Oregon Trail Handheld Game - $8.49 @ Target

litepink

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
the-oregon-trail-hanheld-game-1089108.jpeg

https://www.target.com/p/handheld-oregon-trail-game/-/A-52719211
Free shipping on orders over $35 or free in-store pickup. As always save 5% with REDcard

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B61BFSW
Free shipping with Prime

Last edited by a moderator:
got one of these awhile back, it's really pretty solid if you want portable oregon trail, not sure where things ever went on dumping the game off the board, there was some speculation that it was built on top of an NES on a chip setup

I don't get what the epidemic was of people shitting themselves to death back then. When I was a kid, dysentery killed me every time I picked the banker. In hindsight, i dont think the farmer ever got dysentery...

I bought one when they came out because I am a sucker for this kind of stuff. I probably spent about 5 minutes with it and it's been sitting on a shelf in my Game Room ever since. 

That being said it's worth $10 and I now really regret buying it for $25.

I don't get what the epidemic was of people shitting themselves to death back then. When I was a kid, dysentery killed me every time I picked the banker. In hindsight, i dont think the farmer ever got dysentery...
Poor health and sanitation standards, mostly. Contaminated water was a huge issue, especially if you were travelling and drinking from natural water sources (especially if another caravan was doing their business upstream). Then the dehydration gets you.

Poor health and sanitation standards, mostly. Contaminated water was a huge issue, especially if you were travelling and drinking from natural water sources (especially if another caravan was doing their business upstream). Then the dehydration gets you.
Hmm... Another thing I always wondered about, if you have the time...
What was the deal with pirates back in the day? Why did they all have a peg leg, a hook hand, or an eye patch? What the hell was going on back then??

What was the deal with pirates back in the day? Why did they all have a peg leg, a hook hand, or an eye patch? What the hell was going on back then??
The same reason we had a ton of amputations in past wars - Lack of knowledge around appropriate wound care. Get shot in the leg? Better cut it off, or it'll get infected and you'll die. Stabbed in the hand and it starts to show signs of infection? Cut it off. Repeat as necessary.

Eyepatches are weird. If you actually cover your (working) eye for an extended period, you'll find that the sight in your other eye will improve to compensate. Useful if you're at sea, looking for things at a great distance. I'm sure there was a fair amount due to injury, as well. I remember in history class hearing as well that it's useful for sailors constantly going above/below decks - Your vision adjusts faster if one eye is closed (or covered), and you can just move the eyepatch if you go from a sunny outdoor area to a dark indoor area and cut the adjustment time.

The eye patches helped with fighting in the dark. Accommodated to the dark instantly.

bread's done
Back