Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint - PS4/Xbone $9.99 Amazon.com

The fact not one person has commented on this makes me wonder if this is worth buying even at $10? I have read that the new difficulty customization and immersive mode that eliminates the looter/shooter part of the game has improved the experience. Anyone have an opinion?

The fact not one person has commented on this makes me wonder if this is worth buying even at $10? I have read that the new difficulty customization and immersive mode that eliminates the looter/shooter part of the game has improved the experience. Anyone have an opinion?
It's Ubisoft open world burnout at this point. It's probably a decent shooter but doesn't respect your time with grinding and wandering and it's not like there is a shortage of these games.

Also posted on the 4th when most people probably are not browsing the site..

The gameplay is fine, story is meh. But the biggest gripe people have... it’s a solo game, there is no squad like previous Ghost Recons. More of a mix between Splinter cell, The Division, and GR.
If ubi just marketed the game as a whole new IP named breakpoint.. drop the GR name and it would have done fine imo.

I had fun playing it, still need to finish it for all the achievements.

i would not equate number of comments to game value. read reviews, watch gameplay, and check price history.

Also posted on the 4th when most people probably are not browsing the site..

The gameplay is fine, story is meh. But the biggest gripe people have... it’s a solo game, there is no squad like previous Ghost Recons. More of a mix between Splinter cell, The Division, and GR.
If ubi just marketed the game as a whole new IP named breakpoint.. drop the GR name and it would have done fine imo.

I had fun playing it, still need to finish it for all the achievements.
AI Partners are being added this month FYI. They released a teaser today for them.

I ended up playing the game most of the time the normal way with looting, as that is the only to access the end game raid. You need to at a certain level before you have access to it. The game is only okay, but multiplayer should be make it better. Most of the quests are the repeating type, so you might get bored quick.

Will Walmart, Target, or Best Buy PM Amazon in store anymore? I don't have Prime so the savings would be wasted for me until GS puts it on sale again for $20.

Will Walmart, Target, or Best Buy PM Amazon in store anymore? I don't have Prime so the savings would be wasted for me until GS puts it on sale again for $20.
Target and Bestbuy yes, just do it via chat support since it will save you time and gas especially if your a red card member which go ds free shipping. From my exp, the local Walmart's only PM their own website, this started years ago.

AI Partners are being added this month FYI. They released a teaser today for them.
Just bought it for this reason alone. My favorite part of wildlands was tagging enemies and having the squad pick their guys off once you shoot yours. I hope it’s pretty similar

Shocked there was no mention of this game, or the big update that’s rolling out, during today’s debacle known as Ubisoft Forward. Thought they might at least mention it in passing to try and regain some community trust by showing how much free content is being added. But no ...

Target and Bestbuy yes, just do it via chat support since it will save you time and gas especially if your a red card member which go ds free shipping. From my exp, the local Walmart's only PM their own website, this started years ago.
Just out of curiosity can you even walk into a Best Buy right now? Haven't gone into one since first week of March for the Division 2 flip to GS; thought they were still curbside only?

Ended up packaging this with the Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Blu-Ray that I had forgotten to buy to get free shipping, also had $6 of gift cards through Verizon to help eat the cost of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity can you even walk into a Best Buy right now? Haven't gone into one since first week of March for the Division 2 flip to GS; thought they were still curbside only?

Ended up packaging this with the Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Blu-Ray that I had forgotten to buy to get free shipping, also had $6 of gift cards through Verizon to help eat the cost of the game.
You can go inside

AI partners release Wednesday along with the new event that will run a couple weeks.

I guess I wasn’t paying close enough attention to the stream ... or the update was in the pre-noon portion of the show. Either way, Ubisoft Forward was pretty rough ..

Price matched Amazon while in-store yesterday. May depend on the area, and their hours are definitely reduced, but they're open.

Does Amazon ship games via USPS, UPS, etc.? I live out in the middle of nowhere, and I prefer having things shipped in the mail since UPS conveniently loses my packages frequently.

Depends, I get both ups and Usps through amazon.

You can manipulate the order.. wait to order until it shows a Sunday delivery and you will guarantee it’s though Usps.

True Amazon is delivering in some areas as well, I thought FedEx's Contract was up.. Maybe they were able to get a new one (or also in certain areas like Amazon themselves)

No it went back on sale and it coincided with a trade bump at GS where you would get over double your money in store credit.

Depends, I get both ups and Usps through amazon.

You can manipulate the order.. wait to order until it shows a Sunday delivery and you will guarantee it’s though Usps.
If you have Prime you can designate a day as your Prime day where AZ will try to ship all of your packages that day so maybe try to have it be on Sunday?

Edit: Nevermind your AZ Prime Day can only be M-Sat

been 2 months since this thread started and it's still the same price on Amazon, hmmm?
No it went back on sale and it coincided with a trade bump at GS where you would get over double your money in store credit.
Yes it was 9.99 the entire time. I don’t know why you would talk out of your ass and say it wasn’t. I had it in my cart the entire time and made purchases at the beginning of the price drop and last week. You can verify the price history on camelcamelcamel. Today was the first price increase in two months for the PS4 version while the xb1 version has been 3rd party pricing.

I ordered this about an hour before Amazon jacked the price up to $14.99, seems that they are price matching Bestbuy.com

bread's done
Back