- - - - -

Xbox One X x/ Red Dead Redemption 2 + Fallout 76 $460+Tax @ GameStop

xbox x1x red dead redemption 2 fallout 76

#61 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1751 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:30 PM

Id like to get the X, someday.. but as much as i play on xbox (rarely) its just not worth the price. That $500 price tag...
just dropped $1200 on other “toys” this month, and ill be using them a lot more than the xbox.

I was a diehard xbox guy (original) and pretty much quit and went back to sony with the ps3/4. Only stuff i really buy for xbox now is exclusives or deep deep sale stuff.
Love the elite controller i picked up, but battery life is horrible... and even a new battery pack seems to disconnect from the xbox (4 feet away) at about 50%. Hit the xbox logo again and it connects and works again.

When the X drops around bf, i will most likely look into getting it.

Maybe try updating the controller firmware, it's in the controller options (yeah, I know, it is a thing in this day and age).  Be sure to do that for all of your controllers.  They fixed a disconnect issue a few years back and it is a lot better now, maybe yours is just out of date and it will help.  I do know they added some features for the Elite you had to update to get when it came out.  I love the Elite controller, it is part of the reason why I often lean towards the XB1 version of games even though I have a PS4 Pro vs. my XB1 S.  The battery life of the official battery packs (don't use third party, they suck) in an Elite should be significantly longer than a corresponding PS4 controller charge (which has a built in battery) - you should be getting well over 10 hours.

#62 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Four Roses Single Barrel CAGiversary!   2132 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

I have, im thinking its the battery and not the wireless on the controller.
But i have put in a brand new ms battery and it does it but not as bad. I can maybe play 2 hours per charge.

#63 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1751 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:35 PM

I have, im thinking its the battery and not the wireless on the controller.
But i have put in a brand new ms battery and it does it but not as bad. I can maybe play 2 hours per charge.

That's a problem.  Might be time to contact Microsoft support.  You should be getting much, much more than that.