- - - - -

Tetris Effect 19.99 at Gamestop

#91 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:35 AM

I will be getting a PSVR tomorrow and so I will get to play Tetris.

#92 DANIEL   DANNY FAKnTASTIC CAGiversary!   1366 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:53 AM

I ordered tetris online NEW.  today I received the game un-sealed with just a round sticker on the side of the case to keep it closed.

tomorrow Im returning it. I will not stand by this scummy sale tactic that GS keeps doing

#93 blackwaltz34   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1395 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

blackwaltz34

Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:39 AM

I ordered tetris online NEW. today I received the game un-sealed with just a round sticker on the side of the case to keep it closed.
tomorrow Im returning it. I will not stand by this scummy sale tactic that GS keeps doing

At least you got the game. My bubble mailer was empty and now I wait for GameStop CS.

Sigh....I knew amazon would eventually price match it but I decided not to wait for it.

#94 BrandonJF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   731 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

BrandonJF

Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:59 PM

I ordered tetris online NEW.  today I received the game un-sealed with just a round sticker on the side of the case to keep it closed.

The best is when the store clerk will try to explain how it doesn't make any difference and is still "new".  One tried to identify with me by letting me know he used to feel the same way when he first started working there.... but, then realized it didn't make any difference.  See!  In the end, I was silly to expect something "new" to be sealed.

Mine hasn't shown up yet, but I will be surprised if I'm not in for the same thing.

#95 Ekoria  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 04:28 PM

I remember when some clown said this won't drop in price for a long time because of the tetris license.

#96 Fletchncl   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

Fletchncl

Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:15 PM

Picked up a sealed copy as well, my store got a new shipment in after being out the last couple days.

#97 jsivley   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1527 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:28 PM

I remember when some clown said this won't drop in price for a long time because of the tetris license.

Lol. That’s exactly the reason it would get a price drop. I mean, Tetris is great, just not $40 great. My price point was $12, but got in on this deal because I had GS credit and I very rarely shop there.

#98 andycandy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   265 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:29 PM

Price matched at Best buy.

Thx op

#99 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2723 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 December 2018 - 07:37 PM

Picked up a sealed copy as well, my store got a new shipment in after being out the last couple days.

Same.  Most stores around me got sealed copies in.  Picked one up which means BB should drop the price any minute now like they did with Astrobot.

#100 erikjo  

Posted 25 December 2018 - 02:46 AM

If gamestop thinks it is the same thing if opened and still calls it new, they should let me take all my opened games back and return them as new and get the current selling price on them.

#101 zebular   OG Gamer CAGiversary!   761 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 10:54 AM

Really is a great game but seriously, Fuck that last level.

#102 Jurai  

Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:25 PM

Was gonna buy it today, buuuut price went up