- - - - -

12-Month Nintendo Switch Online Family Membership $19.99

Nintendo Switch

#31 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3807 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:53 PM

:D glad to know it stacks!

#32 plasmabeam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   520 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

plasmabeam

Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:02 PM

Ordered 3. Deal of the year. Can't wait to tell my friends they only owe $2.50.

#33 tonyvx  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:09 PM

Lots of weird flexing about "family" and "friends" in this thread. We get it, you guys have people who love you

Thanks for the post OP. Got myself a family plan Ya know, just in case one day...

#34 z3razerviper  

z3razerviper

Posted 22 November 2020 - 02:24 PM

Cool stacked 3 years.

#35 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1258 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 22 November 2020 - 03:46 PM

Yep. Just have to place three orders, which I did.

You don't even have to change payment methods or check out as guest. Why even bother to limit to 1 per person at that rate?

#36 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16522 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:08 PM

Come on somebody announce a single membership sale!!

#37 CGlade   Game On! CAGiversary!   295 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:22 PM

Got one. Worked like a charm. Make sure to remember to turn off auto renew !

#38 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 22 November 2020 - 04:55 PM

What's so special about this? It's just getting access to online play and the small list of NES and SNES games correct? Cloud back up saves too I suppose. I don't play online and have most of the games already. To share this, I give my password to family or friends? Can I game share with all of them too? Like digital games we've all bought?

#39 plasmabeam   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   520 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

plasmabeam

Posted 22 November 2020 - 05:05 PM

What's so special about this? It's just getting access to online play and the small list of NES and SNES games correct? Cloud back up saves too I suppose. I don't play online and have most of the games already. To share this, I give my password to family or friends? Can I game share with all of them too? Like digital games we've all bought?

You can add them to a "family group" on the My Nintendo website. You need to send them a code, which they'll get in an email, and then they can click the link to join your family.

If you get 8 people, the $20 family plan comes out to $2.50 per person, which is a stellar deal.

#40 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 22 November 2020 - 08:06 PM

You can add them to a "family group" on the My Nintendo website. You need to send them a code, which they'll get in an email, and then they can click the link to join your family.

If you get 8 people, the $20 family plan comes out to $2.50 per person, which is a stellar deal.

So can I gameshare with all of them too?

#41 DavidD   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   180 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 09:32 PM

You can't "gameshare" -- you do all get access to any Nintendo Switch Online goods, which includes:

• NES games
  • SNES games
  • Tetris
  • Super Mario Bros. 35

#42 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4618 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:16 PM

Gameshare can only work when you use primary and non-primary consoles, as explained here: https://en-americas-...nintendo-switch (I haven't tried this)

NSO family plan let's multiple people have access to NSO features, such as playing games online, cloud backups, and NES/SNES library. One person is the family plan holder and they can add an additional 7 NNIDs to the group. My sister added me to her family group after my individual NSO expired. She needed a family plan because her family of 4 each play Animal Crossing online. Since she still had 4 slots open, I asked to use one of the leftover slots rather than buy an individual plan again.

Btw if anyone is curious (because we were confused when we first got NSO), even if you share a single Switch with your family, each person needs their own NNID and family group slot to play online.

#43 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16522 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:20 PM

Gameshare can only work when you use primary and non-primary consoles, as explained here: https://en-americas-...nintendo-switch (I haven't tried this)

NSO family plan let's multiple people have access to NSO features, such as playing games online, cloud backups, and NES/SNES library. One person is the family plan holder and they can add an additional 7 NNIDs to the group. My sister added me to her family group after my individual NSO expired. She needed a family plan because her family of 4 each play Animal Crossing online. Since she still had 4 slots open, I asked to use one of the leftover slots rather than buy an individual plan again.

Considering the way ( I think) animal crossing works, does that mean she has 4 switches?! Baller.

#44 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4618 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:26 PM

Considering the way ( I think) animal crossing works, does that mean she has 4 switches?! Baller.

She wishes :P

Her family of 4 shares a single Switch. Each family member has their own Switch profile and NNID. They all live in the same Animal Crossing town as the game only allows you one town per Switch, each person with their own house.

As they each have an NNID with online access, they come up as separate people on my friends list, both on the Switch home menu and in AC's in-game friends list.

Probably sounds confusing to read, but makes sense once you live it.

#45 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16522 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:27 PM

She wishes :P

Her family of 4 shares a single Switch. Each family member has their own Switch profile and NNID. They all live in the same Animal Crossing town as the game only allows you one town per Switch, each person with their own house.

As they each have an NNID with online access, they come up as separate people on my friends list, both on the Switch home menu and in AC's in-game friends list.

Probably sounds confusing to read, but makes sense once you live it.

No I understand. AC only allows one island per switch. Which is why I thought she had 4 of em.

#46 io   ... Super Moderators   24860 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 November 2020 - 11:28 PM

LOL, not really (being a baller I mean). Having multiple Switch Lites in a household is no different than having multiple DS/3DS before.

My daughter is in law school. She has a Switch Lite just to play AC since the GC version was her favorite game growing up.  I got it for her as a present for her birthday early in 2020.  And now that she's actually at school (though not AT school if you know what I mean), it's been nice.  Then we got my youngest a Switch lite as a pandemic present.  So now all 4 of us (my son and I share one AC game/Switch) can play together.  My older son (in college) also bought a Switch with his own money along with Animal Crossing but he thought it was boring and didn't play after the first week - despite him also being obsessed with it as a kid.  That's 5 of us just in my family that have needed online features at least a little.  Plus my other son plays Pokemon Sword all the time and you need to be online for all the raids.  So the family membership has been awesome for us - even though I don't think anyone plays the Mario/Tetris game or the NES/SNES stuff.  And we even have a few slots left too ;).

#47 sociopharm02   The Pure Raw Uncut CAGiversary!   823 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

sociopharm02

Posted 23 November 2020 - 05:48 PM

Is this deal dead I can't add it to cart on  the Target website?

#48 io   ... Super Moderators   24860 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2020 - 02:10 AM

Is this deal dead I can't add it to cart on  the Target website?

It does appear so, yeah.  I had a hard time even finding it now and when I did there's no add to cart button - can only add it to my "registry".

I never got around to ordering my 3rd year (that I'd have to wait till mid-Dec to redeem).  Oh well, I'm sure I'll be able to find another discounted family membership before Dec. 2022.

It is out of stock at Amazon (not sure - maybe they price matched it), and is full price at Best Buy.  Can't even find it at Walmart - their site is such a freaking mess.

#49 AdvOfJet   Brotherhood of Darkness CAGiversary!   1643 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 01:09 AM

Just as an FYI

This is still available in store right now if they have the cards. Just picked up a couple at the local store.

Tag in store says good through 11/30

#50 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:26 AM

I mean, is this worth picking up if I don't play online and already have most of those games already? I guess I can hope more games and other systems can add it to the online but I just don't know me and my friends would even use it.

#51 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4618 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 November 2020 - 10:45 AM

I mean, is this worth picking up if I don't play online and already have most of those games already? I guess I can hope more games and other systems can add it to the online but I just don't know me and my friends would even use it.

If you don't care about playing online or the NES/SNES library, then you can pass on NSO. The only other benefit I can think of is automatic cloud backups, which would protect you from losing game saves if your Switch breaks.

#52 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   841 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:21 PM

Bought this to split with a friend. I set it up on my account as primary and sent him an invite via email. Easy enough. But how do I handle it if he wants to give one of his kids’ accounts access? I imagine I’m still treated as the “parent” but does that mean I have to approve purchases for them? Is there an easy way to add kid accounts to NSO family if those kids aren’t *your* kids?

#53 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4618 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:23 PM

Bought this to split with a friend. I set it up on my account as primary and sent him an invite via email. Easy enough. But how do I handle it if he wants to give one of his kids’ accounts access? I imagine I’m still treated as the “parent” but does that mean I have to approve purchases for them? Is there an easy way to add kid accounts to NSO family if those kids aren’t *your* kids?

Your NSO family group can me managed in your Nintendo account. Simply add NNIDs of whoever you want to join. Nintendo has kid accounts as an option when creating an NNID. You will not have to manage their purchases. All you do is control the list of who is in your NSO family group.

#54 easper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   841 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 November 2020 - 02:27 PM

Your NSO family group can me managed in your Nintendo account. Simply add NNIDs of whoever you want to join. Nintendo has kid accounts as an option when creating an NNID. You will not have to manage their purchases. All you do is control the list of who is in your NSO family group.

Thank you!

#55 buckythekat   dv8 King of Concerns CAGiversary!   3251 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

buckythekat

Posted 28 November 2020 - 05:12 PM

Just as an FYI

This is still available in store right now if they have the cards. Just picked up a couple at the local store.

Tag in store says good through 11/30

do you know what the SKU is for in-store to check on BrickSeek?

edit: so I picked 2 up in store near me where they had plenty of cards since it ends up the code prints on your receipt

the DPCI number is the same as the Target.com one but I can confirm it will ring up just fine in store and both of the codes printed on my receipt without issue

#56 Dojorkan   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   432 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2020 - 07:17 PM

As nice as this is, its kinda odd that nowhere seems to have the single memberships on discount.

#57 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 29 November 2020 - 04:15 PM

If you don't care about playing online or the NES/SNES library, then you can pass on NSO. The only other benefit I can think of is automatic cloud backups, which would protect you from losing game saves if your Switch breaks.

Yeah. Still debating on this.

#58 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted Yesterday, 05:58 AM

I decided to buy it and it's no longer on sale haha. You snooze you lose😁

#59 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   789 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted Yesterday, 07:35 AM

I know this isn’t sale thread but seen a couple people say they couldn’t get this. 

Bought one last week and realized I don’t need the family code. My kid plays games on my account (mainly AC which I don’t play). 

have a code to sell for what I paid 19.99 if anyone wants it.