Final Fantasy VII Remake trailers

Vinny

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, but the story break-up into episodic content is somewhat a deterrent for me.  It is kinda understandable based on the scope of the original 3-discs PS1 rpg.  However, I feel there will be an eventual PS5 version and it might not even be fully completed on the PS4.  I really want to avoid double-dipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I agree... the whole episode concept sucks and I'd rather just play it all at once but not sure my nostalgia won't over-power me into trying it. 

I also hate that (from the looks of it), the combat seems to be entirely based off of FFXV's. Doesn't look like materia (which I loved and is still, IMO, the best FF battle mechanic ever) is at all a part of the gameplay. 

It is supposed to be more akin to Crisis Core from what I have heard also materia is supposed to work in this as well handled the same way it was in Crisis Core. Sadly I haven't played that in forever so... no idea how it works. 

The remake looks great and has me excited but in realizing that, the series is dead to me otherwise (and I still haven't touched FFXV for that matter). I think after IX it has just gone steadily downhill for me and it was only blind devotion that kept me around. I think the remake will be a good final fanfare for me and I'll simply find a new RPG to champion.

Elder Scrolls 6 sounds good.

It is supposed to be more akin to Crisis Core from what I have heard also materia is supposed to work in this as well handled the same way it was in Crisis Core. Sadly I haven't played that in forever so... no idea how it works.
Crisis Core's battle system was pretty solid actually, outside of "slots" or whatever, which added an unnecessary level of randomness to battles.

The remake looks great and has me excited but in realizing that, the series is dead to me otherwise (and I still haven't touched FFXV for that matter). I think after IX it has just gone steadily downhill for me and it was only blind devotion that kept me around. I think the remake will be a good final fanfare for me and I'll simply find a new RPG to champion.

Elder Scrolls 6 sounds good.
Yeah, I agree... after FFIX, the series went on a downward spiral. I hate to say it, but FFXV did do a lot of things right... after more than 20GB of updates or whatever. Too bad the story was a garbled mess, even if it had some good elements to it.

But I'll say this, I'm kinda hopeful for this remake only because I feel like SE knows they have to get this right. They're running out of things to milk and after the long delays with FFXV and KH3, and with both being less than stellar.

bread's done
Back