The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Edition PS4/XBO $31.50

Jurai

Banned
Making a thread since most people probably don't check the Indie / Limited / Obscure release thread and considering this game is not released yet, this is probably the lowest it will be in the immediate future.

Skybound is running an SDCC 30% off sale on their store, the upcoming The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Edition release is included at $34.99 (msrp $49.99, $49.99 at Amazon at time of post).

This release includes ALL of the series content on disc, per Skybound:

https://twitter.com/skyboundgames/status/1145853138705846272

You can stack promocode NEW10 for an additional 10% off which takes the price down to $31.50

Free shipping is offered, and atleast in my case I was not charged sales tax (I do not know where they are based from for charging it or not)

https://store.skybound.com/products/telltales-the-walking-dead-the-telltale-definitive-series-standard-edition

Thanks for sharing this deal. And the info that all the content will be on disc, went ahead and ordered since I believe I only played the first two seasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP!  This seems like a decent deal, especially with everything being on disc.

It's a shame Death's Gambit is sold out already though.

Been playing through them as of late. The first is a classic. Second, not as good. New Frontier is a trainwreck and the only PS4 game to instantly power off my system. Michonne, style over substance, but it's got a LOT of style (also introduced me to First Aid Kit). The final season has been great so far, really dig the use of comic book textures in the landscape of that world.

So Josh from Limited Run Games mentioned he put in an offer for the physical rights to all of Telltale's games. He ended up not getting them because they likely wanted to sell it to someone who wanted all the rights, and not just physical.

So, with any luck, this new producer may release their other games physically. They certainly deserve to be.

Been playing through them as of late. The first is a classic. Second, not as good. New Frontier is a trainwreck and the only PS4 game to instantly power off my system. Michonne, style over substance, but it's got a LOT of style (also introduced me to First Aid Kit). The final season has been great so far, really dig the use of comic book textures in the landscape of that world.
I've never agreed with a post more in my life. I cannot stress how poorly written New Frontier is, it's the best example ever for "your choices don't matter in the slightest" one can find.

Just a warning it is missing songs from the regular release and several minor things.
I’m assuming the music missing will be songs with lyrics that play in the credits? Also, do you know any of these minor things?

Thanks for the heads up on this! Was wanting the whole series in physical format but didn't want the CE which was like $50 or whatever.

Great deal, since I got burned on the digital collection on PSN (never got around to downloading it before it was de-listed). Threw in a Lying Cat short on the cheap that I was eyeing.

Thanks OP!

Quick side question, does anyone know if the Season 4 season pass ever dipped below $20 on PSN? Because with the discount code mentioned above, it's actually a little cheaper to buy it physically from Skybound than it is digitally right now.

https://telltale.com/community/discussion/118673/why-did-ttg-butcher-content-from-s1-2-in-the-new-collection

Looks like link got removed, basically all licence music, some scenes (I will have to google for them). This is for the 2017 collection so wait for reviews if you want to be safe
Here's the Wayback Machine archive of that thread. I didn't realize so much had been changed for the previous collection. I played the seasons separately and really enjoyed all the credits songs. If it's a licensing issue, I'm assuming it will be the same deal on this 'Definitive' Edition.

Great deal, since I got burned on the digital collection on PSN (never got around to downloading it before it was de-listed).
Did you get it as a free bonus when preordering The Final Season? I never downloaded it either, but it's still in my download list.

Quick side question, does anyone know if the Season 4 season pass ever dipped below $20 on PSN? Because with the discount code mentioned above, it's actually a little cheaper to buy it physically from Skybound than it is digitally right now.
It's always been $19.99 on PSN.

Did you get it as a free bonus when preordering The Final Season? I never downloaded it either, but it's still in my download list.
Yes, but when I clicked on the link from my download list, it linked to the last four episodes of the Borderlands game instead, for whatever reason (which I had previously bought). Maybe they swapped them out for some reason, or maybe it’s just broken? If you try to download it, what happens on your end?

Just a warning it is missing songs from the regular release and several minor things.
From the product description:

Even more digital bonuses: Music player that includes 40+ tracks across all seasons, art gallery, 3D model viewer with playable voice lines, and new 3D front end that still includes the original menus and music from all past seasons.

From the product description:

Even more digital bonuses: Music player that includes 40+ tracks across all seasons, art gallery, 3D model viewer with playable voice lines, and new 3D front end that still includes the original menus and music from all past seasons.
But isn't that just a digital air media player and not on disc in game stuff?

So is it official everything Telltale cannot be redownloaded even if purchased? I did it on PS4 in June just to be sure since there was all the news about Minecraft, but Batman, BttF, etc. are all PT’d even if you bought them previously?

So is it official everything Telltale cannot be redownloaded even if purchased? I did it on PS4 in June just to be sure since there was all the news about Minecraft, but Batman, BttF, etc. are all PT’d even if you bought them previously?
FALSE!

I had purchased the Telltale Games Collection PS4 in 2015, but have not downloaded or played ANY of them.

I just checked, and they are still in my Purchased list on my PS4 (Walking Dead 1/2/Michonne/Game of Thrones/Tale from the Borderlands/Wolf Among Us), I was able to download the couple that I tried ... AND I was able to "Purchase" available additional episodes 2+ (for free) from the in-game menu that I theoretically already owned, since it included the Season Passes, but had just never claimed.

Yes, but when I clicked on the link from my download list, it linked to the last four episodes of the Borderlands game instead, for whatever reason (which I had previously bought). Maybe they swapped them out for some reason, or maybe it’s just broken? If you try to download it, what happens on your end?
I just tried it and it downloads TWD Collection for me. Maybe you can try going into Settings > Account Management and Restore Licenses, in case some wires got crossed or something.

I’ll have to give that a shot when I get home. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Gave it a shot, but no go. Still only shows episode 2-4 of Borderlands when I click to download the WD Collection.

I was thinking I should get this despite owning all the Walking dead on Steam and they are downloaded. I know I have the first season of Batman, Tales from the Borderlands, GoT and Wolf Among Us as well. I've only played Wolf Among us and the Walking Dead. I tried GoT but got kinda bored.

Pretty sure on PS4 I have a few things as well. Still I really should get these physically. 

How do you get the 30% off? There's no price reduction on the link and the only code I see is for the 10% off

Has anyone received a shipping notice from Skybound Games for this game yet?  The release date is supposed to be today (9/10) and I believe other retailers have their copies.

Has anyone received a shipping notice from Skybound Games for this game yet? The release date is supposed to be today (9/10) and I believe other retailers have their copies.
Nope, not yet. The crappiest part is that I ordered a shirt along with the game, and the order has been tethered to the game, so haven’t received that either. Not the most helpful customer service, either.

OK, I'll probably give it a couple more days before I start complaining, but it is shitty nonetheless.  They had no problem taking my money in full back in July.

OK, I'll probably give it a couple more days before I start complaining, but it is shitty nonetheless. They had no problem taking my money in full back in July.
You understand that taking money at the time of purchase is a pretty standard business practice right?

You understand that taking money at the time of purchase is a pretty standard business practice right?
Pretty standard for some companies like LRG, not standard for other companies like NISA or Idea Factory, and all the major retailers.

Either way, they apologized for the delay and have started shipping them out so I have no issues with them right now.

Pretty standard for some companies like LRG, not standard for other companies like NISA or Idea Factory, and all the major retailers.

Either way, they apologized for the delay and have started shipping them out so I have no issues with them right now.
Walmart? Stop getting an ignorant dumbass man c'mon

bread's done
Back