FFVII Remake PS4 SE preorder $41.99 / deluxe $55.99 @ amz

I doubt the coupon lasts long so get those orders in.

I'm less than thrilled with the episodic structure but it looks like I'll be getting this at launch.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's on other games as well.  Sekiro PS4 is

Current Price: $47.40

Your Coupon Savings: -$14.16
Total before tax: $33.24
Estimated tax to be collected: $2.99
Order total: $36.23

What is going on?

Eh why not lol

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Your Coupon Savings: -$18.00
Discover Promo: -$10.00
Total before tax: $31.99
Estimated tax to be collected: $2.64
Rewards Points: -$0.01
Grand Total: $34.62

Man I barely got to the original like a year ago. So after I get around to Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, and Advent Children, they'll probably be remaking this version. Then I just gotta wait for that to be included with PlayStation's version of game pass, then I'll play it.

Eh why not lol

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Your Coupon Savings: -$18.00
Discover Promo: -$10.00
Total before tax: $31.99
Estimated tax to be collected: $2.64
Rewards Points: -$0.01
Grand Total: $34.62

What’s the discover promo?

Passed on delux edition. I just know SE gonna make a million of these and nothing will be limited. 

Snagged one despite my hate for the "episodes" grumble. 

Passed on delux edition. I just know SE gonna make a million of these and nothing will be limited.

Snagged one despite my hate for the "episodes" grumble.
They may not be limited but they don't tend to get discounted. KH3 Deluxe is still $70something on Amazon.

They may not be limited but they don't tend to get discounted. KH3 Deluxe is still $70something on Amazon.
KH3 deluxe was selling for $40 a week or two ago. There's a ton out there.

I ordered the deluxe just because the $14 extra was worth the additional stuff for my own personal use. I wouldn't buy this thinking it would be rare and hold value.

Overall, the Deluxe is still cheaper at Best Buy if you still have GCU and factor in the $10 reward ($64 plus $10 reward, making it $54 after everything).

Overall, the Deluxe is still cheaper at Best Buy if you still have GCU and factor in the $10 reward ($64 plus $10 reward, making it $54 after everything).
Yep. Though there's always the chance amz decides to "match" bby and offer a $10 promo credit as we get closer to release. I did this with them with smash and kh3.

Cancelled my previous deluxe and moved over to this, not sure why they're discounting but I'll take it

Got the Deluxe after arguing with a rep about getting my promo credit (which I used towards the standard edition preorder just yesterday) refunded since I was under the impression it doesn't boomerang back to your account after you cancel an order.

After insisting that they're nonrefundable, he eventually relented and gave me a courtesy credit only for me to discover that the original promo credit did in fact refund automatically after the order was canceled. Lesson learned, I suppose.
Only a $2 difference (and even that is only due to what is essentially a Best Buy GC which is worth less than cash imo and that you'll take a month or so to get), I'd roll the dice and preorder with Amazon to spend less cash upfront and in case they add the aforementioned $10 credit.

Maybe slightly off topic for this specific post, but around a month ago Amazon had a deal to receive $15 discount at checkout when you bought a $50 gift card. I used that $65 to pick up FF7 when it dropped to $69, if I cancel that order to reorder now with this $24 coupon will I retain that $15 back in gift card credit, or do promotions generally not refund like that? I don't have a lot of experience with Amazon Gift Cards.

its matching target...they also have it for 30% off with store pickup even though there is no store pick up for this game so you cant get the discount on target but its being advertised..

Maybe slightly off topic for this specific post, but around a month ago Amazon had a deal to receive $15 discount at checkout when you bought a $50 gift card. I used that $65 to pick up FF7 when it dropped to $69, if I cancel that order to reorder now with this $24 coupon will I retain that $15 back in gift card credit, or do promotions generally not refund like that? I don't have a lot of experience with Amazon Gift Cards.
if it's gift card credit then it will 100% go back on your account and you can apply it to a new order

if it is partially a promotional discount/credit, these usually go back on your account and apply to a new order as long as the promo hasn't expired.

if it's gift card credit then it will 100% go back on your account and you can apply it to a new order

if it is partially a promotional discount/credit, these usually go back on your account and apply to a new order as long as the promo hasn't expired.
Thank you.

It's all under "Gift Card Amount" on the invoice but it was like this coupon where it didn't show up til the end stage of checkout. The promo to obtain it is expired, so I'm doubtful it will work, but risking $1 in total cost for an extra $24 is worth it though I think.

Edit: It worked.

While this is true, I prefer paying with Amazon credit I've earned from trade-ins and getting a further discount rather than a reward to use later.

Thanks, OP.

KH3 deluxe was selling for $40 a week or two ago. There's a ton out there.

I ordered the deluxe just because the $14 extra was worth the additional stuff for my own personal use. I wouldn't buy this thinking it would be rare and hold value.
Give me a nice Steelbook and a nice hardcover artbook and I'll be putty in your hands

Just to verify, if the price of the FF7 deluxe edition briefly drops to $70, Amazon will pre-order price match and the original $24 discount will still apply, correct?

Just to verify, if the price of the FF7 deluxe edition briefly drops to $70, Amazon will pre-order price match and the original $24 discount will still apply, correct?
Ideally, yes, since it's a straight $ amount off and not a percentage, and now you've made this deal potentially even better for pointing that out. :whee:

And if I am not mistaken (I have done this with games that were temporary out of stock and/or backordered), I will be able to continue to add Amazon gift cards to my pre-order of FFVII until the actual release/ship date. Never tried it however with a pre-ordered game but I know there is the change payment option so again, I do believe I can add gift cards for the next few months. 

bread's done
Back