator:
What the shit is these happy few?  Playstation Store has had it on there for what seems like a year for purchase/preorder whatever.  So this is saying it's actually coming out?  

Any recommendations on a PSVR? I really want one all of a sudden but probably feel like it's because I have disposable income.

What the shit is these happy few? Playstation Store has had it on there for what seems like a year for purchase/preorder whatever. So this is saying it's actually coming out?
Finally leaving early access, hopefully with the full promised story instead of the bullshit survival they debuted as.

And PSVR was just on sale, wait for the next one.

Any recommendations on a PSVR? I really want one all of a sudden but probably feel like it's because I have disposable income.
It’s fantastic and well worth getting. That being said, there have been some pretty deep discounts lately and you’re probably better off sticking the money in savings until the next big sale on it. I assume you’d probably be mad at yourself if it went on sale for like $75-100 off after you already bought it? If not, go ahead and jump in now

Finally leaving early access, hopefully with the full promised story instead of the bullshit survival they debuted as.

And PSVR was just on sale, wait for the next one.
I got it in Early Access and they did already add some of those story elements to it a while back, as well as really toning down the survival stuff.

I think it'll be pretty good, but I haven't checked on it in a while because I wanted to see everything when it fully releases. Not a fan of how when Gearbox came into the fold they jacked up the price, though.

Free game up to $59.99 with any Xbox console...Been looking for a deal towards a One X and I'm guessing this is about as good an incentive for it we're going to see at BB for awhile? (unless I missed a previous offer).

I wouldn't expect any deep discounts on the X until holiday. They obviously priced it at $500 to not lose money even though everyone was insisting that $400 would be the sweet spot.

Starting to think we won't be seeing any actual sales until the holidays.
Looking like it. Was really hoping to see Detroit sub-40 by now. Also keeping an eye on stuff like Vampyr and Sushi Striker, but they've been stubborn thus far. The black Friday list grows.

Free game up to $59.99 with any Xbox console...Been looking for a deal towards a One X and I'm guessing this is about as good an incentive for it we're going to see at BB for awhile? (unless I missed a previous offer).
If you waited this long, what's another 3 months or so to see what BF has to offer?

I believe that, but $10 more? Pressing a Blu-ray film costs about $2. I imagine a game is similar or more expensive. I doubt it costs $12 to manufacture a single cartridge.
You can sit on your ass on your couch and play it on your tv and you can sit on your ass on a bus or a plane or a train or a rickshaw and play it. That's worth $10 more each time. You certainly shouldn't deny yourself that experience.

If you waited this long, what's another 3 months or so to see what BF has to offer?
Yeah I guess so. Don't think there were any One X BF deals last year...only for the S. Not a surprise, since it was brand new. But with it being one year older, maybe this time. Gonna dive in at some point.

Yeah I guess so. Don't think there were any One X BF deals last year...only for the S. Not a surprise, since it was brand new. But with it being one year older, maybe this time. Gonna dive in at some point.
During E3 it was $450. Can't imagine it won't be at least that as well. I'd love if it was $100 off. Not for myself but others who want one. Got my PSE console at launch.

Any links to the full ad? Looking for other deals
Wont see it yet, that rarely leaks early.

Just as a side note.. had to go into BB tonight to pick up an order for my parents (long story)
Anyway... while waiting i asked the clerk about GCU and if he heard if BB will be replacing it.. he was a gamer and was bummed about it going away also.
He has heard nothing.. the only thing they ever heard about it was the day BB killed it, that memo that was leaked. He has seen nothing after that. Sucks.

Take it as-is, could mean nothing.

Anyway, back to the N tax bitching.

Wont see it yet, that rarely leaks early.

Just as a side note.. had to go into BB tonight to pick up an order for my parents (long story)
Anyway... while waiting i asked the clerk about GCU and if he heard if BB will be replacing it.. he was a gamer and was bummed about it going away also.
He has heard nothing.. the only thing they ever heard about it was the day BB killed it, that memo that was leaked. He has seen nothing after that. Sucks.

Take it as-is, could mean nothing.

Anyway, back to the N tax bitching.
That was announced like a month or two ago.

Why is Overcooked 2 on the Switch $10 more?
The kicker is that it's $15 more than the eShop price.

I don’t trust the switch version after the first one had issues not present the pc/PS4 version.
The issues were patched pretty early on. I've enjoyed Overcooked 1 without any major issues post-patch.

I believe that, but $10 more? Pressing a Blu-ray film costs about $2. I imagine a game is similar or more expensive. I doubt it costs $12 to manufacture a single cartridge.
It's the combination of licensing, manufacturing, and packaging costs that Nintendo charges to third-party publishers (http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/feature_exploring_the_switch_tax_and_why_nintendo_was_right_to_use_game_cards). Nintendo argues that higher capacity carts do cost more, so unfortunately, the Switch tax is real.

What the shit is these happy few? Playstation Store has had it on there for what seems like a year for purchase/preorder whatever. So this is saying it's actually coming out?
Yeah I’ve seen this game advertised on places like it’s jusr around the corner for the last year or so

Pretty big clearance drops on Lego Dimensions and some games.  https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&browsedCategory=pcmcat1487698928729&id=pcat17071&iht=n&ks=960&list=y&qp=currentoffers_facet%3DCurrent%20Deals~Clearance&sc=Global&sp=%2Bcurrentprice%20skuidsaas&st=categoryid%24pcmcat1487698928729&type=page&usc=All%20Categories

Of note:  Gears Ultimate, Recore, WWE 2K18 Cena Nuff, Xcom 2, Skyrim with the Best Buy exclusive mask, some more for your browsing pleasure. A few Vita games in there as well.

Pretty big clearance drops on Lego Dimensions and some games. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&browsedCategory=pcmcat1487698928729&id=pcat17071&iht=n&ks=960&list=y&qp=currentoffers_facet%3DCurrent%20Deals~Clearance&sc=Global&sp=%2Bcurrentprice%20skuidsaas&st=categoryid%24pcmcat1487698928729&type=page&usc=All%20Categories

Of note: Gears Ultimate, Recore, WWE 2K18 Cena Nuff, Xcom 2, Skyrim with the Best Buy exclusive mask, some more for your browsing pleasure. A few Vita games in there as well.
Dang. Must've just missed that Cnuff edition. Would've been a great score at about $32

Waited too long on the $8 Xcom2 couldn't make myself pay $4 for shipping. Ended up with Recore and Skyrim Dragon born bundle for $14.84 after tax not bad.

Lucked out and got XCom 2 (PS4) for $7.99 after GCU.  I missed out on it the first time it was on clearance many months ago, but I don't believe it got below $14.99 back then.

Some of the new clearance stuff had been sold out well before the price dropped.  For example Musynx (Switch) had been sold out since release and as far as I know never came back in stock.  Will be something to keep an eye on when the standard editions start coming into stores (the launch edition has a limited alternate cover, which is why it sold out).  If Best Buy carries the standard edition they may be lazy and use the $14.99 clearance listing to put it up for sale.

What the hell is Best buy doing. The Cena Nuff goes down to $37 and they still have the Hitman collector's edition for $133.

This is so weird, they're listing PS3 soccer games from 2011. Must be a warehouse clearout.

Actually need to call and get a PM on The Crew since it’s within the 45 days as a Elite Plus member.

You can sit on your ass on your couch and play it on your tv and you can sit on your ass on a bus or a plane or a train or a rickshaw and play it. That's worth $10 more each time. You certainly shouldn't deny yourself that experience.
Sure, but at the expense of stability. I bought Pixeljunk Monsters 2 for Switch for that reason (same price BTW, as the grand majority of other cross platform games, so justifications for Overcooked are moot) but regretted it after trying the ps4 version's demo - the switch version on my TV literally made me nauseas at times because of the low framerate and, even worse, sporadic frame drops. Add in a second player (same screen! No split!) and watch it decrease even more.

We need to stop pretending every cross plat game on switch is "the same, but you get to play it on a plane!" Wolfenstein and Doom at 30 fps are not Wolfenstein and Doom, IMO. There are concessions that hav to be made for Switch versions, and that should also be taken into account she considering price.

Sure, but at the expense of stability. I bought Pixeljunk Monsters 2 for Switch for that reason (same price BTW, as the grand majority of other cross platform games, so justifications for Overcooked are moot) but regretted it after trying the ps4 version's demo - the switch version on my TV literally made me nauseas at times because of the low framerate and, even worse, sporadic frame drops. Add in a second player (same screen! No split!) and watch it decrease even more.

We need to stop pretending every cross plat game on switch is "the same, but you get to play it on a plane!" Wolfenstein and Doom at 30 fps are not Wolfenstein and Doom, IMO. There are concessions that hav to be made for Switch versions, and that should also be taken into account she considering price.
I was deadpanning. I thought the rickshaw reference would be the clue to that. Can you imagine Newman playing on the Switch while Kramer pulls him? Mind your pace, boy, I'm trying to play some Mario Kart. :lol:

From insider reports on gaf and reset era, it seems like a switch cart costs 60% more to make for a developer than a blu ray based game in terms of cart vs disc.

It’s rom memory I believe which costs a lot more per gigabyte than blu Ray. It’s not great but that’s the main hybrid console compromise

Took the free game deal out of the OP. It was listed on the promos for this week but it seems they never activated it. Target has the same deal so it was probably supposed to be a universal deal across multiple stores. :whistle2:k

Took the free game deal out of the OP. It was listed on the promos for this week but it seems they never activated it. Target has the same deal so it was probably supposed to be a universal deal across multiple stores. :whistle2:k
What are the odds Target would throw in a free game if I tried to ask in-store after getting the $193 Xbone X last month?

What are the odds Target would throw in a free game if I tried to ask in-store after getting the $193 Xbone X last month?
Zero. https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence

Exclusions:

• Pricing due to typographical errors, competitor doorbusters/lightning sales (including Amazon Prime Exclusive offers), coupon offers, promotional codes, credit card offers, gift card offers, financing, service offers, bundled offers, sales tax promotions, free items, rebates or mail-in offers.

If anyone uses swagbucks there is a best buy QR Code you can get and scan in the store for this week. If you buy anything in the ad online or in-store you get 2 swagbucks per $1 spent. Also a 500 Swagbuck bonus if you spend $50 or more online via the weekly ad or  in-store using the QR Code. I plan on using it in-store when I pick up Madden.

Look for the Best buy banner at the top of the website.

WTF? Bestbuy shut down their Mall of America location yesterday? that was my go-to store since the next store over at Richfield sucks big time, they mess up my store pick up orders every single time... Damn, first GCU and now this? what the hell!  :bomb:   (I guess it's been know since end of may but aint nobody got time for that!) /endrant

WTF? Bestbuy shut down their Mall of America location yesterday? that was my go-to store since the next store over at Richfield sucks big time, they mess up my store pick up orders every single time... Damn, first GCU and now this? what the hell! :bomb: (I guess it's been know since end of may but aint nobody got time for that!) /endrant
I heard a rumor that Mall of America was shutting down entirely so maybe that’s why?

bread's done
Back