Resident Evil 3 @ Target for $35 in-store pickup

etcrane

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
How do you know they won't upcharge you for cancelling the other two games?
Not the way Target’s system works, it splits the discount among each title. This has been utilized for any B2G1 deal they’ve run in the last few years. What’s unique about this is that RE3 is still discounted to $49.99, plus the B2G1 discount. That may change shortly, so order fast.

I pre ordered 3 copies RE3 last b2g1 and cancelled two. It originally showed the prorated amount but upon shipping it changed me full price. Not sure why but that was my experience when they ran the last b2g1 and when it shipped yesterday

That's strange. I got Kakarot when it was $49.99 with the b2g1 cancelled the other two and was only charged $34. Same thing with Persona on Sunday. Did you check your credit card? Sometimes the website doesn't update but eventually I was charged the correct amount.

I pre ordered 3 copies RE3 last b2g1 and cancelled two. It originally showed the prorated amount but upon shipping it changed me full price. Not sure why but that was my experience when they ran the last b2g1 and when it shipped yesterday
Was that in the Target App that it reflected the change? The app has always updated faster than any emails, so might be worth double checking the order info directly.

Was that in the Target App that it reflected the change? The app has always updated faster than any emails, so might be worth double checking the order info directly.
Yes in the app. And I just checked my card statement online and it shows two different charges, the original charge I was quoted then an additional charge taking it up to $49.99

Not sure if it's because the price of the game was reduced to $49.99 after I ordered and they price adjusted it which actually increased the price. I'm just going to return it.

Idk how some of y’all are getting stuff for $35 last few times I did this with a $50 game I got it for 40 or 44 not 30 something

You can cancel right away. I've done pickup and shipping and both times it worked.

RE3 is $35 because it is on sale for $49.99. Did you have two $59.99 games along with the $49.99 game when you did it?

The cheapest game will always be free so even if you cancelled the other two it would come out to $43 after dividing it up.

Speaking of Persona, did anybody receive theirs yet? When i pre-ordered it was the Steelbook edition, but now it just shows the regular edition. I still haven't received the game so just wondering what they actually sent.

I had 3x $50 games And cancelled two before. Supposed to be around 33 but was charged $40 or something. Most of the time what they charged me is accurate tho. I guess sometimes they charge taxes for more than one copy even when the game has already shipped or delivered.

Also try to order stuff for shipping as regular shoppers who don’t know cag might want to get on this deal in stores

FYI- target isn't taking returns for the next few weeks so if you're going to try this make sure to do it through a cancelation and don't expect to return/prorate in store

Yup, deal looks to be dead. Glad I pulled the trigger ASAP this morning. I'll just sell the 2 extra copies locally. The total was about $103 after my red card.

This is a fantastic idea.  Thanks OP.

I'm actually thinking I might keep the games though.  RE3, Doom Eternal are obvious.  Not sure about a third though.  suggestions?

Speaking of Persona, did anybody receive theirs yet? When i pre-ordered it was the Steelbook edition, but now it just shows the regular edition. I still haven't received the game so just wondering what they actually sent.
Received Persona yesterday - it was the steelbook. I ordered it during a previous Target B2G1,

They didn’t have any RE3 on shelves when I came in but they had some in the back. So don’t be discouraged guys. Found persona 5 steelbook, doom and resident evil 3 and price matched two games for $50 but doom is $60 everywhere. So total was 110 divided by 3 = 36 plus with redcard. Good luck guys

Check your emails if you pre-ordered this with Target. I didn't realize they gave the original alternate costumes DLC from Target too!

I just gone mine this morning after picking the games up!

Maybe someone here can answer this question. Target sent me a game content code for pre-ordering RE3 but I have no idea what it is. I never saw anything about it on the page, and the email doesn't tell me what it is. Is it the same content that Best Buy was offering, which was a costume pack?

Maybe someone here can answer this question. Target sent me a game content code for pre-ordering RE3 but I have no idea what it is. I never saw anything about it on the page, and the email doesn't tell me what it is. Is it the same content that Best Buy was offering, which was a costume pack?
To my knowledge, yes. The two costumes (pre-order DLC) was the only thing that was being offered by retailers.

I would think it was the costume pack code. The only other pre order bonuses I saw was the steel book for Best Buy and the RE3 theme from the PS Store. I would think any codes would all be the same thing as in the costume pack.

You could always check if you have PlayStation. Go to ps store or on website and plug in the code, it’ll show u what kind of code it is before redeeming it. Then cancel

I didn't partake in this deal cuz I couldn't find 3 games I wanted, but I wanted to share my experience.

Stupid online chat rep wouldn't let me price match Control to $30 by itself, arguing that "per policy" they couldn't price match an item on promo. I explained I was buying the game by itself and not using B2G1. I think there was an English barrier or something because they kept saying that their policy didn't allow it, even when I sent them the link to Target's price match policy.

In-store, the electronics rep price matched with no questions asked.

I didn't partake in this deal cuz I couldn't find 3 games I wanted, but I wanted to share my experience.

Stupid online chat rep wouldn't let me price match Control to $30 by itself, arguing that "per policy" they couldn't price match an item on promo. I explained I was buying the game by itself and not using B2G1. I think there was an English barrier or something because they kept saying that their policy didn't allow it, even when I sent them the link to Target's price match policy.

In-store, the electronics rep price matched with no questions asked.
Had a hard time picking too but to get the best bang for my buck, I got 3 new releases, RE3, P5Royal, and Doom. Wanted Nioh but I definitely want the special edition more. Also Jedi fallen order but that came out last year, should get cheaper eventually.

Oh also managed to score a death stranding CE for $70

Had a hard time picking too but to get the best bang for my buck, I got 3 new releases, RE3, P5Royal, and Doom. Wanted Nioh but I definitely want the special edition more. Also Jedi fallen order but that came out last year, should get cheaper eventually.
Oh also managed to score a death stranding CE for $70
If I hadn't already gotten the Phantom Thieves Edition of Persona 5 Royal from Amazon, I would have used B2G1 on Persona 5 Royal, Resident Evil 3, and Doom.

If I hadn't already gotten the Phantom Thieves Edition of Persona 5 Royal from Amazon, I would have used B2G1 on Persona 5 Royal, Resident Evil 3, and Doom.
If you really want those 2 games, I would go for it. If those 3 are absolutely the only 3 you would get, I would just sell the regular persona 5 copy

Finished the campaign first time blind play through on Hardcore. So much cut content on this so I'd say wait for a price drop for more since sales were poor. Resistance mode was a poor excuse to this game to be rushed! 

I only got it at launch for the steelbook and I still regret paying $60 for it. Damn I miss GCU.

I should have just bought the steelbook by itself.

Did Target have a steelbook? I forgot if the steelbook was Best Buy exclusive or not.
Yup it was steelbook for all retailers I think. Basically a launch edition. When I first placed the order it was showing as launch steelbook edition then the next day the picture was changed and it didn’t say steelbook launch edition but they shipped me the steelbook. Guess target was messing around

I only got it at launch for the steelbook and I still regret paying $60 for it. Damn I miss GCU.
I should have just bought the steelbook by itself.
After hearing mixed reviews on the latest Remake, decide to sell it locally the exact same price I pay for it on Best Buy with GCU. Kept the steelcase for myself and basically gotten it for free. I'm most likely going to get RE3 when it around $20 or get it along with gamestop promo.

After hearing mixed reviews on the latest Remake, decide to sell it locally the exact same price I pay for it on Best Buy with GCU. Kept the steelcase for myself and basically gotten it for free. I'm most likely going to get RE3 when it around $20 or get it along with gamestop promo.
Good idea, the game is like 6 hours long. It should have been dlc for RE2Make.

I got it with the target b2g1 and thoroughly enjoyed the campaign despite it being relatively short. $40 for 6 hours and I will replay it on a harder difficulty next time.[attachment=34093:5D1148D3-79E4-40C1-BE5B-3E4689D17C0B.jpeg]

I got it with the target b2g1 and thoroughly enjoyed the campaign despite it being relatively short. $40 for 6 hours and I will replay it on a harder difficulty next time. 5D1148D3-79E4-40C1-BE5B-3E4689D17C0B.jpeg
Enjoyed it more than RE2 less backtracking, more action, better graphics, better gameplay but not as survival as RE2. I wanted to replay it more than RE2. Unlocked all the weapons and platinumd it. Good game if u got it for $40 or less

bread's done
Back