- - - - -

Nintendo Switch: Animal Crossing limited edition console available $299.99 at Gamestop

#31 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   2990 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 26 September 2020 - 06:51 PM

Target.com is showing zero stock in all the targets in my area.

So I was in the same boat around 8pm last night. I decided to call around and two of the locations had one in stock each, but listed as OOS. I’d definitely call around and ask. Was able to grab one at the one closer to me.

#32 spicoli420   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1048 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2020 - 06:52 PM

So I was in the same boat around 8pm last night. I decided to call around and two of the locations had one in stock each, but listed as OOS. I’d definitely call around and ask. Was able to grab one at the one closer to me.

thanks!!

#33 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16827 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 September 2020 - 07:10 PM

Amazon has blue/red version in stock oct 4th

#34 chubbyninja1319   Where's my stuff!? CAGiversary!   5475 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

chubbyninja1319

Posted 26 September 2020 - 08:19 PM

Got one for pick up at Target. This is going to be my daughter's birthday present, so this is awesome. She's going to be shocked!

#35 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2412 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 26 September 2020 - 09:25 PM

FYI these seem to be trickling out slowly in store at Best Buy too. I randomly checked again and there was one store in my area that let me place an order.

#36 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2412 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 26 September 2020 - 09:26 PM

I believe i also read somewhere (can’t remember where) that GameStops are supposed to be getting around 10 of these per store starting this upcoming week, and they’ll be first come first serve.

#37 yourmomsnewboyfriend   Deal skeptic! CAGiversary!   2141 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

yourmomsnewboyfriend

Posted 27 September 2020 - 01:46 AM

Why were these reselling for $600+? Are they really limited especially with this apparent restock?

#38 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3218 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2020 - 01:50 AM

I don't think any consumer knows exactly how limited these will be going forward. But it's possible this ends up being the last production wave.

#39 friggotha   Banned Banned   179 Posts   Joined 1.1 Years Ago  

friggotha

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:03 AM

I don't think any consumer knows exactly how limited these will be going forward. But it's possible this ends up being the last production wave.

In all the articles I read, including the blurp by Wario64 and the recap by Spawn Wave, I don't ever recall seeing anything about production of these LE's.

My understanding was, these were kept on reserve post-production, in case of massive issues.  With no issues Nintendo is dumping their horde in the absence of regular Switch's.  When you think about it, Nintendo can't keep basic dockable Switches on store shelves - why would they re-manufacture limited editions (production is already super slow).  Granted they will all sell nicely .. but ... umm..

My money is on they were made earlier this year and sitting around as a fail-safe.  And since ACNH was a huge success, this release of old stock would help reduce the stress for someone trying to find a Switch.  Nintendo comes out as the champion against scalpers, and makes customers happy!  Win / Win.

#40 Cloudx9  

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:54 AM

So every Target/Bestbuy in the Houston area and surrounding suburbs got plenty of Animal Crossing switches in late Friday/early Saturday. By last night it was pretty much completely wiped out. Geez!!!

#41 ChiefBrody1027   40th Anniversary CAG CAGiversary!   1379 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

ChiefBrody1027

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:02 PM

On stock at some targets Around me right now. For in-store pickup only. I'd act fast, Best buy had them yesterday morning. All gone later in the day.

#42 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   3218 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2020 - 12:22 PM

So every Target/Bestbuy in the Houston area and surrounding suburbs got plenty of Animal Crossing switches in late Friday/early Saturday. By last night it was pretty much completely wiped out. Geez!!!

Yeah I'm in that area. I'm just thankful that we had a pretty decent window of them being available. I don't think many people knew about them before the info caught a lot of attention on SD by mid-day saturday.

The main reason I feel like they manufactured more is just the sheer amount that was available. Seems at least equal to the original number of consoles available at release, at least in stores in my area.

Also I think the box is a little different this time. Could be wrong but I don't think the one I preordered 6mo ago had the blue/airplane graphic on the back of the box.
Edit: Probably remembered incorrectly. Looks like the box from initial release had the same back design.

#43 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16827 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 September 2020 - 01:02 PM

Yeah I'm in that area. I'm just thankful that we had a pretty decent window of them being available. I don't think many people knew about them before the info caught a lot of attention on SD by mid-day saturday.

The main reason I feel like they manufactured more is just the sheer amount that was available. Seems at least equal to the original number of consoles available at release, at least in stores in my area.

Also I think the box is a little different this time. Could be wrong but I don't think the one I preordered 6mo ago had the blue/airplane graphic on the back of the box.

Haven’t gotten mine yet so can’t compare. You should just check out an unboxing video.

#44 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16827 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2020 - 05:59 PM

Back in stock at BB

#45 Youngnoble   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Youngnoble

Posted 28 September 2020 - 06:02 PM

Back in stock at BB

Been available for store pickup at target too. Stores showing 9 plus in stock.

#46 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 29 September 2020 - 12:17 AM

I picked one up. Know if you play animal crossing on your old switch and want to transfer it over you need to go in game make sure backups are enabled under the - menu.
After that open a chat with nintendo say you have the old switch to a sibling or something and now it's currently broke. So you want save transfered to new switch. They'll want the s/n of both switches and they will walk you through the process. Way for nintendo to make something that should be easy a pain in the ass.

#47 TaraLyn  

Posted 29 September 2020 - 12:49 AM

I picked one up. Know if you play animal crossing on your old switch and want to transfer it over you need to go in game make sure backups are enabled under the - menu.
After that open a chat with nintendo say you have the old switch to a sibling or something and now it's currently broke. So you want save transfered to new switch. They'll want the s/n of both switches and they will walk you through the process. Way for nintendo to make something that should be easy a pain in the ass.

Have you actually done this? What happens to the old Switch? Is it still usable or does Nintendo Fuck with it somehow? What if you don't provide the serial number of the old Switch? Could they just download your AC backup from the cloud regardless? So many questions lol

#48 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 29 September 2020 - 12:56 AM

I told them it was currently not working. After it transfered over I removed animal crossing from the old switch nothing wrong with the old switch. I didn't say it was stolen and I made it clear it wasn't currently working. I'm pretty confident they just have to click a button on their side to allow your save transfer. From what I understand your only suppose to be allowed to do this once but I bet nintendo would do it again because it was stupidly easy for them to do and the representative didn't ask any clarifying questions so don't think she really cared if I was losing or not.

#49 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16827 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:53 AM

I told them it was currently not working. After it transfered over I removed animal crossing from the old switch nothing wrong with the old switch. I didn't say it was stolen and I made it clear it wasn't currently working. I'm pretty confident they just have to click a button on their side to allow your save transfer. From what I understand your only suppose to be allowed to do this once but I bet nintendo would do it again because it was stupidly easy for them to do and the representative didn't ask any clarifying questions so don't think she really cared if I was losing or not.

I don’t understand why you have to lie to nintendo. Shouldn’t it be as simple as “I bought a new switch. Please transfer my island to it,”

#50 geicorules  

geicorules

Posted 29 September 2020 - 02:51 AM

It should but this is nintendo we are talking about so it isn't.

#51 CheapAssDragon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   444 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

CheapAssDragon

Posted 29 September 2020 - 03:18 AM

I officially now have the old version and the new version and I can say with 100 percent certainty there is a difference between the boxes. The old boxes show the date on the back in the top left corner, year, month, day. The new consoles have the date month, day, year.

#52 arsenalcrazy8   As Cheap As Wenger. CAGiversary!   2412 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

arsenalcrazy8

Posted 29 September 2020 - 03:43 AM

I officially now have the old version and the new version and I can say with 100 percent certainty there is a difference between the boxes. The old boxes show the date on the back in the top left corner, year, month, day. The new consoles have the date month, day, year.

Well then this things no good.

*throws new animal crossing switch straight into trash*

#53 CheapAssDragon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   444 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

CheapAssDragon

Posted 29 September 2020 - 04:19 AM

It mainly just means the original ones might still be worth something to crazy people that have to own rare things. Besides that though, the new one isn’t complete trash.

#54 IAMSAM34  

Posted 29 September 2020 - 04:28 AM

Thanks

#55 Starcrest   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1025 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Starcrest

Posted 29 September 2020 - 05:44 AM

Any chance that’s just a regional thing, European dates are frequently printed differently from US dates. Maybe they just shifted extra stock around.

#56 Gollum   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   17 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 29 September 2020 - 05:48 AM

#57 CheapAssDragon   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   444 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

CheapAssDragon

Posted 29 September 2020 - 06:49 AM

Any chance that’s just a regional thing, European dates are frequently printed differently from US dates. Maybe they just shifted extra stock around.

I’m in the US and the original had the European date. It was a preorder one from GameStop. The only thing I can think of is they printed all the original stock for non-US countries, halted production, and then had to stretch their stock to everywhere. Or they did it on purpose so the people that originally got it can say they have a original and a way to prove, Nintendo likes to do that. But honestly, I don’t know why they’re different.

#58 Davem   Picture was the top google result for my username CAGiversary!   1107 Posts   Joined 1.8 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2020 - 11:15 AM

In-stock online for over 24-hours at multiple places - must have manufactured quite a lot! 

I'm hoping to snag a dock on ebay for under $50!

#59 Bing Chameleon  

Bing Chameleon

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:27 PM

Still in stock at GameStop.

#60 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16827 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 September 2020 - 07:47 PM

This is gonna hurt my ability to resell my old switch. :|