- - - - -

Looking for a new tablet

#1 wildthing2022000   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   175 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

wildthing2022000

Posted 03 November 2018 - 04:57 PM

My old tablet is getting a bit squeezed on memory thanks to ASUS not updating it higher than lolipop and making it unrootable. So I'm looking for a new one that has a lot more memory and/or an OS that actually allows apps to be installed on the SD card instead of a part of one.

Looking for a good mid range priced(sub-$500) gaming tablet that can hold more than 4 games that will be supported with updates or at least rooted.

Looking at the Fire 10 with 64 GB and the New Ipod with 128 GB. Is there anything else I should be looking at even a refurbished older model.

#2 Sielanas  

Posted 05 November 2018 - 12:42 AM

Writing this on a Fire 10, performance is good but not great. Installed Crusaders of Light to test out Diablo Immortal, auto detects to medium settings. I'm happy enough at the $99 price, don't know if that's performance you're ok with. SD slot is touchy. I wrecked a card by putting it in wrong, although that's mostly on me.

#3 The Punisher   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3947 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

The Punisher

Posted 19 November 2018 - 03:58 AM

Writing this on a Fire 10, performance is good but not great. Installed Crusaders of Light to test out Diablo Immortal, auto detects to medium settings. I'm happy enough at the $99 price, don't know if that's performance you're ok with. SD slot is touchy. I wrecked a card by putting it in wrong, although that's mostly on me.

By any chance can Google play be installed?

#4 Sielanas  

Posted 19 November 2018 - 12:59 PM

By any chance can Google play be installed?

Rather easily.

#5 SchmidtA99   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   499 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2018 - 04:21 AM

It's easy to install google play on any of the kindles. But every now and then an update will break it and it will need to be reinstalled.