PLAYSTATION CLASSIC $29.99 at BestBuy winprice

Run properly? I completed Einhander, Tomba, and Breath of Fire IV a few weeks ago and they seem to play fine on mine. No complaints and issues from my roommates when they played fighting games like Street Fighter Alpha and King of Fighters.

PS1 Classic $30 and 64 GB 2.0 USB $10 or less = $40 to emulate PS1 games, looks cool and retro, and portable. You can’t beat that. Note: I have 2x brand new PS TVs. I didn’t want to open it up and mod it since it will kill resale value if I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Run properly? I completed Einhander, Tomba, and Breath of Fire IV a few weeks ago and they seem to play fine on mine. No complaints and issues from my roommates when they played fighting games like Street Fighter Alpha and King of Fighters.

PS1 Classic $30 and 64 GB 2.0 USB $10 or less = $40 to emulate PS1 games, looks cool and retro, and portable. You can’t beat that. Note: I have 2x brand new PS TVs. I didn’t want to open it up and mod it since it will kill resale value if I do.
Your personal experience says nothing about the quality of the emulation.

Super easy and cheap soft mod with good game compatibility and an easy to use front end for casual users. Seriously, now that the PS Classic has been cracked open, at 30 dollars everyone with a passing interest in this should pick it up. 

Anyway, that's my sales pitch. Go buy one. 

Is this any better than PC emulation? Have a good PC, so don't see the need to buy this. I can run with higher res and possibly filters/shaders.

Mostly interested in controllers as they're easy to repair.

Is this any better than PC emulation? Have a good PC, so don't see the need to buy this. I can run with higher res and possibly filters/shaders.

Mostly interested in controllers as they're easy to repair.
No. For high emulation and more emulation games go with a decent PC / Laptop or Nvidia shield. The PSC limits you to 64gb 2.0 USB flash stick (fits 70-90 PS1 games) and does decent PS1, PSP, SNES, NES, etc. emulation performance for under $40 or less. Good for tight budget and non picky mofo.

Got a free dev mode license on the X1 and run Retroarch so I have no use for this. But I'd still consider buying this if it drops another 10 bucks because it looks kind of cool.

I remember how cool I thought Demolition Derby was back in the day. I choose not to ruin those memories by playing the game on this.

They don't feel so great in the hands after being used to modern controllers, and the D-pads are a bit touchy. They throw inaccurate inputs if you're not very precise.

Nothing to guarantee you won't like them, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

They don't feel so great in the hands after being used to modern controllers, and the D-pads are a bit touchy. They throw inaccurate inputs if you're not very precise.

Nothing to guarantee you won't like them, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
I just can't get over no analog sticks which I know "blah blah the original games didn't have them" then why include Metal Gear Solid?!?

I just can't get over no analog sticks which I know "blah blah the original games didn't have them" then why include Metal Gear Solid?!?
I agree about not having the analog sticks. It makes no sense not to have them. They could have at least made one of the controllers with the sticks.

I was kind of hoping these would be good for playing games that play well with an accurate d-pad like Dead Cells and Hollow Knight. I guess I can stick with my PS4 controller.

bread's done
Back