- - - - -

Pokémon Sword and Shield Dualpack w/ Steelbook $119.99 (Target)

#1 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:22 PM

Target exclusive steelbook

I apologize if there was a topic somewhere on this already but I didn’t see one. I have a feeling this thing will be hard to find and ridiculously expensive on eBay at some point.

#2 chnandler_bong   Unofficial CAG Headless Mad Comber of Comb Mountain CAGiversary!   10674 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

chnandler_bong

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:34 PM

This guy?

https://www.target.c...ve/-/A-77696348

#3 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2832 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:34 PM

Wonder if you return it later if you have to return the free steelbook..
already have sword coming, but wouldn’t mind getting one. Not sure I want both games..

#4 bojay1997   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   6357 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2019 - 05:38 PM

Wonder if you return it later if you have to return the free steelbook..
already have sword coming, but wouldn’t mind getting one. Not sure I want both games..

It's all in one box.  How would that work?

#5 315Retro   Westside Wizard CAGiversary!   1426 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 01 November 2019 - 10:48 PM

Ugh I went with the plush Keychains from Pokémon center... I'd rather have this steel book I think. The Keychains sound like just a random toss in not a special pack in box. I know it sounds dumb but it makes a difference for Pokémon games if you're a collector.

#6 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2832 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 02 November 2019 - 01:14 AM

It's all in one box. How would that work?

The games are, the steelbook is many times a separate item. Bestbuy had the same thing for let’s go.

#7 NEO CRIMS0N   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   21 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

NEO CRIMS0N

Posted 02 November 2019 - 02:00 AM

Based off the box art they show with the double pack, it's assumed that the gold pack is included inside the packaging and not a standalone steelbook.  I suppose we wont know for sure until it releases. 

#8 mojarr0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 04:08 AM

Based off the box art they show with the double pack, it's assumed that the gold pack is included inside the packaging and not a standalone steelbook. I suppose we wont know for sure until it releases.

It has to be separate packaging. Everyone is getting the same double pack. The extras will be on the side.

***looks like my suspicions are incorrect. Steel book might come in package.***

#9 mojarr0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 04:09 AM

***Deleted Double post***

#10 Thebacklash   Now Drinking: Minor Case Rye Whiskey - Sherry Cask Finished CAGiversary!   2832 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Thebacklash

Posted 02 November 2019 - 04:10 AM

Actually looking at the two on target, the steelbook version kinda does look like it’s included in the package... damn.
Thicker than the standard double pack.

#11 mojarr0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 04:11 AM

Based off the box art they show with the double pack, it's assumed that the gold pack is included inside the packaging and not a standalone steelbook. I suppose we wont know for sure until it releases.

I cancelled my pokemon center double pack and got this instead

#12 mojarr0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   58 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 02 November 2019 - 04:13 AM

Actually looking at the two on target, the steelbook version kinda does look like it’s included in the package... damn.
Thicker than the standard double pack.

You are right. I didnt even notice that the box has the steel book pictured on it.

#13 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 13 November 2019 - 01:55 AM

Lol why the hell is this going to take until next week Thursday to get here when it just shipped!!!!

*First World Problems

#14 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:10 AM

Fuck I didn't realize that I chose shipping over store pick up... Will arrive between the 18-21. That blows.

#15 Fades   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   401 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:18 AM

Fuck I didn't realize that I chose shipping over store pick up... Will arrive between the 18-21. That blows.

I do not think store pick-up was ever available for this at least it wasn't for me.

#16 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:48 PM

I do not think store pick-up was ever available for this at least it wasn't for me.

Yeah it wasn’t an option, I didn’t see express delivery either for extra which is weird. I’m tempted to just go to Target on my day off and try to snag one when they open. They ad said they’d have limited quantities in store right?

#17 seraph011   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   292 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

seraph011

Posted Yesterday, 09:17 AM

Got an email that it is back ordered with delivery date of Nov 28.... -_-

#18 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted Yesterday, 01:30 PM

Same. This really fucking blows.

#19 IAMSAM34  

Posted Yesterday, 01:57 PM

Same here and I preordered on the 1st day it was available

#20 NeoMonk  

Posted Yesterday, 01:59 PM

target bout to get themselves a return, not gonna wait 2 weeks for this 

#21 Cangriman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   399 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:04 PM

I would love to have that steelbook, but I still have GCU so kinda hard to pass that.

#22 elyfant   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   129 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 02:47 PM

For what's its worth I just got off chat with Target and they issued me a 10% refund for the troubles. I'm going to have to try in store tomorrow.

#23 mossfan563   CAG 'til I die! CAGiversary!   1300 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 03:29 PM

My steelbook shipped a couple of days ago but it's not scheduled to get to me until the 21st -_-

#24 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12807 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 05:51 PM

I would love to have that steelbook, but I still have GCU so kinda hard to pass that.

Same here, had to pass on the steelbook since I have GCU.  I guess the free coins are an OK consolation prize.

#25 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   14567 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:55 PM

The race is on to see whether my now shipped shop4megastore orders arrive from the UK before Target can manage their incompetent distro team. I would say it's Nintendo screwing this up, but they've been consistent with delays and even oversold cancellations. There is definitely some fuckery on their end going on.

#26 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted Yesterday, 11:28 PM

Someone actually did an unboxing video for this dual pack and both games come in plastic cases like regular versions. I’m tempted to buy Sword tomorrow and just return my other one in the pack (if it doesn’t say “not for resale somewhere on the back of it) when I get the double pack.

#27 Evll33t   CAG Ultra Noob CAGiversary!   39 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

Posted Today, 02:39 AM

Well this blows, keep trying to order it and each time just get something went wrong, please try again.

#28 doodofdoods   Prinny Powered CAGiversary!   3266 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

doodofdoods

Posted Today, 02:58 AM

Someone actually did an unboxing video for this dual pack and both games come in plastic cases like regular versions. I’m tempted to buy Sword tomorrow and just return my other one in the pack (if it doesn’t say “not for resale somewhere on the back of it) when I get the double pack.

I just checked the back of my pokemon sun copy that was part of the amazon dual pack, and it does say not for resale on the back.

#29 ElvisTheGreat   Daddy CAGiversary!   785 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

ElvisTheGreat

Posted Today, 03:46 AM

I may do that as well. 2 weeks to play is a really long time

#30 DiaperDandee   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   212 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

DiaperDandee

Posted Today, 04:18 AM

I may do that as well. 2 weeks to play is a really long time

From what I saw they looked extremely similar on the backside in the European unboxing with the same case. I just don’t want you wasting money on what it looked like to me lol.

If someone gets it tomorrow and could verify if it say not for resale or something like that, that would be great.

I’m going to try and pick up another one of these dual packs tomorrow. I just hope it isn’t something where they get like 2 per store or only some stores have them and others don’t, etc.

If I get one I’ll come back and let people know what the cases look like.