CAGcast #639: Everyone Hates Water Levels

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
The gang is back live on Twitch to talk about the PS5 reveal and all the games shown at Sony’s fine presentation.

Download (1 hr 32 minutes) - iTunes - Google Play - Stitcher - RSS  - YouTube

Show Linkage/Notes:
Intro - Major Lazer - Que Calor (With J Balvin & El Alfa) (La Fuente Remix)
Outro - Ira and Barry in "City Slickers" (1991) - The Challenge

RSS - Full CAGcast Catalog
Facebook

Please submit your show questions via CAGbag or Twitter.

Check out the CAGcast on YouTube for clips and complete episodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the kids are ready to watch "the Peanut Butter Solution".

And they are grown, they can feed themselves and walk the dogs, while I can watch City Slickers in my room.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yeah, that's why I keep a spoon in the bathroom" made me, somehow, in defiance of science, propel a snot rocket across the side of my cheek and beard, so concussive was my burst of laughter. Cheers to you, Wombat.

A few episodes back, someone asked if Mrs Shipwreck played games, and I was surprised that none of you mentioned CAG Foreplay! It's the whole reason I started listening!

Back when I was a fresh young college graduate, looking for something to listen to while I was at work, I googled "video game podcast" and read a bunch of listicles about the "Top Ten Best Video Game Podcasts On the 2007 Internet." At the top of most lists was "The Cheap Ass Gamer Podcast from cheapassgamer.com". I thought "cheapassgamer.com?! That sounds like the kind of website that some big corporation would create to sound edgy and independent, while trying to sell me cigarettes and bad real estate! I DON'T NEED YOUR CORPORATE PANDERING, CHEAPASSEXXON.COM!" so I never listened, instead opting for Gaming Steve (RIP), the College University Podcast (RIP) and some call-in show from Arizona AM radio where an obnoxious fat guy basically did a Rush Limbaugh impression for 2 hours while talking about video games - good, independent programming.

Luckily, one of those listicles mislabeled a show as "New Releases with Mr and Mrs Shipwreck." I thought "now that sounds like a good, honest independent production that I can get behind." I listened every week, and it was great!

Eventually, all the pleads to check out the proper CAGcast worked, and I tuned in to an exhausted CheapyD talk about having a baby while Wombat talked about getting laid or something. "Finally, THIS was some quality independent podcasting!"

And I haven't missed an episode since.

PS - Am I remembering wrong, or did you guys raise money for Child's Play, and one of the pledge goals was getting Mrs. Shipwreck to come on the podcast? What ever happened with that?

bread's done
Back