- - - - -

New Nintendo Switch Lite $139.99 at GameStop Store Closing

#91 Richter  

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:51 AM

I went to Chula Vista and the person working was being a punk, and said they didn’t have any switches even though I just called the store a half and hour earlier and another associate said they had them and no one besides one other person was there so we almost got into a fight other this nonsense.

In the end, did you end up grabbing it? Is there anything left at that store? I figured it be picked clean at this point. I've considered going, but it's a bit out of my way (La Jolla area)

#92 eminemobied12   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1101 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

eminemobied12

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:05 AM

Anyone visit the NJ locations?

Not worth your time in North Jersey. West New York store isn't liquidating, only moving. Hoboken and East Rutherford have nothing but some lame accessories for ds or wii and sports games. Nothing worth going for.

#93 Umyhoneycomb  

Umyhoneycomb

Posted 19 January 2020 - 02:25 PM

Not worth your time in North Jersey. West New York store isn't liquidating, only moving. Hoboken and East Rutherford have nothing but some lame accessories for ds or wii and sports games. Nothing worth going for.

Thanks for the info!

#94 now1   Banned Banned   200 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:38 PM

I never got it, employee was just mad that they were going to the unemployment line soon. F GameStop glad they are going under soon.

#95 GoldCartridgeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

GoldCartridgeGamer

Posted 02 February 2020 - 06:49 AM

Went to the Covington, TN store. They are not closing nor is any other in the Memphis area or surrounding area. They haven't received any word yet on closures. They suspect at most maybe one of the Wolfchase stores since they are right across the street from each other.

#96 Amonthar   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   679 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 February 2020 - 09:21 PM

Went to the Covington, TN store. They are not closing nor is any other in the Memphis area or surrounding area. They haven't received any word yet on closures. They suspect at most maybe one of the Wolfchase stores since they are right across the street from each other.

I don’t see either of those stores closing any time soon. They both have people in them constantly. The GameStop not in the mall gets overflow from Best Buy / Target / Wal-Mart and the one in the mall has a constant flow of foot traffic.

#97 GoldCartridgeGamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   381 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

GoldCartridgeGamer

Posted 05 February 2020 - 02:32 AM

I don’t see either of those stores closing any time soon. They both have people in them constantly. The GameStop not in the mall gets overflow from Best Buy / Target / Wal-Mart and the one in the mall has a constant flow of foot traffic.

I haven't been to either location in a long so had no idea their foot traffic. It made sense to me but if they have plenty of foot traffic then they definitely won't close. This info was from a GA telling me so definitely take with a huge grain of salt. Went to 3 stores the next day and all said no plans to close any Memphis area stores.

#98 blackid  

blackid

Posted 05 February 2020 - 04:12 PM

Nice info, thanks for sharing

#99 segasonic128   Segasonic CAGiversary!   532 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

segasonic128

Posted 05 February 2020 - 07:44 PM

good riddance gamestop!

#100 s0undwav3   Report Lazerbeak! CAGiversary!   553 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2020 - 10:41 PM

good riddance gamestop!

simply wish that was the case but that will not be the case as they are the only game in town in their lane.  no competitors to speak of - BB does not count.  their used game selection is pitful.

#101 Navigator2001Plus  

Navigator2001Plus

Posted 06 February 2020 - 07:30 AM

simply wish that was the case but that will not be the case as they are the only game in town in their lane.

Being the only game in town doesn't automatically mean that they'll keep making enough money to keep their doors open.

#102 inverted_fray  

inverted_fray

Posted 07 February 2020 - 09:06 AM

The Azusa, CA store isn't showing up on Google Maps anymore so I assume it's closed already.

#103 Am_I_Evil  

Am_I_Evil

Posted 07 February 2020 - 03:58 PM

The Azusa, CA store isn't showing up on Google Maps anymore so I assume it's closed already.

that last batch all closed officially on (or by) 1/26