YMMV Save $100 on Xbox One X consoles e-mail - free $10 Microsoft card

hoofrog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
If you got the "Save $100 on Xbox One X consoles" e-mail from Microsoft, click on the red trees. I got a $10 gift card.

EDIT: On the "Our gift to you" page the fine print reads:

"*Limited time offer, while supplies last. Offer is nontransferable. In order to qualify for this free gift card offer you must have been the original recipient of the 11/27/2018, 12/05/2018, or 12/16/2018 email from Microsoft Store "

So it seems this was the last wave of the promotion. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was looking through past Microsoft emails. There was one on 11/28 titled "Cyber Savings Continue until Friday" if you still have it if you click the squirrel that keeps popping up in the snow it's another free $10.

Thanks would have not thought about clicking there so I got the $10 bucks Thanks OP

I just got the email yesterday 12/16 now to find something to spend it on.
Still haven't seen this one. Who is the sender?
It’s directly from Microsoft

Was looking through past Microsoft emails. There was one on 11/28 titled "Cyber Savings Continue until Friday" if you still have it if you click the squirrel that keeps popping up in the snow it's another free $10.
Thanks. Worked for me too. Had to pull the email from trash

I also had one sitting in there with the title: "Here's $10 to get you Black Friday ready"

Just a link to a free $10 credit. Remember these all expire in 90days.

Thanks a bunch OP! 

Got the 10 and found a free 5 dollar giftcard they sent out on 12/6 that mention it is a free gift card. "A little token of our thanks" was the header.

I found older emails with "hideen links"  one that was "get ready for black friday" but it said the code was already used, I imagine it was the same the one in the future email.

Thank you! I also had this one. I wonder which other of their emails have secret money hidden in them

Sharing this fwiw: 

I got an Xbox 1 X last year for Christmas. Since then, the HDMI port has gone out twice; I am now waiting on my third X1X in less than a year, all for the same issue. Rep on phone told me the HDMI port going out is a "known issue." 

My X1X literally sat in the corner of a bedroom on a table. I collect retro games, fwiw, so I hope that points to how I take care of my stuff. 

• Customer service is a nightmare; I had to pay $15 to send my X1X to Microsoft, despite it being under warranty
  • They accidentally charged me $450 for my X1X; it took weeks to resolve this
  • As of very recently, if your xbox breaks, you have to send it to them and wait for them to send you one back. This process takes "2-3 weeks"
  • Overall, Microsoft customer service is very poor
Once I get my new X1X from Microsoft, I'm selling everything and just sticking w. my OG ps4. I might get a PRO, but only if there's a really great deal. 

Dang it I wish I would’ve known about the Black Friday one before cause I could’ve used it when I bought Burnout Remastered all well have to find something else to spend it on.

So to keep it straight we have $10 from:
Save $100 off of any Xbox One from 12/16 (got this one also)
Cyber Monday one from 11/28 (got this one)

I’m so happy that I don’t delete these but I’m going to keep reading them more often.

What kind of sorcery is this?

I am browsing through CAG, see this thread, go to my Gmail, filter MS Store emails and viola! I just got $20 in my account.

Thanks everyone.

Sharing this fwiw:

I got an Xbox 1 X last year for Christmas. Since then, the HDMI port has gone out twice; I am now waiting on my third X1X in less than a year, all for the same issue. Rep on phone told me the HDMI port going out is a "known issue."

My X1X literally sat in the corner of a bedroom on a table. I collect retro games, fwiw, so I hope that points to how I take care of my stuff.

• Customer service is a nightmare; I had to pay $15 to send my X1X to Microsoft, despite it being under warranty
  • As of very recently, if your xbox breaks, you have to send it to them and wait for them to send you one back. This process takes "2-3 weeks"
Once I get my new X1X from Microsoft, I'm selling everything and just sticking w. my OG ps4. I might get a PRO, but only if there's a really great deal.
Lol, I remember my 360 dying after such literal abuse as playing gears of war and fable, and that's it. It spent more time getting dusted than played and still managed to die after a couple years. Only thing that saved it was I somehow got it to work long enough to trade at GS for a slim during a good promo that almost came out even. And yet, to this day, I have never had any other console die on me. Ever.

Hmm
So I got the email in my email but the wife didnt get it in hers
Noticed in mine I have this checked in communication

General info and offers from Microsoft Get tips, solutions and exclusive offers from Microsoft about products, services and events we think you might find interesting

In the wife's account I do not see that as an option. Anyone know where or how to turn that on. I can only turn it off on mine. I dont see any option to add it to the wife's account.

This just hit slickdeals so I suggest trying it out now before Microsoft kills the link.

It would be easy for them since they don't mention getting $10 anywhere.

I found older emails with "hideen links" one that was "get ready for black friday" but it said the code was already used, I imagine it was the same the one in the future email.
I found this one too. It was in fact the same code as the cyber savings email. Still good info to put out there in case somebody got one but not the other. BF email was from 11/19 for those that want to look

I had to select "view in browser", then to be double sure, I pasted the link into Microsoft Edge.

It didn't seem to work for me in Chrome.

I've ordered from Microsoft Store before, but appreantly I don't get their emails?  Running a search yields nothing. 

Anyone else click "redeem now" and you just get a white screen.

I went to check my MS account balance and the $10 isn't there either.

I've ordered from Microsoft Store before, but appreantly I don't get their emails? Running a search yields nothing.
I've only ordered from the online store with one email address, but I've given the Microsoft Store (brick and mortar) three different email addresses over the years and they each received an email.

This deal appears to be dead.  Clicking the squirrel/trees now redirects to a page saying "You found the hidden holiday surprise in your email.  However, this limited offer is no longer available."

Microsoft is really pissing me off at the moment. They screwed me on the Badlands promotion, and now they screwed me on this supposed ten dollar gift card. I clicked through four times only to get a blank screen, and after clicking the fifth time, I get "sorry, this is no longer available." I'm about to punch a damn hole through Bill Gates' pelvis at this point.

Microsoft is really pissing me off at the moment. They screwed me on the Badlands promotion, and now they screwed me on this supposed ten dollar gift card. I clicked through four times only to get a blank screen, and after clicking the fifth time, I get "sorry, this is no longer available." I'm about to punch a damn hole through Bill Gates' pelvis at this point.
Yeah I am not too impressed with them either. I didn't get any of these emails but they banned my rewards account for reasons "WHO KNOWS" since they wont tell me.

There would be very little worthwhile about the Xbox One if it didn't have backward compatibility. If you have it on instant on, the system starts to run like dogshit after maybe a week. (It takes you THIS LONG to move from one square to the next in the Games and Apps menu?) If you DON'T have it on instant on, you can't background download anything when you're not using it. It's definitely the weak sister of its generation... or would be, if it weren't for the Wii U.

If y'all are getting a white, turn off your adblocker. I use AdGuard on Android and couldn't redeem until I disabled it.

On another note, I wonder if customer support will give me Shadow of the Tomb Raider or Fallout 76 free, since I just bought a base One X 11 days ago, and don't want to exchange and download everything again...

Sharing this fwiw:

Thanks for the update.

Sadness for me too but I don't play our xbox one anyway. Probably will sell it because we haven't turned in on in months.
This money can be used to buy anything at www.microsoftstore.com for delivery and in-store pickup, not just for digital purchases on your console.

bread's done
Back