Notification issues

EvilutionDesigns

CAGiversary!
When someone likes or quotes a post I make, I see the number next to the notification area of the top bar. When I try to click on this to see what the notification is it never loads. I've tried on multiple devices and browsers. 

I can open the notification area in a new tab to view my notifications, but the pop-up doesn't work for me any more. 

Anyone have a solution to this? 

When someone likes or quotes a post I make, I see the number next to the notification area of the top bar. When I try to click on this to see what the notification is it never loads. I've tried on multiple devices and browsers.

I can open the notification area in a new tab to view my notifications, but the pop-up doesn't work for me any more.

Anyone have a solution to this?
A month later than you and I'm now having this issue too. The Notification number is there, but clicking it just shows endless loading. I logged out, then back in and nothing. Don't know what else to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still having the issue intermittently. It happens at work on my desktop, at home on my desktop and macbook, and on my phone connected to wifi or 4g. 

I can't figure out what's causing the issue and the only solution I've found so far is to right click that notification button and then click open in new tab. Then I have to select all new notifications and delete them. A few days later I'll get another instance of the notification dropdown hanging up and have to manually clear the notifications. 

I'm still having the issue intermittently. It happens at work on my desktop, at home on my desktop and macbook, and on my phone connected to wifi or 4g.

I can't figure out what's causing the issue and the only solution I've found so far is to right click that notification button and then click open in new tab. Then I have to select all new notifications and delete them. A few days later I'll get another instance of the notification dropdown hanging up and have to manually clear the notifications.
Yeah, everything I've signed into CAG on does the same thing. The right clicking works, except on phones which is where I spend most of my time checking these forums. Hopefully it's a minor server side thing that'll be resolved sooner than later.

If you're on an iphone just long press that notification and it'll open a menu where you can open in new tab. I'm not familiar with android but I'm sure they have a similar feature. 

This is now happening for me as well. Tried server refresh, clearing all my notifications, still keeps spinning. Guess there's a memory limit to the messaging system that's been reached?

This will be completely fixed when they migrate this site to xenForo 2.0. Both Browser notifications, and MOBILE notifications. Yep.

So, just calm down, and be patient. :D

hi

in my cp i put that option on, but i havent yet got any notification-mails when there were new answers on my postings.
am i the only one who misses this? :whistle2:

bread's done
Back