* * * * * 1 votes

Raise.com Buy Video Game Currency at a Discount. New users get $10 off $40+ purchase.

#31 kemosahbe  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:00 AM

This site is quite annoying. Why the "earned" $10 off $100 doesn't work with this new SUNNY7 code is beyond my ability to process the world.

Wait until you have to try to contact customer service... one issue they wouldn’t fix offset almost all of my lifetime savings using the site. It was a nightmare trying to get through to them just to reach a dead end.

#32 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   3187 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:35 AM

Wait until you have to try to contact customer service... one issue they wouldn’t fix offset almost all of my lifetime savings using the site. It was a nightmare trying to get through to them just to reach a dead end.

when i signed up a long time ago i (as always) put in my home phone # that is only connected to an answering machine. Zero spam/sales calls on my cell phone ;) 

So download the app... they require a TEXT message to "verify" the phone that has been on the account forever. Have to call CS to get them to change the phone number to send a text message to be able to log in the app... and then call CS again to REMOVE the cell number.

yeah, i'll stick to logging into the website once every 6-8+ months to buy 1 discounted gift card.

#33 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:15 AM

This site is quite annoying. Why the "earned" $10 off $100 doesn't work with this new SUNNY7 code is beyond my ability to process the world. 

One promo code per order?

#34 respectablechum  

respectablechum

Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:58 PM

Did you chargeback after they were no help? I've used raise for a long time and never had an issue but one bad purchase could erase all my savings too.

#35 kemosahbe  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:18 PM

Did you chargeback after they were no help? I've used raise for a long time and never had an issue but one bad purchase could erase all my savings too.

Far too lazy to try a chargeback unfortunately, just took the loss and stayed bitter.

#36 SpraykwoN   the Chef CAGiversary!   4366 Posts   Joined 8.5 Years Ago  

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:02 PM

I had a couple issues with invalid cards, and here is the trick to get your money back fast and easy.  Snap a photo of the error, then call them.  When you talk to a rep, say my card is invalid, and I have a screenshot of the error, and I want a refund.  They will ask for the photos there via an email they send you and you can immediately send them those photos.  They will then process the refund right there.  Takes about 24 hours to get it.

I've never had any issues getting refunds, but I will admit each purchase is a risk lol

#37 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5041 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 27 August 2019 - 10:46 PM

Just got an email from Raise letting me know they put $5 into my account since I hadn't made a purchase in awhile, so everyone should check their email/account balance if you haven't bought anything in a while. Got $20 eShop code for $13.80

#38 jupiterjones   WHAT THE CUSS!?! CAGiversary!   1251 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

jupiterjones

Posted 27 August 2019 - 11:30 PM

Just got an email from Raise letting me know they put $5 into my account since I hadn't made a purchase in awhile, so everyone should check their email/account balance if you haven't bought anything in a while. Got $20 eShop code for $13.80

Got the same email, and picked up the same amount of credit for the same price. Not bad.

#39 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7378 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:02 AM

I unsubscribed from emails, but checked my account and still have $5.

#40 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:39 AM

I have the $5 as well until the 30th. Any promo codes work with this?

#41 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2019 - 04:10 AM

That's awesome. I didn't get one :cry: , probably because I just bought from them during their last 7% sale.

I have the $5 as well until the 30th. Any promo codes work with this?

I don't think there are any active promo codes for current users right now.

#42 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1407 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:02 PM

Stay away from Raise.  Sold me 2 invalid PSN codes and they won't reply to any e-mails sent to customer service.

#43 heatison777   The Heat is On CAGiversary!   562 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

heatison777

Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:33 PM

This one is active for 8/28. From Slickdeals for 7% off gaming cards.

SLICKSEVEN

#44 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:32 PM

Stay away from Raise. Sold me 2 invalid PSN codes and they won't reply to any e-mails sent to customer service.

Sorry to hear that.
Did you at least get the automated, "We've received your inquiry" email? Maybe they are looking into it and it's just taking a while. Like SpraykwoN said, you should take screenshots of the error message you got to help with your case.
Hold times aside, calling is definitely faster, and they're usually pretty helpful over the phone. Just make sure you get the person's name if they promise you anything.

This one is active for 8/28. From Slickdeals for 7% off gaming cards.

SLICKSEVEN

Nice! I'll add that to the title and main post :) On slickdeals someone said it can be combined with the freebie $5 they sent out yesterday.

New customers may still be better off using 40RAISEAF to get $10 off $40+ orders first. And then using the 7% off code on a 2nd order, if you want to purchase more.

#45 oldcasio  

oldcasio

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:00 AM

Sorry to hear that.
Did you at least get the automated, "We've received your inquiry" email? Maybe they are looking into it and it's just taking a while. Like SpraykwoN said, you should take screenshots of the error message you got to help with your case.
Hold times aside, calling is definitely faster, and they're usually pretty helpful over the phone. Just make sure you get the person's name if they promise you anything.

Nice! I'll add that to the title and main post :) On slickdeals someone said it can be combined with the freebie $5 they sent out yesterday.

New customers may still be better off using 40RAISEAF to get $10 off $40+ orders first. And then using the 7% off code on a 2nd order, if you want to purchase more.

Yes, it can be combined with the $5 freebie.

#46 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2192 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:12 AM

Nice! Got $5 as well. Now debating whether I should use it on the $20 PSN or ESHOP.

#47 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5041 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:33 AM

Dang! Should have waited and gotten an extra 7% off. Oh well, this site is such a gamble I wasn't sure if the $5 would work with promo codes.

#48 postaboy   OLD SKOOL CAGER CAGiversary!   2192 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2019 - 07:50 AM

Grabbed $20 eShop digital code for $12.48 with $5 and 7% promo code. Redeemed the $20 eShop right away and it's good. Thanks for the heads up.

#49 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:09 PM

SLICKSEVEN - 7% off Nintendo, Xbox, Fanatics, Playstation and Dominos.

It said it was for August 28th only, but the code still appears to be working.

#50 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1407 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:51 PM

Sorry to hear that.

No, they haven't sent any kind of e-mail, automated or otherwise.  I can't even take a screenshot of the error code now because once you report the card, it removes the card code from your order.  I'm just going to dispute the charge and be done with these clowns.

#51 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   733 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:54 PM

I've bought thousands of $ in cards from them and only ever had an issue with 2 PSN codes which I chalked up to scammers generating and using the codes before I could due to wallet limit.  They refunded them without issue after calling.  I keep tons of shop $ on the app with them when sales like this happen and have never had an issue for what it's worth.

#52 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1407 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:02 PM

I've bought thousands of $ in cards from them and only ever had an issue with 2 PSN codes which I chalked up to scammers generating and using the codes before I could due to wallet limit.  They refunded them without issue after calling.  I keep tons of shop $ on the app with them when sales like this happen and have never had an issue for what it's worth.

That's great.  I gave up on calling them after being on hold for over an hour.  Also, they don't call you back if you select the callback option.

#53 Aryss   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   491 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:18 PM

I have never had any issue contacting them.  They have helped me right away with the 2 issues I have had with them so far.

#54 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1407 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2019 - 10:23 PM

I have never had any issue contacting them.  They have helped me right away with the 2 issues I have had with them so far.

0 success contacting them over a 2 week period.

I'm not doubting that others have had plenty of good experiences with them, but it only takes a bad transaction or two to sour you on them.

#55 starscream615   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   733 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

starscream615

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:47 PM

0 success contacting them over a 2 week period.

I'm not doubting that others have had plenty of good experiences with them, but it only takes a bad transaction or two to sour you on them.

I literally had to call them today about a PSN card I bought 2 months ago and they immediately picked up.  Are you just trying to email them or something?

#56 bee01   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1407 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:50 PM

I literally had to call them today about a PSN card I bought 2 months ago and they immediately picked up.  Are you just trying to email them or something?

I literally replied to you with this:

That's great.  I gave up on calling them after being on hold for over an hour.  Also, they don't call you back if you select the callback option.

And having phone support doesn't excuse them from completely ignoring e-mail.

Anyway, I've voiced my complaints/warnings, so this will be my last post in the thread.

#57 Super Strider TurbulenceEX   Son of the Old Gods CAGiversary!   767 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

Super Strider TurbulenceEX

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:03 AM

Edit: NVM

#58 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:46 AM

Raise only takes Paypal when purchasing through the app. Kind of annoying, but it does work.

I literally replied to you with this:

And having phone support doesn't excuse them from completely ignoring e-mail.

The first email from them is automated, so if you didn't get one of those they probably didn't get any of your emails. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you.

gamestop.com does fyi. and they dont have the same customer service issues bee01 had with his orders on this site. honestly i'd just go with them instead.

Gamestop won't sell you a $50 eshop/PSN/Xbox card for $36, plus give you $5 off your next purchase. Most people will not have problems with their orders.

#59 brutx15   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   188 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:15 PM

Labor day weekend: Use code LDW5 for extra 5% off site wide. Not valid on cash back gift cards. Expires 9/2.

#60 Daisydog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1648 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 September 2019 - 07:30 PM

New code for current users:

BESTDEAL - 9/6 only. Extra savings on clearance gift cards (7% extra off Eshop. 5% extra off Gamestop)

This makes:

$20 eshop cards $17.48

$35 eshop cards $30.60

$50 eshop cards $43.24

1st time buyers will still make out better using the code 40RAISEAF for $10 off $40+ orders on their first purchase.