Target "Early Access" Black Friday Ad

pages 2-6 are live now, today only. the rest of the ad is a black friday preview. if you go to target.com it actually explains it better, but direct links to the ad dont show it very well.
Ah. Thanks for the clarification. I get it now. That ad layout is still bananas.

I might bite on Soul Calibur 6, would be fun to play as Geralt and 2B. 

Will nab FighterZ for the Switch if that version is on sale too.

Otherwise, maybe Detroit; Lego Incredibles; and Wolfenstein 2.

Why would you assume games on sale during BF would stack with a current B2G1 sale?
Because I mistakenly thought Target would honor the entire ad today instead of just the first six pages. Of course, I could always go to customer service to bitch until I get them to stack it and then turn over one of the gift card racks after I get denied. I know what I'm doing after work! ;)

Seriously InstaPots are the bomb diggity. I have one and it changes cooking completely. I eat very clean and healthy and cooking frozen chicken from completely frozen, not to mention 5 lbs of it to where it falls apart, in about 45 min is epic.

The PS4/Xbox game sales are usually the exact same on BF across Target, BB, Walmart and Gamestop, so those GOW/Detroit deals should be everywhere.

That Switch deal isn't much. Mario Kart is 45 on BB and 36 with GCU so not huge savings. PS4 is a much better deal and includes a new game not a port from last gen. Though I would never buy a regular PS4 after having a Pro for 2 years.

It's a fantastic deal for the PS4 with a game that I am completely engrained into, in Spider-Man. What an amazing game. Currently at 37% done with the story and am diligently working to finish it. Just picked it up this last weekend too and for me that's saying something that I am finished it at this pace. Might be my GOTY so far, ugh but God of War was so good too.

Haven't played RDR II yet but it's sitting there for me to play after the completion of Spider-Man.

To anyone who doesn't have a PS4 yet and has the ability, affordability wise, this really is quite possibly the system with the deepest library of quality exclusives ever. Plus one of the best times to get an amazing buy on some of the best games this generation has to offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, that's a great price. I wish I would have waited, but I just had to be an early adopter!. I'd definitely upgrade if I could sell mine for a decent price. I may ask some friends if they want to buy it so I can get the V2, I'll even give them Astro Bot since I have a copy already!

LOL at PS VR. That's failed technology like PS move.

I'm getting a PS4 bundle to gift someone for Christmas and keep spiderman for myself.

mario-kart-8-deluxe-bundle-1.jpg
mario-maker-bundle.jpg

I tought ps vr was selling well. I dont think a fail. I dont have one but I'm just saying I tought it was doing well.

Debating making new purchases and returning with old receipts. Then buying the games on BF and returning those with the 2nd purchases... Feeling like fuck it tbh. It was money already spent. Oh well!

I used to hate on VR.....then I got a PSVR and damn was I wrong.
Same. VR nowadays is damn good. Sure it was gimmicky two years ago. But VR has picked up and good games have been coming out recently that make VR an amazing experience.

Same. VR nowadays is damn good. Sure it was gimmicky two years ago. But VR has picked up and good games have been coming out recently that make VR an amazing experience.
its still a gimmick.

ThatOneGuyWho, on 01 Nov 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

Not that I'm a fan of VR but it is doing very well right now. Sony announced some months ago that they sold 3 million VR units and 21 million games since launching 2 years ago. https://blog.us.play...r-systems-sold/

That's just Sony too. You still have VIVE, Oculus, Gear VR, etc. that also have great sales.

It's nowhere near "failed technology".
All of that VR failed. You find them in stacks in clearance and at flea markets. I wouldn't want one if it was for free. Maybe just to list on ebay.

Playstation move had 15 million units shipped and it's well acknowledged that it did not reach its target audience and did not have the targeted software support.

Pretty much how VR is. It's not well received and because of that it's getting no software support other then Sony.

And the price is a whole other factor. It cost as much as a PS4. That was going to fail from the start. Most people will end up with just the PS4 not both. Will little sales it will have no developers supporting it.

All of that VR failed. You find them in stacks in clearance and at flea markets. I wouldn't want one if it was for free. Maybe just to list on ebay.

Playstation move had 15 million units shipped and it's well acknowledged that it did not reach its target audience and did not have the targeted software support.

Pretty much how VR is. It's not well received and because of that it's getting no software support other then Sony.

And the price is a whole other factor. It cost as much as a PS4. That was going to fail from the start. Most people will end up with just the PS4 not both. Will little sales it will have no developers supporting it.

Which ones are you finding on clearance and which ones failed? Older models are on clearance (and the crappy phone models) but newer models and more advanced systems are (obviously) what sell. It's like saying the PS4 is doing badly b/c you can find used 1st gen PS4s and PS2s at garage sales. Maybe I don't understand your definition of failed.

The PSMove was also 1/3rd - 1/4th the price of PSVRs. If you match the price / sales, it's on par to do the same as the Move. One of the problems with the move is that it sold ok but barely sold games. PSVR has actually sold millions of games and same for other VR systems.

I admit, it's not huge, but to say it failed given its sales among all VR systems and games, don't agree.

its still a gimmick.

Stick in the mud

Was psvr on sale past black Friday last year? I would get it if I could get that 20% off coupon, then get 20% off that $250 price.

That Switch deal isn't much. Mario Kart is 45 on BB and 36 with GCU so not huge savings. PS4 is a much better deal and includes a new game not a port from last gen. Though I would never buy a regular PS4 after having a Pro for 2 years.
You’re comparing a five year old system to a 1 1/2 year old system. And the five year old system has a better sale price? Woah! Get outta town! Spoiler, in 2021 there will be better priced Switch bundles than PS5 bundles too. And yes, you will complain about it.

Insterested in Soul Calibur 6 for $35, but I hope someone else has it for less. Any idea on what that Switch game is in the $35 group? I'm not seeing anything and can't make out the side of the case.

its still a gimmick.

Holy shit...it's baffling that someone could actually be so wrong...

From November 4th through the 12th. Target is offering a 10% coupon for military and veterans. Just need to verify your status.

what are my chances of getting a ps4 for $200 and is it thanksgiving NIGHT?
If Walmart runs a similar deal their prices usually go live by noon on Thanksgiving day in store, or have the last few years. If it's in the case and not shrinkwrapped in the aisle, it's fair game.

You’re comparing a five year old system to a 1 1/2 year old system. And the five year old system has a better sale price? Woah! Get outta town! Spoiler, in 2021 there will be better priced Switch bundles than PS5 bundles too. And yes, you will complain about it.
It's not much of a Black Friday deal regardless. That's just a fact. Plus your argument really doesn't hold.

Xbox One X is gonna have $100 off deals with games or gift cards. Or does that not count because it's an upgraded Xbox One?? Xbox One X has been out for only a year.

I assume you've been around long enough to know that Nintendo games and consoles are barely discounted(if at all) on Black Friday or leading to Christmas. You will never see a Nintendo console on sale for $100 less than retail, while including a recently released game. Even if Switch was 5 years old that would never happen.

its still a gimmick.

What alternate reality has boxes of vives and oculus and psvr for cheap at the flea market

bread's done
Back