Final Fantasy 7 Remake PS4 $24.99 Target

darkchild81

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent game BTW, the plat was fun since I missed a few things first playthrough.
Loved the game and I really wanted to plat this but holy shit, I could not even beat some of the latter summons on normal and got my ass handed to me at the first boss on hard. LOL Definitely not a good gamer anymore... or I played it wrong the first time.

Cannot wait for Part II.

Loved the game and I really wanted to plat this but holy shit, I could not even beat some of the latter summons on normal and got my ass handed to me at the first boss on hard. LOL Definitely not a good gamer anymore... or I played it wrong the first time.

Cannot wait for Part II.
Youtube guides list what to use and how you can beat Bahamut before flare if you stagger him just right. I got it done in only a few tries once I got the chain right. I will say that I appreciated the combat system less by the end because of how fiddly it was. The constant micromanagement of all three characters was honestly a chore in realtime. I loved the solo fights though.

Can you play in turn style mode? Or is it as action oriented as new ff games have been?

Can you play in turn style mode? Or is it as action oriented as new ff games have been?
Time slows when you're selecting from menus but that's it. You can hotkey spells and such, but honestly I got used to not relying on them solely because I'd have moments where an entire fight would be ruined just because I flipped between characters too quickly and hit a spell I wasn't expecting to. Timing is too tight at times for mistakes, so missing a heal or a stagger could literally cause a wipe. For me, the new combat system was honestly a downgrade ESPECIALLY when trying to hit flying enemies when Barret wasn't available. My god I died so many times to just awful combat design; hated that.

Time slows when you're selecting from menus but that's it. You can hotkey spells and such, but honestly I got used to not relying on them solely because I'd have moments where an entire fight would be ruined just because I flipped between characters too quickly and hit a spell I wasn't expecting to. Timing is too tight at times for mistakes, so missing a heal or a stagger could literally cause a wipe. For me, the new combat system was honestly a downgrade ESPECIALLY when trying to hit flying enemies when Barret wasn't available. My god I died so many times to just awful combat design; hated that.
Darn it. I miss turn base jrpgs and turn based Japanese strategy games. The 90s and early 2000s we’re filled with so many great ones. I find the more action oriented new ones to be kind dull. If I want to pay an action game I’ll play god of war or something like that.

I believe if you put the game on easy mode, the combat can be played 100% turn based without the action combat.

In passing, the combat looks identical to kingdom hearts, but in practice it's honestly closer to Chrono Trigger where it's about aligning yourself in realtime and reacting in ATB turn based in tandem w party members. It's overwhelming at first, but once it clicks it feels amazing

Excellent game BTW, the plat was fun since I missed a few things first playthrough.
BUT do you recommend one play the original first on ps1 before touching this remake?

I'm torn since I started it, but I think I stopped once I got to disc 2, jus LIFE picked up and never got back to it..

However its always been on my mind to do a full play through of the original.. but now of course the remake has come out.

So its like what to do..

decisions, decisions.... and thats not even counting the fact that maybe I should wait for the inevitable "full game" release once all 3 parts of the remake are actually out.... CURSE MY INDECICIVENESS

appreciate all input and advice on this..

oNe

BUT do you recommend one play the original first on ps1 before touching this remake?

I'm torn since I started it, but I think I stopped once I got to disc 2, jus LIFE picked up and never got back to it..

However its always been on my mind to do a full play through of the original.. but now of course the remake has come out.

So its like what to do..

decisions, decisions.... and thats not even counting the fact that maybe I should wait for the inevitable "full game" release once all 3 parts of the remake are actually out.... CURSE MY INDECICIVENESS

oNe
Bro you don’t have time to go back and play the original and this. We all get time to play like 3 final fantasy games in our lifetimes. Go for the remake.

Haven't played a FF before. I tried the demo and liked the dialogue. Combat seemed a bit hard fighting the demo boss, but probably gets easier when you understand how to properly mix skills, spells, and blocks/dodges. Was able to pm at BB in-store (tried online pm first but they wouldn't do it since they aren't supposed to pm BF prices).

So its like what to do..

oNe
I don't see it as necessary. I remember quite a bit in the remake from the OG game, but a lot has been added/changed as well. The remake is also incomplete in terms of covering the entire game, so it's more easy to digest and reflect on what is surely a traditionally overly-complex Japanese narrative. And on that note, quite a bit is explained much better in the remake, even down to just the opening sequence alone when compared side by side. Whatever you do, just play it and have fun. Either game is a masterpiece and truly timeless.

Don't know about all current ports, but the iOS/Android version of FFVII gave you the option to start with max stats, so it was much easier to play  through for the story since you could pretty much one-hit KO all the random battles. I still think it's a pretty fun tale - not necessary to enjoy the remake though. I'm also glad to hear that the first boss whooped other people's asses - this and Doom Eternal were a 1-2 punch of "do I suck at video games now?"

bread's done
Back