- - - - -

Is this site no longer that active?

#31 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3305 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 14 October 2020 - 05:16 AM

I still come to check out posts and, on occasion, will chime in and share my thoughts.

That said, yes, the traffic on this site has definitely slowed, but that shouldn't be surprising at all given ppl who use message boards are probably comprised mostly of Internet dinosaurs.  The "younger" crowds nowadays prefer instant gratification in the form of twitter, twitch, etc.

Those like us who are content to leave a message, with little to no expectation of receiving responses (or even caring) are a dying breed.

Anyways, I also love listening to CheapyD, Wombat, and Shipwreck on their podcast.  Easily one of my favorites and one I rarely miss during the week.

#32 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3135 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 28 October 2020 - 03:58 PM

It's really sad what the internet has become. Forums are basically done and you can't get a good discussion anymore. It's all about social media now and having a fake opinion, fake image, fake "friends", fake everything. I even hate the way websites look now with all of the huge pictures and most articles are now just clickbait trash or propaganda. Now I know why old people become resentful and hate everything.

Internet wasn’t that great before. You just had less crap IRL to deal with. The internet isn’t that bad now. You just have more crap IRL to deal with. Old people become resentful and hate everything because it’s easy and self satisfying. I’ve been there, done that and really warn against it.

#33 Tmega   No Longer In Training CAGiversary!   1234 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 October 2020 - 05:26 PM

The straw that made me start using the site less was when we/users would find deals/glitches or over valued trade ins and the guy running cag Twitter would turn right around and post it online for everybody to see and get the Fuck clipped

#34 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3305 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 03 November 2020 - 02:09 AM

I've been using the internet since the early 90's and it was a much better place before normies started using it. Social media is a cancer not only to the internet, but to society in general. Censorship and propaganda are everywhere online now. Even Google is now manipulating search results. Tracking is insane. I would much rather take old school forums like this where people can have actual conversations instead of low IQ crap like TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, etc.

Bravo. Agree 100%.

#35 caltab   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1649 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 November 2020 - 03:45 AM

Been a member for 15 years...don’t play games as nearly as much as I used to that aren’t iOS.  Been coming around again with the new console lunches and feeling nostalgic.  

The worlds changed, if you don’t jump on a deal instantly from a Twitter alert or those likes your usually left out in the cold.  For me though, I stopped using the site as much when it just became a bunch of super threads.  I much preferred the old days when individual deals got their own thread...way easier to find.

#36 IDreamcasterI  

IDreamcasterI

Posted 19 November 2020 - 04:13 AM

The internet (and the world for that matter) is being driven twords centralization. More and more people are driven to the big sites (twitter,facebook,etc) and there are less and less stores to find deals since only the big ones survive.

#37 JenniferMorrisonta  

JenniferMorrisonta

Posted 30 December 2020 - 06:27 PM

Most of the active posters were pushed to SD where there is a backbone and legal department, rather than bans. That's why deals are posted there first, rather than the other way around.

sounds very interesting