• :xb1: :ps4: FIFA 19 $39.99 Save $20
  • :xb1: :ps4: NHL 19 $39.99 Save $20
New Release Blu-ray Available Tuesday:

• Hell Fest $19.99 Save $3
  • Hell Fest 4K $24.99 Save $5
  • Mid90s $17.99 Save $1
  • Castle Rock: Season One $22.99 Save $2
  • Dragon Ball Super: Part Six $29.99

Hopefully there will be some decent unannounced game deals come early Sunday morning.

Thanks anyway, Tyrok.

I just want the keychain thing to be added to my kingdom hearts 3 pre order. Any chance they’d give those out instore for free?

Best buy is notorious for sales that they don't post in their ad. I wonder why they wind up doing that. I can't imagaine that they do better by not advertising it. I would think they would want to put that out there more.

Damn, was hoping for a PS4 Pro or Xbox one x console deal. Shouldn’t have procrastinated during the holidays

Damn, was hoping for a PS4 Pro or Xbox one x console deal. Shouldn’t have procrastinated during the holidays
I'm glad I didn't hold back on my gaming holiday purchases....got my Xbox One X for $369.00 during the Google Express sales, and my PS4 pro RDR2 edition and sold that game for 55.00 bucks on Facebook Marketplace then bought again it for Xbox One using my GCU for $47.00
In other words I made out quite well.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you ordered online, then they may add it on, like they did for me in other preorders that had bonus physical items
Yeah I guess it should since apparently it’s not a 1 week only promo. Thing is, is it supposed to show up on your purchase list added to the game? I don’t really see it being added

I'm glad I didn't hold back on my gaming holiday purchases....got my Xbox One X for $369.00 during the Google Express sales, and my PS4 pro RDR2 edition and sold that game for 55.00 bucks on Facebook Marketplace then bought again it for Xbox One using my GCU for $47.00
In other words I made out quite well.

ColecoVision or Tandy1000 (yeah yeah yeah not a console).......best childhood memories ever!
Even though SNES is my favorite, I still have my coleco. it was my first console and the memories are great.

SNES games stand the test of time better than other retro console games in terms if playability, visuals, charm, etc.

Many coleco games aren’t worth playing over the arcade versions at this point (DK, Frogger, Zaxxon, Turbo (trackball), etc)

Some Coleco favs of mine Turbo (with the wheel), James Bond 007, Fraction Fever, Rocky (play action controller), Play action football and baseball.

Best buy is notorious for sales that they don't post in their ad. I wonder why they wind up doing that. I can't imagaine that they do better by not advertising it. I would think they would want to put that out there more.
If you look at the digital ad its mostly MSRP stuff and Preorders.

SNES had a lot of classics, but they were primarily Nintendo 1st party. For me, the OG PS stands out as the system favorite. Far more franchises were born on that thing than anything that comes to mind and it holds the record for games I've owned on a system. It was a real renaissance IMO.

SNES had a lot of classics, but they were primarily Nintendo 1st party. For me, the OG PS stands out as the system favorite. Far more franchises were born on that thing than anything that comes to mind and it holds the record for games I've owned on a system. It was a real renaissance IMO.
I dunno. The SNE had a ton of games that weren't first-party Nintendo games that are some of my all-time favorites. Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Illusions of Gaia, Super Bomberman, Final Fight series, Street Fighter II, Sparkster, Super Castlevania IV, and many others!

I love the PlayStation as well, but a large number of those games just don't hold up. A lot of the early 3D games are rough and hard to go back today. Gameplay wise stuff like Metal Gear Solid and many of the RPGs stand the test of time, but those are few and far between from the games that don't hold up on the system.

The PlayStation was ultimately more popular and had a longer lifespan than the SNES too and being a CD based console meant it was cheaper to make games for so we ended up with a lot of shovelware especially towards the end.

I'm sad my gcu expires on such a shitty week. When do they send the 25% off coupon? Haven't gotten one yet.

As for consoles, it has to be the Dreamcast for me. That was the best console launch ever.

I'm sad my gcu expires on such a shitty week. When do they send the 25% off coupon? Haven't gotten one yet.

As for consoles, it has to be the Dreamcast for me. That was the best console launch ever.
The coupon isn’t guaranteed. Some got it days before, some a few days after, some not at all....aka, best of luck.

Any one else having trouble with Vesperia being shipped? Ordered on the 8th still hasn't shipped yet. Wasn't expecting release day delivery but I would think they would of shipped it by now.

Well advertising is meant to attract customers, not give a deal TBH.
If they want to attract my business more frequently they'd bring back GCU. I'd gladly pay $100+ for a 2-year membership.

Not really interested in going through the hassle of using someone else's still active GCU either as that will inevitably also end and might as well get used to it now and just buy less games, especially from Best Buy.

I'll save more not having GCU though as I am now waiting for games to hit $20-$25 opposed to before with GCU were I'd pick up games at the $30-$40 price points more often due to the GCU discount.

If they want to attract my business more frequently they'd bring back GCU. I'd gladly pay $100+ for a 2-year membership.

Not really interested in going through the hassle of using someone else's still active GCU either as that will inevitably also end and might as well get used to it now and just buy less games, especially from Best Buy.

I'll save more not having GCU though as I am now waiting for games to hit $20-$25 opposed to before with GCU were I'd pick up games at the $30-$40 price points more often due to the GCU discount.
I honestly thought eliminating it was to pave the way for a new loyalty rewards program but I guess they were facing too many issues from GCU to explore something new. My only guess is they're hopeful the brand loyalty built up by it will continue without, but they're sorely mistaken.

I honestly thought eliminating it was to pave the way for a new loyalty rewards program but I guess they were facing too many issues from GCU to explore something new. My only guess is they're hopeful the brand loyalty built up by it will continue without, but they're sorely mistaken.
I get why they eliminated it and saw the writing on the wall when they dropped the price to $30 for two years. At that point, it became a must have for anyone buying more than 1-2 games a year. Then we started hearing about the ways people were abusing the program on top of it already not being profitable for Best Buy.

Obviously, the idea was to get people into the store and buying other things in addition to discounted video games, but what actually happened was we'd specifically go in and buy the cheap video games and nothing else.

They absolutely should come up with something to replace it as I am sure they'd rather me spend thousands a year with them opposed to Amazon, Gamestop, and Target. Gamestop isn't much better but at least they still offer a rewards program and I have the Elite Pro membership until March, which I find the Pro Membership to offer very little value in comparison so I probably won't be renewing that come March.

Best Buy should have never lowered the price on GCU and kept it at around $100 for the 2-year membership (still an incredible value). They could have promoted the program better at the higher price point and it would have sold itself. I typically buy anywhere between 30-50 new video games annually, if not more and with GCU those purchases typically were made at Best Buy, but now I don't see myself purchasing or going into Best Buy as often. Gamestop is very close to my house as well as Target and I can stop in both places in less time than it would take me to drive to the local Best Buy.

Best Buy is in a much better place now than when they started the program and their main goal was to steal marketshare from GameStop. I don't really seem them going back to it at this point.

Best Buy is in a much better place now than when they started the program and their main goal was to steal marketshare from GameStop. I don't really seem them going back to it at this point.
Unfortunately, you are probably correct, but I am sour about the loss of a great discount program. Best Buy is definitely doing much better financially now though, but I don't believe the loss of GCU has anything to do with that.

Not sure if you meant BB going back to a GCU-inspired program or people back to GS. In either case, GS may or may not be sold next month if a deal is reached so they're already on the ropes. I don't see BB having much competition in that department going forward, regardless of the program but I'll always be loyal to the bottomline price or offer. ;)

And it just occurred to me: without GCU, there's nothing policing how many games we can buy without being banned so if anything, game on when abusing price mistakes lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if you meant BB going back to a GCU-inspired program or people back to GS. In either case, GS may or may not be sold next month if a deal is reached so they're already on the ropes. I don't see BB having much competition in that department going forward, regardless of the program but I'll always be loyal to the bottomline price or offer. ;)

And it just occurred to me: without GCU, there's nothing policing how many games we can buy without being banned so if anything, game on when abusing price mistakes lol.
Gamestop being sold will be good for them. Two investment groups are interested from what I have read and both will continue the brand, hopefully closing a number of the redundant stores and making the right moves opposed to adding more collectable junk that just gets sold at a loss months later in the clearance sections.

For me with GCU gone I have started buying most of my new games at Gamestop due to the convenience and still having Elite Pro. Gamestop is really close to my house and I can easily go in after work and pick up a game and be home within 5 minutes of leaving the store. Best Buy isn't a hassle to get to for me either, but it's a bit further away and if I am going to be paying the same price for something there isn't a reason for me to go into Best Buy. I think a lot of people will just simply buy games digitally or on Amazon once they lose GCU for similar reasons as me going to Gamestop. I

I just don’t pre order every damn game nowadays since my gcu expired. Some games I buy from GameStop instead, pre owned, cuz of elite pro. It ducks when you really want a discount on a collectors edition though. It’s gonna be a long tough year for me

bread's done
Back