Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite Collector's Edition $52/$60 PS4/XBONE - BEST BUY - FREE SHIPPING

Mattiful-Joe

Henshin a go-go, baby!
Last edited by a moderator:
I can't justify for myself the price tag when I ended up getting the game for $14.00 bucks.

Does it? When I looked at the box in store I didn’t notice anything specifying that.
I’m just looking at the photo of the contents and it shows the deluxe copy with Ultron Sigma on the cover. That’s the one that came with the character pass. I think it’s a steel book also if I’m not mistaken.

In a world where the CE is only worth picking up for the extras and not the game. . .
The game is FAR better than the CE. The game is ugly but fun. The figures and infinity "stones" are just ugly pieces of trash.

Don't waste your money on this CE, it's literally one of the worst ever made.

I'll get it for the statues when it hits $30. With GCU, this deal is pretty strong, but I already have the regular CE, so I'll hold out.

The fact that you can't select your own team to do battle with the final boss makes this game a POS of a work.  Also who got the artists for this game need to be out of work, the character rendering is horrible 

The game is FAR better than the CE. The game is ugly but fun. The figures and infinity "stones" are just ugly pieces of trash.

Don't waste your money on this CE, it's literally one of the worst ever made.
I just picked up the PS4 version. I've had it a while on the XB1 and it is a fun game, not as good as earlier games or Dragonball, but still good fun. You really need the extra six characters because they really fill some holes in the somewhat lacking roster (Black Panther eases the loss of Wolverine, and Venom is great minus his somewhat unusual voice).

The statues are nice though, I like them. Particularly Iron Man and Megaman X which really look nice. Captain Marvel and Chun Li are pretty cool as well. They aren't super high quality statues you can get from collectible makers, of course - but they definitely aren't trash. Just don't go expecting those $100+ type hyper detailed models. They are not out of line with other Collector's Edition models. They sit next to my Spider-man Collector's Edition model favorably.

But the Infinity Stones, yeah they are pretty cheap. They glow and pulse and that looks ok, but the case is just cheap plastic and they cannot be taken out. Not much purpose in them. If they were going to make them a static model thing, they should have made it into a gauntlet and that would have been really nice.

The frosted side of me is tempted just to play with some new characters, but the whole grain side says fuck this shit it's still a horribly designed game let alone collector's edition. Ugh, those character models are mostly fug.

I'm hoping the Marvel vs Capcom 4 rumor is true and is world's better than this half-assed atrocity. Capcom is still a piece of shit company regardless of the RE 2 Remake coming in January. 

If anyone wants to buy the PS4 Character Pass + Carol Danvers constume codes, PM me - I bought the CE, but I already had the Character Pass on PSN.

I got this for $41 after GCU and it's not bad - the game itself is great, aside from the poor art style and roster. Statues look nice, but there's no getting around the egg-cellent Infinity War gems/eggs. 

Thanks OP, my local store had one XBO CE left in stock. The in-store price was cheaper than online ($43 vs $60), but for whatever reason my GCU 20% off didn't stack.

Jesus fucking Christ people weren't kidding about the infinity gems. I'm legit insulted they put this $1.99 object in the collectors edition.
They are definitely cheap. I know it is too much to ask, but I would have like that they each individually light up and be removable, and not be shaped like eggs (well half eggs) even though it is more comic accurate than movie accurate (I like the nugget look in the movies). Bonus points if they lit up from touch. That would be awesome if someone made a set like that.

Ugh, the Chun-Li figure arrived broken off the stand. Doubt I can get a partial refund but might try. Regret this purchase overall: the figures include some of my favorite characters (MMX, Chun Li, and Captain Marvel) but yeah I can't believe these were sold for anywhere above $60 at some point, let alone $170

Ugh, the Chun-Li figure arrived broken off the stand. Doubt I can get a partial refund but might try. Regret this purchase overall: the figures include some of my favorite characters (MMX, Chun Li, and Captain Marvel) but yeah I can't believe these were sold for anywhere above $60 at some point, let alone $170
Mine was broken the same way.

What's crazy is that $170 isn't even what its MSRP was at launch. This bunch of plastic junk was originally $200.

Ugh. Just received my PS4 copy and it was shipped as is with no box. Disappointing because my God of War collectors edition was packed very nicely inside a box.

Has anyone else not received their copy? Mine has been stuck at UPS label created since 1/2/19 with no update and no movement. I just want to check in before I deal with Best Buy.

bread's done
Back