* * * * - 2 votes

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint $49.99 ($39.99 w/ GCU) + $10 Reward @ Best Buy

best buy ghost recon breakpoint ps4 x1

#31 ritchardf  

Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:35 PM

It isn't. It is a Division clone. If you liked that game then you'll like this one. If you really enjoyed Wildlands then you probably won't like this. there is nothing remotely Wildlands like about this game. It is a Ghost Recon game in name alone.

The looting weapons is just like Division and so is the social space.

The best was to describe this game is Division in the woods or a $60 stand alone expansion pack.

wow, had no interest in this game, but now i am interested. maybe it will show up on ps now if it falters bad enough.

#32 neoz   I Know Kung Fu CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2019 - 02:59 PM

wow, had no interest in this game, but now i am interested. maybe it will show up on ps now if it falters bad enough.

Yeah if you really enjoyed Division then this should be right up your alley imo. I mean I have nothing against Division and I think that it is a good game. I just don't like how they basically rolled all the franchises together instead of keeping the games different like they did before. I feel like Ubisoft is being lazy and instead of actually trying to make a good Wildlands sequel they were like...we'll just use the Division engine and mechanics. :( But yeah check it you might like it. I think it'll be on sale for sure around Black Friday tbh.

#33 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14583 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2019 - 06:01 PM

It isn't. It is a Division clone. If you liked that game then you'll like this one. If you really enjoyed Wildlands then you probably won't like this. there is nothing remotely Wildlands like about this game. It is a Ghost Recon game in name alone.

The looting weapons is just like Division and so is the social space.

The best was to describe this game is Division in the woods or a $60 stand alone expansion pack.

Now see, I enjoyed D2 up to a point when I hit level cap and the grind got boring thanks to the corridor shooter feel of DC. This sounds amazing and now I'm leaning back towards picking it up haha. Guess we'll see with reviews soon.

#34 kicks   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   74 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 03 October 2019 - 08:41 PM

Now see, I enjoyed D2 up to a point when I hit level cap and the grind got boring thanks to the corridor shooter feel of DC. This sounds amazing and now I'm leaning back towards picking it up haha. Guess we'll see with reviews soon.

And now I'm more intrigued by BreakPoint as I enjoyed Division more than Wildlands

#35 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2842 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 03 October 2019 - 09:15 PM

Exactly why I bought Breakpoint. 

Wildlands and Division mix is what it felt like to me, and I like it. (just wish I still had GCU for that extra $10 off.. oh well)

#36 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3629 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:36 AM

ACG says wait for a deep sale. Got a feeling this game is going to drop in price as fast as Anthem. Still debating over my pre-order since I can look at it as effectively being $30 after GCU and the $10 cert. 

#37 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2842 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 04 October 2019 - 03:08 AM

Ubi won’t abandon the game like Anthem was.
ACG also pointed out that Ubi said bug fixes were coming already.

I can see $30ish by BF/Christmas though. My $40 purchase I’m fine with. I’ll be too busy to start the game when it does go that low..

#38 fredyyy  

Posted 04 October 2019 - 02:07 PM

If you're an Elite or Elite plus number I'd try calling the dedicated CS line. I did and they refunded me $8.60 on the order, which means I'll get the game for $39.99 plus $10 rewards points. I just told them the price should be adjusted because it changed since I placed the order, they said usually the system updates those orders.

so i also pre-ordered before my GCU expired. What was your argument to get the refund? if they said to cancel and re-order then I won't get GCU discount since it expired. and I will loose $10 reward. 

#39 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14583 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2019 - 08:25 PM

Just canceled mine. Just doesn't look like a fresh game and I'm in no rush to play it with Borderlands 3 still waiting to be played. I'll wait for it to be $15 or under to revisit.

#40 dontBlink86  

dontBlink86

Posted 06 October 2019 - 01:54 AM

ACG says wait for a deep sale. Got a feeling this game is going to drop in price as fast as Anthem. Still debating over my pre-order since I can look at it as effectively being $30 after GCU and the $10 cert. 

https://youtu.be/tCugHPzkwVM

From what I've played and seen, most of the actual issues (not just complaints about microtransactions), but bugs and such are fixable issues while the core gameplay is in pretty good shape. The core gameplay for Anthem however needed a revamp as bad as the original FFXIV did but it doesn't have the same fan support to help it survive long enough to get to that point.

#41 Killbomb   The Misanthrope CAGiversary!   3629 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 02:14 AM

From what I've played and seen, most of the actual issues (not just complaints about microtransactions), but bugs and such are fixable issues while the core gameplay is in pretty good shape. The core gameplay for Anthem however needed a revamp as bad as the original FFXIV did but it doesn't have the same fan support to help it survive long enough to get to that point.

I have until Thursday to pick up my copy so I'm probably going to wait and see if any patches drop between now and then. Give me an extra week on my Elite Plus price match window as well. 

#42 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2842 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 06 October 2019 - 03:16 AM

I’ve been playing for the past day, the core gameplay is great. I’ve only ran into a few bugs. I’m level 14 and have over 30k in game currency after buying a few weapon upgrades etc. the money isn’t hard to get from killing and looting the “objectives”
When you select an objective you can see the list of what you can loot, normally 1500-2000 in each place.
there really is no reason to pay for any of the micro transactions. They have removed the skill purchases “for now” and just have weapon blueprints and mods along with clothing/tattoos/paint.

Story, it’s not bad but not the greatest.
As far as single player goes, really only 1 main bug that I found.
Marking targets would randomly just quit working. I had to quit and come back into the game.

Someone had a great comment describing the game: it’s a mix of splinter cell, division, and wildlands. It’s not the typical ghost recon. Without a squad it’s different, more stealth and planning your attack. They heavily push the co-op aspect of the game to fill out your squad instead of having AI squad mates that get you into trouble like wildlands did.

I got into a helicopter and flew around the island to unlock bivouac locations, camp sites you can fast travel to, and I can see where they are going to expand the game, there are a few smaller islands just out of reach. And a restricted area that may be part of the game now? IDK, I got missiles shot at me pretty quickly so I bailed.
Not sure how exactly the island compares to wildlands but it’s huge. And there are a lot of underground complexes I noticed.

And those drones/helicopter/planes flying overhead... can mess up your perfectly thought out plan very quickly.

#43 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3247 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 03:38 PM

Same here, like the game so far, last Ghost Recon I got bored with early this one does have a different feel to it, and I love how it started.

#44 ppitchfork  

ppitchfork

Posted 06 October 2019 - 07:36 PM

Any word on when they plan on adding AI squadmates? Last I heard they would be added “post launch”. I’m definitely waiting until then to boot it up.

#45 snacks28217   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   517 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

snacks28217

Posted 06 October 2019 - 08:38 PM

Any word on when they plan on adding AI squadmates? Last I heard they would be added “post launch”. I’m definitely waiting until then to boot it up.

Don't you have friends?

#46 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4307 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:02 PM

No date yet. Ubisoft stated they'll say more about it "later in Year 1", so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

#47 ppitchfork  

ppitchfork

Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:21 AM

Don't you have friends?

In all seriousness, I’ve hit that age where most of my friends have kids and whatnot so video games aren’t very high on their priority lists, I guess. So, none that play games, no 😂

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: best buy, ghost recon, breakpoint, ps4, x1