- - - - -

Amazon Prime Now: Spend $10 on 7up & Get $20 PSN code

#31 Renzler   Dude CAG Veteran   1406 Posts   Joined 0.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:03 AM

For any one that ordered, did you add a tip?

I'm very conflicted about tipping on Amazon prime now. I read an article a while back about how some gig economy companies will use the tip to cover the salary, but perhaps that was before companies got in trouble for doing that.

#32 RiPPn  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:07 AM

I didn't tip and I went and exchanged the Dr Pepper at the local super market for better soda.

#33 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2318 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:14 AM

I tipped. Amazon suggested $5 but that's almost a 50% tip! I lowered it to $3 but had Prime Now rewards to make shipping free. $15 for two 12-packs of soda is a ripoff when the grocery stores have 4 for $10-12 sales all the time, but $15 for two 12-packs and $20 PSN is a great deal. Thanks.

#34 tonyvx  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 04:42 AM

Someone is driving to my house to bring me stuff, so I tip - same as any other delivery person. Key as a cheap ass for me is to order enough to justify the extra 5 bucks.

#35 TheodorusMajorus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   184 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

TheodorusMajorus

Posted 22 October 2018 - 05:16 AM

I don't drink soda. Thinking about handing the drinks back to the guy as the tip...

#36 Indiana Jones   Yippie kai yay! CAGiversary!   2318 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Indiana Jones

Posted 22 October 2018 - 06:04 AM

"Only one offer per customer will apply for the duration of the promotion period."

You think a second account that's linked to my Prime account and has the same address would work or not?

#37 thenadz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   267 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 01:56 PM

I tipped them $2. Hey, it's better than nothing

#38 blacktrinary   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   263 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

blacktrinary

Posted 22 October 2018 - 03:17 PM

Yes. Although I'm cheap ass gamer/person, I still tip for the delivery service. And getting soda and extra psn credits are enough to justify the whole deal :D

#39 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   4999 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 October 2018 - 08:07 PM

Solid deal, don’t need soda but with a few dog treats, tp and $1 Halloween candy thrown in, it made sense to order.

#40 tonyvx  

Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:34 AM

"Only one offer per customer will apply for the duration of the promotion period."

You think a second account that's linked to my Prime account and has the same address would work or not?

Guinea pigged this one - no dice. Got code immediately for first order, still nothing for the second.

EDIT: see below

#41 tonyvx  

Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:59 PM

Follow up - apparently this promotion has been running for over a month, as I accidentally met the requirements and received a code a month ago that I did not notice until now. 

Whoops.

#42 vantheman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1271 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 October 2018 - 11:33 PM

Follow up - apparently this promotion has been running for over a month, as I accidentally met the requirements and received a code a month ago that I did not notice until now. 

Whoops.

Damn you must really like Dr. Pepper lol

#43 tonyvx  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 02:55 AM

Damn you must really like Dr. Pepper lol

I'm doing a private investigation into the 23 different flavors. I think cherry is one

#44 CErb1987  

CErb1987

Posted 24 October 2018 - 05:01 AM

I'm very conflicted about tipping on Amazon prime now. I read an article a while back about how some gig economy companies will use the tip to cover the salary, but perhaps that was before companies got in trouble for doing that.

So I've put this somewhere before, but, a refresher is always good. Amazon prime now drivers made(6 months ago)/make 18 dollars an hour(this could have risen when amazon changed all normal employee rates to 15 an hour. They use their own vehicles, they pay for all their gas, insurance, etc. None of this gets reimbursed by Amazon. They are hired as contractors.

I understand the trepidation, Amazon is very good about the tips being paid out though. I however refuse to tip in the app or on the browser. You want to make sure the driver gets the tip? Cash is king.

#45 Navex   The Media Jerk CAGiversary!   1185 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:08 PM

There's no way in hell I tip if anyone makes minimum wage or more. It has nothing to do with being cheap - you're doing your job just like everyone else in this country. "Providing service for you"? It's your damn job, no shit that's you're paid to do. In any other country tipping has not changed, it's something you'd do if someone goes above and beyond. Only America has ruined this concept by instilling lax pay laws for servers and whatnot which employers take full advantage of as that's money they save by passing along the expense to their customers who are expected to tip. If they really make 18 an hour anyone would be insane to tip them.

#46 BryanDGAF   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1140 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:42 PM

There's no way in hell I tip if anyone makes minimum wage or more. It has nothing to do with being cheap - you're doing your job just like everyone else in this country. "Providing service for you"? It's your damn job, no shit that's you're paid to do. In any other country tipping has not changed, it's something you'd do if someone goes above and beyond. Only America has ruined this concept by instilling lax pay laws for servers and whatnot which employers take full advantage of as that's money they save by passing along the expense to their customers who are expected to tip. If they really make 18 an hour anyone would be insane to tip them.

ReservoirDogsMrPink.webm

#47 CErb1987  

CErb1987

Posted 24 October 2018 - 09:42 PM

Because once you take in all the expenses they incur they get paid less than minimum wage.

#48 Ultraslick  

Ultraslick

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:35 AM

Thanks OP, I tried this the other day and it worked well.
Slight overpay for the soda- but worth it for the $20 code.

#49 NickNude  

NickNude

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:34 AM

Practically all companies pay a base less then minimum wage to servers and such, and the tips are what covers the difference to even it out.

#50 Bleedingwickedly   CAG CAGiversary!   2754 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:05 PM

Practically all companies pay a base less then minimum wage to servers and such, and the tips are what covers the difference to even it out.

As someone that cooks in a high volume restaurant, our servers only get “paid” $2.15/hr. And by the time they get that check, all of that money goes towards their taxes. Most time they only receive a pay stub that reads “This is not a check”.

#51 Axl21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 31 October 2018 - 01:35 AM

I don't understand how people are paying less than 15$ for this thing, unless they are using Amazon Fresh. For me, 2 boxes of 12 cans is $10.98, tax is $1.42, bottle deposit fee is $1.20, and the lowest amount to pay for delivery is $4.99. That amounts to $18.59 and that's without tip.

Not really much of a deal for me, since I don't really like 7up.

#52 tonyvx  

Posted 31 October 2018 - 04:54 AM

I don't understand how people are paying less than 15$ for this thing, unless they are using Amazon Fresh. For me, 2 boxes of 12 cans is $10.98, tax is $1.42, bottle deposit fee is $1.20, and the lowest amount to pay for delivery is $4.99. That amounts to $18.59 and that's without tip.

Not really much of a deal for me, since I don't really like 7up.

A lot of us have PrimeNow promo credits from No-Rush shipping, alternatively you could also just order some other random stuff you need to get the free shipping minimum.