* * * * - 5 votes

Best Buy Cyber Monday 2019 Deals (Yes, GCU stackable)

switch gcu ps4 xb1 blackfridayhangover

#61 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4059 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:24 PM

Is this a GCU diary?

way to deal with my GCU withdrawals......

#62 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3275 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:29 PM

No kidding, mine ended two weeks ago, definitely buying less games, will play more game pass games now.

#63 Cangriman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   406 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:37 PM

Well I didn't got too many games and none that I really need to return and rebuy to get it cheaper with GCU. Zelda BotW, and Mario Odyssey I got at Target $30 each so still cheaper, and RE 2 Remake jump in price, and Spider-Man GotY is OOS. Unless I can get to a store and see if there are any copies left.

Edit- Now I'm still undecided about Diablo 3. Is like I do want to buy it, but still not sure if I have the time for it. The same with FF XV Royal Edition.

#64 Zan-Datsu   CAG Grandmaster CAGiversary!   1250 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:15 PM

Nice, looks like waiting did pay off! Got Judgement, Medieval, Bloodstained, and Days Gone.. So much for my "no more backlog(s)" rule.. Bought waaaay too many games this year, think I'm set till 2021.. or at least till TLoU II, FFVII and Cyberpunk come out, lol.

#65 Gamer SDP   not much of a gamer CAGiversary!   4968 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:29 PM

GCU expired on my main account sometime in the spring, should have had another year added but after repeated attempts of trying to get CSRs to fix it but stopped trying years ago. Pokemon Shield/Sword preorder was suppose to be my last order, but apparently it "disappeared" from system and never even got an order confirm (did get a cashback clickthrough confirm from Rakuten though :???: )

Anyway I believe my alt has GC until 2020. Where can I check when it expires?

#66 Zan-Datsu   CAG Grandmaster CAGiversary!   1250 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:35 PM

GCU expired on my main account sometime in the spring, should have had another year added but after repeated attempts of trying to get CSRs to fix it but stopped trying years ago. Pokemon Shield/Sword preorder was suppose to be my last order, but apparently it "disappeared" from system and never even got an order confirm (did get a cashback clickthrough confirm from Rakuten though :???: )

Anyway I believe my alt has GC until 2020. Where can I check when it expires?

If you are logged in and head to https://www.bestbuy....ewards/overview

Right under the "You've spent" bar you should see "My gamers club" with the date of expiration of your GCU.. Strange thing is I know this works on Chrome but for whatever reason it's not showing up on Firefox and all I get is a blank spot in that section.

#67 BadWaluigi=Luigi  

BadWaluigi=Luigi

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:45 PM

GCU till April 2020. I have fever dreams about that impending day.

HMM Im thinking Sekiro will soon see a drop $20 pre GCU

#68 Gore   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   568 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:58 PM

Too spend a little more moneys.

GCU Anonymous

#69 Retroxcellence   Billy "Big Bang" Blitz CAGiversary!   1537 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Retroxcellence

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:59 PM

Tempted to get Octopath Traveler, but I'm pretty certain I don't have enough free time to enjoy it.

It depends, I enjoy grindy RPGs, it's nice stress relief and the portability of the switch helps a lot so I can play before bed, at lunch, or the bathroom. I have plowed through 55 hours of it. I enjoy the combat system but the story doesn't do much for me

#70 Electroplasm   Destroy Erase Improve CAGiversary!   1708 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Electroplasm

Posted 01 December 2019 - 08:59 PM

Got Spidey for $11 and Nier for $16. Wish Catherine was in stock 🧐

#71 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3299 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:03 PM

I tried to get a price adjustment on Shenmue, and was told flat out that they're not doing any price adjustments at all until these sales are over. Considering I was trying to match a Cyber Monday price, I'm totally out of luck.

I'm getting screwed on this game in ways that shouldn't even be possible.

#72 andycandy   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   246 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:06 PM

Buy new one and return it with old receipt

#73 fyrflash1969   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   426 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

fyrflash1969

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:13 PM

Missed Planescape/Icewind Dale on the list.  Picked that up and Baldurs Gate with the fleeting days left on my GCU.

#74 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3299 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:16 PM

Buy new one and return it with old receipt

That's what I was thinking about doing. But I threw away my receipt literally hours before we found out about this sale. I don't feel like dumpster diving in an apartment building trash can, and I have a feeling if I try to return one, they'll go by the more recent, cheaper price.

#75 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:30 PM

That's what I was thinking about doing. But I threw away my receipt literally hours before we found out about this sale. I don't feel like dumpster diving in an apartment building trash can, and I have a feeling if I try to return one, they'll go by the more recent, cheaper price.

You bought under your BB account right? There's an option to send receive a paper, email, or both when you make a purchase in-store. I always have them email my receipt. Maybe check your email or BB account to see if the purchase and or receipt is in your order history.

#76 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3299 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:35 PM

I already checked both. It's in my account order history, but I didn't get an email.

#77 NeloDiavolo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   387 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

NeloDiavolo

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:38 PM

I already checked both. It's in my account order history, but I didn't get an email.

Not 100 percent sure but maybe check if they will be able to look up your digital receipt via your account order history. Might be worth a shot.

#78 Optical   Go Big Red CAGiversary!   924 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 09:41 PM

I tried to get a price adjustment on Shenmue, and was told flat out that they're not doing any price adjustments at all until these sales are over. Considering I was trying to match a Cyber Monday price, I'm totally out of luck.

I'm getting screwed on this game in ways that shouldn't even be possible.

I was able to have them return it and resell them to me. If they won't do that then just buy it and return it with your other receipt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#79 jd7dawgzz  

jd7dawgzz

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:24 PM

Im looking at Baldurs gate remaster on switch for 24$ after GCU. Not bad for both 1 and 2 on there.

#80 Josef   Touched the dead CAGiversary!   12899 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:27 PM

Thinking of picking up Guacamelee One Two Punch Collection for $15.99 after GCU, but I already spent way too much over the last week. 

Guess I will have another day to decide.

#81 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3299 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:28 PM

Return/rebuy sounds like my best bet. I don't even feel like making another trip out there today, so I'll just return them tomorrow and go buy another copy right afterward. That way there won't be any questions raised.

#82 kaydigi   BK All Day CAGiversary!   1448 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 10:41 PM

Return/rebuy sounds like my best bet. I don't even feel like making another trip out there today, so I'll just return them tomorrow and go buy another copy right afterward. That way there won't be any questions raised.

Make sure there’s another copy to buy.

#83 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4338 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:11 PM

For anyone debating picking up Bloodstained, I finished It today and loved it! Castlevania SotN is one of my all-time favorites, and Bloodstained does a great job capturing that feel. By the end of my 35 hour adventure, my character had grown into an unstoppable killing machine. Well worth the current sale price of $20/$16.

#84 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3299 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:40 PM

Make sure there’s another copy to buy.

I looked today; there's plenty of Shenmue and two of the steelbook.

#85 MulderYuffie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1120 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

MulderYuffie

Posted 01 December 2019 - 11:42 PM

Thinking of picking up Guacamelee One Two Punch Collection for $15.99 after GCU, but I already spent way too much over the last week. 

Guess I will have another day to decide.

Same debating on it myself.

#86 Loose Rattled Gamer  

Loose Rattled Gamer

Posted 02 December 2019 - 12:06 AM

Im looking at Baldurs gate remaster on switch for 24$ after GCU. Not bad for both 1 and 2 on there.

Only the greatest rpg in human history.

#87 Goguenator   Optimus Prime CAGiversary!   1819 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:35 AM

I actually went in and they honored it! Had 7 different orders to do returns and then repurchase with the same gift card but in the end got $54 back!

#88 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   22942 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:51 AM

Ah shit... did not see this. Would have been down for S&S for $10. 

#89 Awkward Silence  

Awkward Silence

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:28 AM

How do returns/rebuys work when you used reward certificates on an order? Got one that I’d like to return and rebuy to use the GCU discount and one that’s actually cheaper on the Eshop, but reward certificates were used on them. From what it looks like the reward certificates were kinda spread equally across the entire order, so if I were to return an item would I get that portion of the reward certificate back as well or do I just lose out on that amount?

#90 jdawgg76   RIP Stan the Man CAGiversary!   4996 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:36 AM

I put several games in my cart and then got distracted.  Days Gone and Uncharted Lost Legacy went OOS and no pick up nearby.  Has anyone noticed if games have come back in stock after going OOS?

Only the greatest rpg in human history.

Agreed, but it sounds like the ports are less than stellar.