Raise.com Buy Video Game Currency at a Discount. New users get $10 off $40+ purchase.

Daisydog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
127 (100%)
[12/20/23 edit] I know this thread hasn't seen much action for a while. It's because Raise doesn't put out nearly as many coupon codes as it once did. Most of the time they aren't worth mentioning. But the information in this post is still valid, and helpful, so I'll leave it as is. I'm still around to update the post so feel free to mention any coupons you find, or questions you may have.

Promo codes for existing customers:
[none]

New Customers: If you have never purchased from Raise before please read this first:
New customers should always use the code 10RAISE40AF to get $10 off your first purchase of $40+
This code is only valid on your first purchase from raise.com or the app. This code trumps any other offer so use it first before any other promo codes.

Also:
New customers may sign up through a referral link to get $5 in raise cash. Use your raise cash to get $5 off a future purchase. This is optional but can only be done upon your initial sign up.

Raise will occasionally send out free $5 promo credits to inactive accounts. These credits have a short expiration date so check this thread often.

-
Raise promo codes come out pretty frequently, especially on holidays. The promo codes will typically offer you an extra 3% to 7% off.
Your savings will vary depending on the sale and your gift card's starting discount.

Direct links to gift cards
:
Nintendo Eshop
Playstation Network
Xbox

About:

Raise.com is a popular online gift card reseller where you can buy discount gift cards of all types, even video game currency. Unless noted, the gift cards are Digital Delivery and will show up in your account once your order is complete. If you are a new user, this may take a few hours.

1st Time Purchasing? Sign up through a referral link for $5 off:
Raise.com offers a generous referral program. Sign up for Raise using a referral link and both you and the person who referred you will get $5 in Raise Cash. Raise Cash can be combined with promo codes for even more savings. There is no need to ask for a referral, just check the Referral Central part of the forum to find numerous people posting their referral links.

Do not clutter this thread with referral links. There is a specific part of the forum called Referral Central for referral links so please post them there.

Raise offers a 1 year money back guarantee.
If there is a problem with your gift card you can email or call them at (888) 578-8422
Monday - Friday: 8am - 7pm CT or Saturday: 9am - 5pm CT

Most people will not have any problems with their purchases, but Raise is a gift card reseller, so people sell them gift card codes and they resell them to you. If that person was trying to scam Raise they could redeem the code themselves, or continue selling it on to other sites leaving the customer with a bad code. It's the nature of such a business, but Raise does have checks in place to minimize this type of activity. They also have a 1 year money back guarantee. If you get a bad code they will refund you in full. You can take steps to safeguard yourself by using your gift card as soon as possible, or adding the code to your video game wallet where it will be safely stored until you are ready to use it.

Tips:
1. The most common issue with ordering is needing to be verified. Raise has very strict security checks and your order may be flagged if there are any discrepancies between your payment and registration info. This most often affects new users and you will need to call them to sort it out.
Raise customer service number is (888) 578-8422. If you call during business hours and it tells you the phones are down, it just means they are busy. Try calling again in a few minutes.
CAGs have reported the phone reps are usually pretty nice and helpful, but getting connected can be slow.

2. Using the app will allow you to pay with Paypal and will even reserve the card in your cart for 10 minutes. This is extremely helpful during popular sales. On the app, the enter promo code section is a little easy to miss, it's right under the word Subtotal in the shopping cart.
The promo code must be applied in the shopping cart. There is no review/confirm page after you've clicked buy!

3. Reserving gift cards is now a feature on the desktop version of the website too. After you add a gift card to your cart it will be held for 10 minutes preventing the gift card from being sold while you're checking out.

4. During sales the popular gift cards like eshop will go in and out of stock all day, so keep refreshing and checking back to get the denomination you're looking for.

Expired promo codes:
SEMISALE3 - Extra 3% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 6/28
HONOR - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 5/26
APRIL3 - Extra 3% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 4/29
LUCKY - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 3/11
EXTRA4 - Extra 4% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 2/4
JAN3 - Extra 3% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 1/21
SANTA - Extra 6% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 12/17
JOLLY - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 12/16
CHEER - Extra 4% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 12/15
MERRY - $10 off $75 worth of select tech brands. One use per household. Expires 12/8/21
CYBER - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 11/30
BLACKFRIDAY - Up to 5% off select gift cards (eshop is 3% off). One use per household. Expires 11/26
PRESALE - Extra 7% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 11/19

HEADSTART - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 11/12
HURRY5 - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 11/7
CRAZY4 - Extra 4% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 11/6
CLICK3 - Extra 3% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 11/5
BOO - $5 off a $50 purchase. 1 use per household. Expires 10/29
OCTBF7 - Extra 7% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 10/22
FAVORITE - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 10/15

FLASH - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 10/8
EVERYTHING - $10 off a $90+ purchase. 1 use per household. Expires 9/29/21
BEST - Extra 6% off everything. One use per household. Maximum savings $20. Expires 9/19
AUGUST5 - Extra 5% off everything. One use per household. Maximum savings $20. Expires 8/27
BFJULY - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 7/23
SEMISALE5 - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 6/18
SEMISALE4 - Extra 4% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 6/17
SEMISALE3 - Extra 3% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 6/16

DAD4 - Extra 4% off eShop. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 6/4
HONOR - Extra 5% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 5/28
SEVEN - Extra 7% off select gift cards. (includes eShop and Gamestop) Max savings $20. Expires 5/14/21
TAX4 - Extra 4% off everything. $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 4/18/21
DUNK - Extra 5% off Tech (PSN & Eshop). $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 3/23/21
EIGHT -Extra 8% off eshop, Gamestop, & other select giftcards. Max savings $15. 1 use per household. Expires 2/7
WEEKEND -Extra 5% off Eshop, Gamestop, & other select gift cards. Max savings $15. 1 use per household. Expires 1/31
SANTA - Extra 3% off everything. One use per household. Maximum savings $20. Expires 12/19/20.
MERRY - Extra 5% off tech (Eshop, PSN, Xbox). One use per household. Maximum savings $20. Expires 12/9/20.
CYBER - Extra 5% off everything. One use per household. Maximum savings $20. Expires 11/30/20.
BLACKFRIDAY - 3% off eshop and xbox. Other select gift cards save up to 5%. Check Raise for the full list. 1 use per household. Expires 11/27/20.
PRESALE - Extra 6% off everything (Eshop, PSN, Xbox) One use per household. Expires 11/13/20
PRESSPLAY - Extra 5% off tech and entertainment (eshop, PSN, Xbox). One use per household. Expires 10/19/20
TECHIE - Extra 5% off tech (Eshop, PSN, Xbox) One use per household. Expires 9/27/20
LABORDAY - 5% off select brands including eshop. One use per household. Expires 9/7/20
GEEK - Extra 5% off tech (eshop/psn/xbox). Limit 1 use per household. Max savings $20. Expires 8/7/20
BFJULY - Extra 3% off everything. 1 use per household. Expires 7/17/20
PLAYTIME - Extra 5% off tech and entertainment. One use per household. Max savings $20. Expires 7/3/20
CONNECT - Extra 5% off tech (Eshop & PSN). One use per household. Expires 6/16/20
DAD - Extra 3% off. Max savings $20. Limit 1 use per household. Expires 6/5
STOCKUP - Extra 5% off essentials (Eshop, Xbox, PSN). Max savings $20. Limit 1 use per household. Expires 4/16/20.
APRIL - Extra 5% off home entertainment (Eshop, Xbox, PSN). Max savings $20. Limit 1 use per household. Expires 4/14/20.
APP7 - Extra 7% off everything if using the app. Targeted. Only for specific customers. Expires 4/10/20

DUNK - Extra 5% off Tech (PSN, Xbox, Eshop). $20 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 3/17/20
SEVEN - Extra 7% off select brands including Eshop, PSN, and Xbox. Limit 1 per household. Max savings $15. Expires 4/7
PAY7 - 7% off when using the app. Select customers only. Expires 1/27/20
7APP - (Select customers only) Extra 7% off everything. Must purchase through the app. 1 use per household. Expires 12/30/19
JOLLY - 4% off everything. One use per household. Expires 12/21/19
SANTA - 3% off everything. One use per household. Expires 12/20/19
WISHLIST - Extra 5% off Tech & Toys (eshop/psn/xbox/gamestop). Max Savings $15. 1 Use per household. Expires 12/11
CYBER - Extra 5% off everything. $15 maximum savings. One use per household. Expires 12/02/19
BLACKFRIDAY - Extra 3% off eshop and xbox gift cards. Up to 5% off other gift cards listed here. Expires 11/29/19
PRESALE - Extra 6% off everything. Expires 11/22. One use per household. $20 maximum savings.
FIVEMORENAGWFV - $5 off $75+ purchase
FLAG - 4% Off Everything. 1 use per household. Expires 11/10
Select accounts are receiving a free $5 Raise Cash promo credit. Credit expires on 10/31 at 11:59 PM CST.
DISCOVER - Extra 4% off everything. One Use per household. Expires 10/14
EVERYTHING - $10 off $125+ One use per household. Expires 9/30/19
EVERYTHING - $10 off $125+ One use per household. Expires 9/27/19
HURRY - 5% off everything. One use per household. Expires 9/21
CRAZY - 4% off everything. One use per household. Expires 9/20
CLICK - 3% off everything. Expires 9/19. One use per household.
Groupon is offering $30 off with the purchase of a Groupon voucher. See my most recent post in this thread for information about the Groupon offer. Sold out 9/19/19

FALL7 - Extra 7% off. Maximum savings $20. Expired September 13th. One time use.
40RAISEAF - $10 off $40+ orders. Expired
BESTDEAL - 9/6 only. Extra savings on clearance gift cards (7% Eshop. 5% Gamestop)
LDW5 - Extra 5% off everything. $10 maximum savings. Expired 09/02/19
SLICKSEVEN - 7% off Nintendo, Xbox, Fanatics, Playstation and Dominos. Expired 8/29
SUNNY7 - 7% off any digital gift card. Max savings of $15. 1 Use per household. Expired 8/23
MIDSUMMER - 7% off all orders. Maximum savings $15. Expired July 26th at 11:59 PM CST
THREEOFFGMYR7Q - 3% off. This code has reached its redemption limits.
FLASH- August 16th only. 1x use code. Extra 5-10% off clearance gift cards (7% extra off Eshop. 5% extra off Gamestop)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that.
Did you at least get the automated, "We've received your inquiry" email? Maybe they are looking into it and it's just taking a while. Like SpraykwoN said, you should take screenshots of the error message you got to help with your case.
Hold times aside, calling is definitely faster, and they're usually pretty helpful over the phone. Just make sure you get the person's name if they promise you anything.
No, they haven't sent any kind of e-mail, automated or otherwise. I can't even take a screenshot of the error code now because once you report the card, it removes the card code from your order. I'm just going to dispute the charge and be done with these clowns.

I've bought thousands of $ in cards from them and only ever had an issue with 2 PSN codes which I chalked up to scammers generating and using the codes before I could due to wallet limit.  They refunded them without issue after calling.  I keep tons of shop $ on the app with them when sales like this happen and have never had an issue for what it's worth.

I've bought thousands of $ in cards from them and only ever had an issue with 2 PSN codes which I chalked up to scammers generating and using the codes before I could due to wallet limit. They refunded them without issue after calling. I keep tons of shop $ on the app with them when sales like this happen and have never had an issue for what it's worth.
That's great. I gave up on calling them after being on hold for over an hour. Also, they don't call you back if you select the callback option.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never had any issue contacting them.  They have helped me right away with the 2 issues I have had with them so far.

I have never had any issue contacting them. They have helped me right away with the 2 issues I have had with them so far.
0 success contacting them over a 2 week period.

I'm not doubting that others have had plenty of good experiences with them, but it only takes a bad transaction or two to sour you on them.

0 success contacting them over a 2 week period.

I'm not doubting that others have had plenty of good experiences with them, but it only takes a bad transaction or two to sour you on them.
I literally had to call them today about a PSN card I bought 2 months ago and they immediately picked up. Are you just trying to email them or something?

I literally had to call them today about a PSN card I bought 2 months ago and they immediately picked up. Are you just trying to email them or something?
I literally replied to you with this:

That's great. I gave up on calling them after being on hold for over an hour. Also, they don't call you back if you select the callback option.
And having phone support doesn't excuse them from completely ignoring e-mail.

Anyway, I've voiced my complaints/warnings, so this will be my last post in the thread.

Raise only takes Paypal when purchasing through the app. Kind of annoying, but it does work.

I literally replied to you with this:

And having phone support doesn't excuse them from completely ignoring e-mail.
The first email from them is automated, so if you didn't get one of those they probably didn't get any of your emails. I'm sorry things didn't work out for you.

gamestop.com does fyi. and they dont have the same customer service issues bee01 had with his orders on this site. honestly i'd just go with them instead.
Gamestop won't sell you a $50 eshop/PSN/Xbox card for $36, plus give you $5 off your next purchase. Most people will not have problems with their orders.

Labor day weekend: Use code LDW5 for extra 5% off site wide. Not valid on cash back gift cards. Expires 9/2.

New code for current users:

BESTDEAL - 9/6 only. Extra savings on clearance gift cards (7% extra off Eshop. 5% extra off Gamestop)

This makes:

$20 eshop cards $17.48

$35 eshop cards $30.60

$50 eshop cards $43.24

1st time buyers will still make out better using the code 40RAISEAF for $10 off $40+ orders on their first purchase.

40RAISEAF appears to be expired! I will keep an eye out for a new one, but here's a code for existing users/everyone:

FALL7 - Extra 7% off. Maximum savings $20. Expires September 13th. One time use.

Examples of gift cards at 7% off:

(Playstation cards are at terrible discount right now, so this sale is for XBox and eshop buyers)

$20 eshop cards $18.80 - After FALL7 $17.48

$35 eshop cards $32.55 - After FALL7 $30.27

$50 eshop cards $46 - After FALL7 $42.78

$25 Xbox $23.35 - After FALL7 $21.72

$50 Xbox $45.92 - After FALL7 $42.71

$100 Xbox $90.42 - After FALL7 $84.09

Not that great of a sale, but they do have 3% off everything using code CLICK. Expires today. One use per household.

For new members:

There is a Groupon deal. If you go to groupon you can find a $30 off voucher for $15. So basically you end up with $15 off a $30+ purchase. Must be redeemed on the Raise app. You can read the details on the groupon page

https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-raise-com-1?utm_campaign=1029&utm_medium=afl&utm_source=GPN&tsToken=US_AFF_0_1029_1327_0&sid=75105c98db0a11e9bc5432e1bb81e18c0INT

I've used these types of vouchers from groupon before and it will be a code you enter on the promo code section, but for this one you must be a new member to use it. And it can only be redeemed on the Raise app. Remember the promo code entry is in your shopping cart right under the gift cards. Enter it before you click pay or you will be charged the full amount.

Not that great of a sale, but they do have 3% off everything using code CLICK. Expires today. One use per household.

For new members:

There is a Groupon deal. If you go to groupon you can find a $30 off voucher for $15. So basically you end up with $15 off a $30+ purchase. Must be redeemed on the Raise app. You can read the details on the groupon page

https://www.groupon.com/deals/n-raise-com-1?utm_campaign=1029&utm_medium=afl&utm_source=GPN&tsToken=US_AFF_0_1029_1327_0&sid=75105c98db0a11e9bc5432e1bb81e18c0INT

I've used these types of vouchers from groupon before and it will be a code you enter on the promo code section, but for this one you must be a new member to use it. And it can only be redeemed on the Raise app. Remember the promo code entry is in your shopping cart right under the gift cards. Enter it before you click pay or you will be charged the full amount.
Groupon says it is not yet available.

Promo code for existing customers:

Promo code for NEW customers:
None at the moment, but new customers can always sign up through a referral link to get $5 off your purchase.

-

So that's been 3%, 4% and now 5%. Will there be a 6% tomorrow?...

Promo code for existing customers:

Promo code for NEW customers:
None at the moment, but new customers can always sign up through a referral link to get $5 off your purchase.

-

So that's been 3%, 4% and now 5%. Will there be a 6% tomorrow?...
sometimes it goes another day for a bit higher, sometimes it ends at 5%

but yeah there's almost never a reason to use a 3% or 4% off unless it's live & you really need something that day

New code good through the weekend for existing customers:
DISCOVER - Extra 4% off everything. One Use per household. Expires 10/14

New Customers:

Just a heads up, I think there may be a limit to how many of the $5 promos they allow to be redeemed each time they send them out. Last time they sent one I checked the expiration date of the credit and waited a few days to see if the prices went down at all. The credit ended up being pulled from my account 2 days earlier than the expiration date said it would. Not really a deal breaker by any means but something to keep in mind.

If they continue their trend of running sales on holidays then there will most likely be a sale tomorrow for Halloween.

These $5 promo codes they sent out expire on 10/31 at 11:59 PM CST.

Also, it looks like PSN credit has finally gone back up to 13.2% off. Eshop has tanked to 2.1%. Xbox is at 8.8% off as of this post.

Hooray! I found a good promo for new customers:

10RAISEAF - $10 off purchase of $50+

That means new customers could buy 3 $25 PSN cards for $55.13

This code may or may not be combinable with the $5 referral cash. Even if it isn't, you will still have $5 to put towards your next purchase.

New feature on the website:

Now when you check out on either the website or the app it will reserve your cart contents for 10 minutes. Previously this feature was only available on the app.

Unfortunately, paying with Paypal is still not an option when checking out online (it is when paying thru the app). Get on that, Raise.

Hooray! I found a good promo for new customers:
10RAISEAF - $10 off purchase of $50+
That means new customers could buy 3 $25 PSN cards for $55.13
This code may or may not be combinable with the $5 referral cash. Even if it isn't, you will still have $5 to put towards your next purchase.

New feature on the website:
Now when you check out on either the website or the app it will reserve your cart contents for 10 minutes. Previously this feature was only available on the app.
Thats much better than the $10 off $100 for being new (started today)

Thanks OP for the thread too.

Well looks like to $20 eShop cards are sold out right now so I'll just wait until tomorrow to see if there's another promo I can use. May grab a PSN card if eShop doesn't come back

The Halloween sale is only on select gift cards, none of which are video game currency :cry:

Use Code: HALLOWEEN for an extra 7% off select gift cards.

Banana Republic, P.F. Chang's, BURGER KING®, Express, Gap, Domino's, Panera Bread, Bass Pro Shops®, California Pizza Kitchen, Cheesecake Factory, Chico's, Cold Stone Creamery, Crate & Barrel, DSW, Fandango, iTunes, JCPenney, Kohl's, L.L.Bean, Old Navy, Olive Garden, Outback Steakhouse (Physical), Regal Cinemas, Sears, TGI Fridays, Ruby Tuesday, Applebee's®, White House Black Market, Buffalo Wild Wings, Build-A-Bear Workshop®, adidas, Cabela's, Famous Footwear, Jiffy Lube® Oil Change, Kmart, Lord & Taylor (Online Only), Under Armour®, Krispy Kreme®, Macaroni Grill, The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, HoneyBaked®, IHOP®, MAC Cosmetics, MLB.com Shop, NBA Store, Red Robin, Steak 'n Shake, NHL Shop, BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse, Destination Maternity, Chili's, O'Charley's, NFL Shop, Nutrisystem, Soma Intimates, Pei-Wei Asian Diner, StubHub, Yogurtland, Express (In Store Only), Fanatics, Kohl's (In Store Only), Sears (In Store Only), L.L.Bean (Online Only), Banana Republic (In Store Only), Planet Smoothie, Kmart (In Store Only), The Honest Company, Lord & Taylor, DSW (In Store Only), Regal Cinemas (In Theaters Only), IHOP® (In Restaurant Only), Gilt, Hotels.com, Panera Bread (In Restaurant Only), Royal Caribbean, Kansas City Steak Company, MAC Cosmetics (In Store Only), California Pizza Kitchen (Physical), TGI Fridays (Voucher), South Beach Diet, and Outback Steakhouse.

Daisydog, any codes available? Looking to get Stellaris which is %50 off on psn till the 22nd and I'm cheap so I can wait for a discount code ;)

Daisydog, any codes available? Looking to get Stellaris which is %50 off on psn till the 22nd and I'm cheap so I can wait for a discount code ;)
Nothing new for video game currency right now, but keep checking back. The title of the thread will be updated with any new offers.

It looks like the next calendar holiday is Veterans Day. Not sure if they would do a sale for that, but odds go way up as we get closer to Thanksgiving and Christmas.

They are doing a sale for Veterans Day:

FLAG - 4% off everything. 1 use per household. Expires 11/10

1st time customers are better off using code 10RAISEAF for $10 off your first purchase of $50+

Has anyone had success/failure with their referral program?
I sent a referral link to my wife, watched her sign up and make a purchase, but we never got our referral $

Been fighting with their customer service for a month now. Great deals on this site but pray you never need to contact their customer service because they take several days to respond then always come back with useless and often completely irrelevant information.

Has anyone had success/failure with their referral program?
I sent a referral link to my wife, watched her sign up and make a purchase, but we never got our referral $

Been fighting with their customer service for a month now. Great deals on this site but pray you never need to contact their customer service because they take several days to respond then always come back with useless and often completely irrelevant information.
Was any of the information she entered the same as what you used? Phone/address/payment? They're pretty good about catching on to people trying to create multiple accounts.

Was any of the information she entered the same as what you used? Phone/address/payment? They're pretty good about catching on to people trying to create multiple accounts.
Phone and payment no, but address yes. Dumb. They're not specific about things like that in their terms, but do put all the usual disclaimers of "we can shut you down for whatever reason we want". If that's the reason, it's still extremely frustrating that their customer service is jerking me around instead of telling me that.

New code for existing customers:

PRESALE - Extra 6% off everything. Expires 11/22. One use per household. $20 maximum savings.

1st time customers are better off using code 10RAISEAF for $10 off your first purchase of $50+. Also, don't forget to sign up through a referral link for the free $5 raise cash.

----

Current base percentages: (before any coupon codes)

Playstation - 12.5% off

Xbox - 8.7% off

Eshop - 1.5% off :cry:

bread's done
Back