Dualshock 4 Back Button Attachment - Walmart $24.96 IN STOCK! (YMMV)

Just checked a Walmart here in Phx, AZ and they had quite a few in stock. Bought one for me and one for my brother. Thanks OP for the heads up

May I ask what this button actually does? Just curious cause I remember first seeing it and thinking wow that makes the Dual Shock bulky.

May I ask what this button actually does? Just curious cause I remember first seeing it and thinking wow that makes the Dual Shock bulky.
You know how the Xbox Elite has the paddles? and the Scuff as well?

This adds 2 buttons you can program like the above. but using the DS4 instead of an aftermarket option.

More info

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/ps4/accessories/dualshock-4-back-button-attachment/

And honestly, I may just buy one from Walmart now. I took my paddles off my elite, but every once in a while I'll put 2 of them back on for a little extra control. It does come in handy.

Walmart SKU: 222869792

Brickseek https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=222869792

Last edited by a moderator:
you can map it to replace other buttons. I would guess the most common use would be to replace L1, R1 or L2, R2.
It's to replace the face buttons. Which tends to be the jump, crouch, or reload buttons.

With this you don't have to take your hand off the analog sticks to press the face button to perform any of those actions while moving.

This only has two buttons, and there are four buttons y'all "pro gamers" press with your index finger in the claw position. So you'll still have two to hit with your thumb. People really have issues pressing any of the L/R buttons? All six are the most ergonomic buttons on the controller.

I mean, I play competitive games on PC where we've always had enough easily accessible buttons...

This only has two buttons, and there are four buttons y'all "pro gamers" press with your index finger in the claw position. So you'll still have two to hit with your thumb. People really have issues pressing any of the L/R buttons? All six are the most ergonomic buttons on the controller.

I mean, I play competitive games on PC where we've always had enough easily accessible buttons...
K

Hold X, press Triangle without releasing X. (Or contorting hand) Keeping use of the R1/L1 buttons
Use the Left control stick and press the left/right/up/down crosshair without releasing the control stick, and use L1/L2.
Use the Right control stick and press any button on the right side without releasing the control stick, and use the R1/R2 button as well.

There's a reason the Scuf controllers and the Xbox Elite controller exist.

Sounds like you're well on your way to getting an exclusive Mixer streaming deal. Thanks for gracing us plebs with your presence.

I was able to get one. Did not come up on price checker in store but was able to buy no issues. Good luck everyone getting one, $5 cheaper then best buy as well. 

People really have issues pressing any of the L/R buttons? All six are the most ergonomic buttons on the controller.
They're really not. L3 and R3 (particularly R3 because I'm a right-handed trackball user) have really started to hurt my hands in the last couple of years. They're easy to reach, but I would not call them ergonomic by any measure. Being able to move the run and melee buttons somewhere else is fantastic.

A strange effect of the back button attachment is that it slightly tilts my hand position forward, which makes the reach to L1/R2 a little more difficult and kind of makes me want to move L2/R2 down to the back buttons.

I really hope they go back toward the palm grips of the older Dual Shocks for DS5, because the more finger-oriented grips of DS4 are a little wonky when you can no longer hold onto them with your middle finger.

Overall, really nice addon. I'd recommend it to anyone who wants back buttons or doesn't like clicking sticks. Really, the worst thing about it is that the button action feels so much better than the standard buttons that it makes me wish they had a front button attachment too.

Congratulations you win

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

I just picked one up. Not really sure if I like it though. As others mentioned it makes my hands feel “off”. Maybe I’ll get used to it though. Either way, not bad for $25

I was able to get one as well at my local Walmart. Still had about 5 left.

The one downside is that it no longer can be charged using the official charger but there are other options out there. We'll see how it goes while playing a few games.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

No back button at my local store. Wasn't a complete loss though as i paid, after shaking the dirty feeling, $16.78 for a copy of Ark: Survival Evolved.

I went to one store, didn't see it anywhere on the floor. An employee I approached in electronics of course gave no care about checking for me if they had it and just told me "the app you use isn't usually right" (referring to brickseek I assume, which she isn't wrong). Thing is I wasn't using an app, just had the barcode on my phone. 

So I left and went to another store, they had it in the glass case, got it easily, just a bit of waiting. This employee was miles better then the last I encountered from the previous store. I seen one person say on Twitter that their party / game chat couldn't hear them speak using this attachment, but they could hear their party. Will find out soon if that is an issue but last I remember that being an issue with using PS4 remote play, and maybe they didn't push in the attachment properly.

Thanks for the heads-up on this.  I managed to pick up a copy from my local store (3/5 in my region showed that they were in stock on brickseek).  However, the product was still in the back and not on the shelves (the employee that found it brought it out in a case of either 6 or 8).  I'll have to try it out this afternoon to see how well it works.

Either the employee lied or Brickseek done me dirty again. Store that supposedly had 6-7 had none, but the one with limited stock had three just chilling on a shelf.

Tonight, I start my pro gaming journey. I hope to work my way up to competitive PC gaming eventually. There I will "pwn" "noobs" with my "sick" skills. Bruh.

Depending on the games you play, it isn't a bad attachment but I ended up taking it off last night because it kept messing me up. So if you grip a controller too tightly, this may not be for you. 

A 1 second button press to enter the profile on the screen for the button config is too short as well. Sony kind of rushed this.

I was able to get one from a store with 3-4 stocks on brickseek from the glass case.

So I think you have a better chance at a store with 3-4 or limited stock, at least you know they are selling.

My local store had two just stuck in the bottom of the PS4 game display went ahead and got them both. I love it so far it is a really useful attachment.

For everyone who's gotten this, has anyone else had the issue where it turns off your ps4 controller when in game?

I've gone through 2 back buttons and 2 controllers. When I start certain games it turns off my controller after about 20 seconds to a minute. So far Uncharted 4 and Kakorat have both had this issue. Borderlands 1 it seems to work on every time.

Walmart.com said they are out of stock and no stores near me have them..

(Online said 3 left and couldn't order called into customer service and then site started out of stock lol)

Went into one today (Greenfield WI) and bought the last one. $25 :)

I found a store that had one. Bought it. Went to self checkout to buy other things. Left out at self checkout and went home. Panicked, and raced back. Nobody had it. I feel like a damn fool. I'm trying to plead my case to customer service right now to take pity on me, but i don't know if it'll work. Sigh...

Edit: they looked up the footage with the loss prevention person. They confirmed that I left it at self checkout and the person who came up after me took it with them. Then they politely told me I was fucked and there was nothing else they could do for me, and sent me on my not so merry way.

I know it's my own damn fault, but it still sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back