* - - - - 3 votes

Target "Early Access" Black Friday Ad

#31 ritchardf  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:43 PM

You mean the pages plastered with “Nov 1 Only!”

mind blowing that the black friday ad prices dont start til black friday.

#32 ThatOneGuyWho   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6812 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

ThatOneGuyWho

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:45 PM

Less games than previous years. Odd to see such a small page of games but maybe they'll have hidden deals.

#33 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   13117 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:46 PM

Less games than previous years. Odd to see such a small page of games but maybe they'll have hidden deals.

Well it kind of goes with the recent trend of shrinking media size chainwide over the last year.  I think this may be the first year where they don't advertise CDs either (think I saw vinyl but not CDs though it was a quick glance and I could be wrong).

#34 purbeast   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   708 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:49 PM

Man anyone with a PS4 and not PSVR needs to be all over the $250 PSVR deal.  I have a feeling that is going to be a deal everywhere on BF.

I paid $350 for it with Skyrim last year and that was a deal.  And I haven't even opened Skyrim and don't plan on it lol, I just wanted the V2 version if I was going to be getting one.

#35 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:52 PM

Man anyone with a PS4 and not PSVR needs to be all over the $250 PSVR deal.  I have a feeling that is going to be a deal everywhere on BF.

I paid $350 for it with Skyrim last year and that was a deal.  And I haven't even opened Skyrim and don't plan on it lol, I just wanted the V2 version if I was going to be getting one.

Yeah, that's a great price. I wish I would have waited, but I just had to be an early adopter!. I'd definitely upgrade if I could sell mine for a decent price. I may ask some friends if they want to buy it so I can get the V2, I'll even give them Astro Bot since I have a copy already!

#36 c.gibbits   Back to the roots. CAGiversary!   276 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

c.gibbits

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:56 PM

So to be clear those prices for videos games are live on Black Friday only? Not today?

#37 Davivascaino   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1619 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Davivascaino

Posted 01 November 2018 - 02:58 PM

Best Buy won't give you the GCU discount with price matches. 

I am talking about matching the AD, andput out same prices. 

#38 dualrec  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:15 PM

Any chance Best Buy will match the free Mario Kart with a switch console?

#39 FlawlesslyFatal   $15 or less CAGiversary!   1757 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

FlawlesslyFatal

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:39 PM

Does anybody know how much the AC: Origins Gold Edition for ps4 was in-store at Best Buy? It's been a year and online it's still priced as $104.99. Was the price cheaper in store? I want to buy it and Best Buy's the last place that has it but I'm not willing to shell out $100 for it. Also, does anybody think Target will honor the $29.99 price for Shadow of the Tomb Raider to include the Steelbook Edition?

None near me, but I can tell you clearance in-store drops earlier than online. I saw Bravely Second stickered with lower price than online's, and within a week, online lower the price to match it as well.

If Steelbook edition has the same dpci as the regular case version, price will automatically applies.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

#40 RabbiHick  

RabbiHick

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:44 PM

Any chance Best Buy will match the free Mario Kart with a switch console?

Probably. The hardware bundles will be pretty standard across the retailers (for example the spiderman ps4 bundle already confirmed at multiple spots)

#41 dualrec  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:47 PM

I meant as a pricematch today. But you're probably right about their personal sale

#42 ritchardf  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:49 PM

I meant as a pricematch today. But you're probably right about their personal sale

in that case, pretty much no chance. bundled offers, % off and buy x get x generally best buy wont price match

#43 Metal Militia   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   686 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Metal Militia

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:50 PM

Can anybody make out the $25 Xbox game and the $35 Switch game that just shows just the spine? Thanks

Guest_ElvisTheGreat_*

Posted 01 November 2018 - 03:57 PM

Can anybody make out the $25 Xbox game and the $35 Switch game that just shows just the spine? Thanks

Not sure about Switch. Xbox looks like Assassins Creed

#45 BushidoRX   A wandering ronin CAG in Training   9 Posts   Joined 2.5 Years Ago  

BushidoRX

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:04 PM

I did a zoom in an edit looks like Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate. The Capcom logo is also on the bottom of the spine.

#46 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:10 PM

I'm assuming these prices on the movies and games stack with the current buy 2, get 1 free deal. Right?

#47 aircobra   The Wind CAGiversary!   3548 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:18 PM

I'm assuming these prices on the movies and games stack with the current buy 2, get 1 free deal. Right?

Why would you assume games on sale during BF would stack with a current B2G1 sale?

#48 Ekim000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:19 PM

Wait, so is this some combo BF ad + pre-BF? I see the Early Access Nov 1, but the front page also has "doors open at 5PM Thursday". That must mean Thanksgiving, not today, right? Are the Doorbusters referring to Thanksgiving or today? Deals aside, what a terribly formatted ad. Who the hell at Target HQ thought this was a good idea to print?

Has anyone gone to Target yet and seen whether any prices are live?

#49 ritchardf  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:22 PM

Wait, so is this some combo BF ad + pre-BF? I see the Early Access Nov 1, but the front page also has "doors open at 5PM Thursday". That must mean Thanksgiving, not today, right? Are the Doorbusters referring to Thanksgiving or today? Deals aside, what a terribly formatted ad. Who the hell at Target HQ thought this was a good idea to print?

Has anyone gone to Target yet and seen whether any prices are live?

pages 2-6 are live now, today only. the rest of the ad is a black friday preview. if you go to target.com it actually explains it better, but direct links to the ad dont show it very well.

#50 Ekim000   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   521 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:30 PM

pages 2-6 are live now, today only. the rest of the ad is a black friday preview. if you go to target.com it actually explains it better, but direct links to the ad dont show it very well.

Ah. Thanks for the clarification. I get it now. That ad layout is still bananas.

#51 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3783 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:41 PM

Fapfapfapfap

#52 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:45 PM

I might bite on Soul Calibur 6, would be fun to play as Geralt and 2B. 

Will nab FighterZ for the Switch if that version is on sale too.

Otherwise, maybe Detroit; Lego Incredibles; and Wolfenstein 2.

#53 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   7842 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:49 PM

Why would you assume games on sale during BF would stack with a current B2G1 sale?

Because I mistakenly thought Target would honor the entire ad today instead of just the first six pages. Of course, I could always go to customer service to bitch until I get them to stack it and then turn over one of the gift card racks after I get denied. I know what I'm doing after work! ;)

#54 Raye   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   897 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 04:52 PM

How’s Target have any Switches left after their glitch a few months ago?

#55 abbabaab   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   2018 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 05:21 PM

I would pay $40 just for that arwing.

#56 Sigma   King of Strong Style CAGiversary!   4425 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2018 - 06:08 PM

I would pay $40 just for that arwing.

Pretty much the main reason I want it too. $40 is a great price, hoping to get one for that price come Black Friday. 

#57 FlyingMonkey9   Genetically Modified CAG CAGiversary!   4137 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

FlyingMonkey9

Posted 01 November 2018 - 10:42 PM

My soul burns for soul caliber 6 complete edition.

#58 Moonbathing  

Moonbathing

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:03 PM

Unbelievable!  52 pages of ads and not one laptop deal aside from some shitty Chromebook.  Color me disappointed.

#59 Finger_Shocker  

Finger_Shocker

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:13 PM

How’s Target have any Switches left after their glitch a few months ago?

wait I missed that , what was the glitch??

#60 Loose Rattled Gamer   Banned Banned   609 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 01 November 2018 - 11:42 PM

Going to buy all kinds of shit that I don’t need

So fucking pumped :beer:

***shoots silenced mp5 clip through ceiling tiles***