* - - - - 3 votes

Resident Evil 3 @ Target for $35 in-store pickup

#31 Zan-Datsu   CAG Grandmaster CAGiversary!   1262 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:40 PM

Maybe someone here can answer this question. Target sent me a game content code for pre-ordering RE3 but I have no idea what it is. I never saw anything about it on the page, and the email doesn't tell me what it is. Is it the same content that Best Buy was offering, which was a costume pack?

To my knowledge, yes. The two costumes (pre-order DLC) was the only thing that was being offered by retailers.

#32 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4306 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 03 April 2020 - 09:42 PM

Maybe someone here can answer this question. Target sent me a game content code for pre-ordering RE3 but I have no idea what it is. I never saw anything about it on the page, and the email doesn't tell me what it is. Is it the same content that Best Buy was offering, which was a costume pack?

I would think it was the costume pack code. The only other pre order bonuses I saw was the steel book for Best Buy and the RE3 theme from the PS Store. I would think any codes would all be the same thing as in the costume pack.

#33 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 03 April 2020 - 10:53 PM

You could always check if you have PlayStation. Go to ps store or on website and plug in the code, it’ll show u what kind of code it is before redeeming it. Then cancel

#34 DoWhatYouWant  

DoWhatYouWant

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:13 PM

I didn't partake in this deal cuz I couldn't find 3 games I wanted, but I wanted to share my experience.

Stupid online chat rep wouldn't let me price match Control to $30 by itself, arguing that "per policy" they couldn't price match an item on promo. I explained I was buying the game by itself and not using B2G1. I think there was an English barrier or something because they kept saying that their policy didn't allow it, even when I sent them the link to Target's price match policy.

In-store, the electronics rep price matched with no questions asked.

#35 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:18 PM

I didn't partake in this deal cuz I couldn't find 3 games I wanted, but I wanted to share my experience.

Stupid online chat rep wouldn't let me price match Control to $30 by itself, arguing that "per policy" they couldn't price match an item on promo. I explained I was buying the game by itself and not using B2G1. I think there was an English barrier or something because they kept saying that their policy didn't allow it, even when I sent them the link to Target's price match policy.

In-store, the electronics rep price matched with no questions asked.

Had a hard time picking too but to get the best bang for my buck, I got 3 new releases, RE3, P5Royal, and Doom. Wanted Nioh but I definitely want the special edition more. Also Jedi fallen order but that came out last year, should get cheaper eventually.

Oh also managed to score a death stranding CE for $70

#36 Biggzy32   Let's fight like gentlemen! CAGiversary!   1074 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:24 PM

Can I have $35?

#37 DoWhatYouWant  

DoWhatYouWant

Posted 04 April 2020 - 02:12 AM

Had a hard time picking too but to get the best bang for my buck, I got 3 new releases, RE3, P5Royal, and Doom. Wanted Nioh but I definitely want the special edition more. Also Jedi fallen order but that came out last year, should get cheaper eventually.
Oh also managed to score a death stranding CE for $70

If I hadn't already gotten the Phantom Thieves Edition of Persona 5 Royal from Amazon, I would have used B2G1 on Persona 5 Royal, Resident Evil 3, and Doom.

#38 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 04 April 2020 - 03:09 AM

If I hadn't already gotten the Phantom Thieves Edition of Persona 5 Royal from Amazon, I would have used B2G1 on Persona 5 Royal, Resident Evil 3, and Doom.

If you really want those 2 games, I would go for it. If those 3 are absolutely the only 3 you would get, I would just sell the regular persona 5 copy

#39 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:36 AM

Finished the campaign first time blind play through on Hardcore. So much cut content on this so I'd say wait for a price drop for more since sales were poor. Resistance mode was a poor excuse to this game to be rushed! 

#40 ritchardf  

Posted 30 May 2020 - 04:41 PM

Finished the campaign first time blind play through on Hardcore. So much cut content on this so I'd say wait for a price drop for more since sales were poor. Resistance mode was a poor excuse to this game to be rushed! 

thanks, 2 months too late, but thanks

#41 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4306 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 30 May 2020 - 10:21 PM

I only got it at launch for the steelbook and I still regret paying $60 for it. Damn I miss GCU.

I should have just bought the steelbook by itself.

#42 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 30 May 2020 - 10:32 PM

I only got it at launch for the steelbook and I still regret paying $60 for it. Damn I miss GCU.

Got it for $40 with target’s b2g1 I guess that’s y I don’t regret it.

#43 addicted2games   游戏玩家为生活 !! CAGiversary!   4306 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

addicted2games

Posted 30 May 2020 - 10:34 PM

Got it for $40 with target’s b2g1 I guess that’s y I don’t regret it.

Did Target have a steelbook? I forgot if the steelbook was Best Buy exclusive or not.

#44 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 30 May 2020 - 10:37 PM

Did Target have a steelbook? I forgot if the steelbook was Best Buy exclusive or not.

Yup it was steelbook for all retailers I think. Basically a launch edition. When I first placed the order it was showing as launch steelbook edition then the next day the picture was changed and it didn’t say steelbook launch edition but they shipped me the steelbook. Guess target was messing around

#45 EvilSena  

Posted 31 May 2020 - 03:36 AM

After hearing mixed reviews on the latest Remake, decide to sell it locally the exact same price I pay for it on Best Buy with GCU. Kept the steelcase for myself and basically gotten it for free. I'm most likely going to get RE3 when it around $20 or get it along with gamestop promo.

#46 VidgamesgivemeA_D_D   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2267 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

VidgamesgivemeA_D_D

Posted 31 May 2020 - 03:21 PM

After hearing mixed reviews on the latest Remake, decide to sell it locally the exact same price I pay for it on Best Buy with GCU. Kept the steelcase for myself and basically gotten it for free. I'm most likely going to get RE3 when it around $20 or get it along with gamestop promo.

Good idea, the game is like 6 hours long. It should have been dlc for RE2Make. 

#47 DrBayrd  

Posted 31 May 2020 - 03:59 PM

I got it with the target b2g1 and thoroughly enjoyed the campaign despite it being relatively short. $40 for 6 hours and I will replay it on a harder difficulty next time.5D1148D3-79E4-40C1-BE5B-3E4689D17C0B.jpeg

#48 Rick Astley  

Rick Astley

Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:52 AM

I got it with the target b2g1 and thoroughly enjoyed the campaign despite it being relatively short. $40 for 6 hours and I will replay it on a harder difficulty next time. 5D1148D3-79E4-40C1-BE5B-3E4689D17C0B.jpeg

Enjoyed it more than RE2 less backtracking, more action, better graphics, better gameplay but not as survival as RE2. I wanted to replay it more than RE2. Unlocked all the weapons and platinumd it. Good game if u got it for $40 or less