* * * - - 5 votes

15% off PSN and XBL purchases when paying via Cash App

#31 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 14 April 2021 - 09:54 PM

Was still 5% back on a single purchase on PSN but I think there may be a glitch as it took $5 off instead!

Lucky ducky, I still only got 5% off just now.

#32 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6692 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2021 - 05:41 PM

Back this week for me at 25% off one purchase - however, even after using it, it still shows the Boost available. Haven't tried multiple transactions.

#33 therogueheero   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   40 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

therogueheero

Posted 14 May 2021 - 08:26 PM

I just used it and it give me a new one.

#34 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6692 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2021 - 08:27 PM

I just used it and it give me a new one.

report back if you use the additional - I haven't tried it yet.

#35 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 14 May 2021 - 08:57 PM

25% off PSN and Xbox this week.  Holy shit!

#36 SoulEdgeVII   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   763 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

SoulEdgeVII

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:15 PM

25% off PSN and Xbox this week.  Holy shit!

Does 25% off one purchase mean one item or one full cart purchase?

#37 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:50 PM

Does 25% off one purchase mean one item or one full cart purchase?

One full cart purchase up to $30 worth ($7.50 discount)

#38 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6692 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2021 - 10:59 PM

One full cart purchase up to $30 worth ($7.50 discount)

try using it once - it pops back up again after.

#39 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10998 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 04:04 PM

Doesn’t seem to work twice. Tried a second time with just enough funds to cover the game at $7.50 less and it didn’t work.

#40 DtroitPunk  

DtroitPunk

Posted 15 May 2021 - 06:55 PM

I personally wouldn't trust these guys.

I got a mailer, complete with a debit card with my name on it from them.

The thing is, I didn't even know what it was and never opened an account.

Apparently, there is a scam being run?  ABC ran a story on it.  https://6abc.com/cas...ney-my/5952458/

I've found ZERO evidence that anyone opened an account using my information.  I believe that Cash App themselves are sending out unsolicited cards and trying to get large amounts of new users...

Either way, I filed BBB, IN attorney general, and FTC complaints that have been ignored thus far (about a month); though I've placed freezes on my credit files, JIC.

#41 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15262 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2021 - 08:49 PM

I personally wouldn't trust these guys.

I got a mailer, complete with a debit card with my name on it from them.

The thing is, I didn't even know what it was and never opened an account.

Apparently, there is a scam being run?  ABC ran a story on it.  https://6abc.com/cas...ney-my/5952458/

I've found ZERO evidence that anyone opened an account using my information.  I believe that Cash App themselves are sending out unsolicited cards and trying to get large amounts of new users...

Either way, I filed BBB, IN attorney general, and FTC complaints that have been ignored thus far (about a month); though I've placed freezes on my credit files, JIC.

Cash App itself isn't a scam. It's run by Square, Inc., and backed by Sutton Bank out of Ohio.

People are being scammed USING the Cash App, since it doesn't have the greatest security and is incredibly simple to set up. Easier than Venmo. Someone could have hacked your account and registered for a debit card, or the terms and agreements could have specified you'd get one. You DO NOT need to deposit any money to get the debit card.

My friends have been using Cash App for a few years now (well, pre-COVID) to receive payment from venues for music gigs. It's pretty widely used.

#42 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 16 May 2021 - 04:41 AM

try using it once - it pops back up again after.

Damn, tried that and the boost did pop back up, but it didn't take effect on the second purchase. Charged me full price on that one even though the boost was still selected on the Boosts screen. The transaction history said the boost can only be used once per hour. Tempted to try again now that a couple more hours have passed since that happened...

Edit: did it and it worked now that over an hour passed! Woooo. So the thing is to make sure you wait at least an hour between uses, even though the Boosts page doesn't explicitly say that.

#43 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6737 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2021 - 09:30 AM

Works multiple times, just need to wait 1 hour between uses. Can also use it to buy $25 in PSN credit via the PSN Website. I got $225 PSN credit for 25% off that way. Probably going to get the full $250 (that is the wallet limit of PSN)

#44 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 16 May 2021 - 02:05 PM

Works multiple times, just need to wait 1 hour between uses. Can also use it to buy $25 in PSN credit via the PSN Website. I got $225 PSN credit for 25% off that way. Probably going to get the full $250 (that is the wallet limit of PSN)

Same, that's what I'm doing now
Adding funds via the website gives me an error for some reason, but adding funds via ps5 is working.

#45 Shadow Cloud   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Shadow Cloud

Posted 16 May 2021 - 02:18 PM

I'm rather surprised this can be used multiple times. Looks like I'll be buying multiple games and pre-ordering this week.

#46 Sielanas  

Posted 16 May 2021 - 03:07 PM

I've been thinking about a headset, I don't mind waiting for shipping if I can stack discounted credit.

#47 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10998 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2021 - 04:28 PM

Keep adding money to PSN but can’t seem to get the Xbox one to work on credit a second time. Will work on games (used it and some MS credit to preorder Biomutant) but can’t get it to work adding more credit. Any tricks to get it to work multiple times on Xbox credit?

#48 Shadow Cloud   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   166 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Shadow Cloud

Posted 16 May 2021 - 04:33 PM

When using the PSN boost, remember to remove it after using it then add it back later. Even though I had it active, my boost didn't count when I tried to add $25 in PSN funds an hour after initially using it.

#49 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 16 May 2021 - 04:33 PM

Keep adding money to PSN but can’t seem to get the Xbox one to work on credit a second time. Will work on games (used it and some MS credit to preorder Biomutant) but can’t get it to work adding more credit. Any tricks to get it to work multiple times on Xbox credit?

Hmm if you look at the transaction history and click into it, it might tell you some info about why the boost wasn't applied.  At least that's where it showed me info about the PSN one being on cooldown when I made the mistake of using it before an hour had gone by.

#50 djsmf435   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2021 - 04:49 PM

This may sound dumb, but do I just buy a PSN/XBOX through sony/Microsoft using the Cash App card?

#51 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6692 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2021 - 05:39 PM

This may sound dumb, but do I just buy a PSN/XBOX through sony/Microsoft using the Cash App card?

Yes, any transaction through either Sony/MS with your Cash App Card with the respective Boost added.

#52 djsmf435   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   443 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2021 - 06:07 PM

Thank you!

#53 DtroitPunk  

DtroitPunk

Posted 16 May 2021 - 07:02 PM

Cash App itself isn't a scam. It's run by Square, Inc., and backed by Sutton Bank out of Ohio.

People are being scammed USING the Cash App, since it doesn't have the greatest security and is incredibly simple to set up. Easier than Venmo. Someone could have hacked your account and registered for a debit card, or the terms and agreements could have specified you'd get one. You DO NOT need to deposit any money to get the debit card.

My friends have been using Cash App for a few years now (well, pre-COVID) to receive payment from venues for music gigs. It's pretty widely used.

Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I might've been.

I was not saying Cash App was a scam.  I do, however, think they are engaged in questionable tactics to inflate user numbers. 

I've done a dark web scan as well as looking at all my reports.  There's no evidence my SS has been compromised, so why did I get a CA debit card in the mail to my address with my name on it?

I think they were hoping that I'd use it or link funding to it.  The whole thing is highly suspect.

#54 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10998 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2021 - 07:38 PM

Where are you guys ordering credit for Xbox from? All I know is the gift cards from the MS site. And it isn’t working there.

Works for games on the Xbox site but not Xbox gift cards on MS. And, yes, it’s been hours since my last purchase.

#55 Flash15   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   6692 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2021 - 08:43 PM

Where are you guys ordering credit for Xbox from? All I know is the gift cards from the MS site. And it isn’t working there.

Works for games on the Xbox site but not Xbox gift cards on MS. And, yes, it’s been hours since my last purchase.

I did my first two from the MS site directly, with the 'Xbox Digital Code' item. First 2 were charged by Xbox, and worked. The third was charged by Microsoft and didn't trigger the Boost. 

#56 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10998 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2021 - 08:50 PM

I did my first two from the MS site directly, with the 'Xbox Digital Code' item. First 2 were charged by Xbox, and worked. The third was charged by Microsoft and didn't trigger the Boost.

Weird. Maybe the changed it and it’s no longer working on the MS site.

#57 Blade   This is the way CAGiversary!   15262 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2021 - 11:04 PM

The maximum amount off from your order is $7.50. Your 25% off is effectively only working on the first $30 you spend, so you'd only get $7.50 off those big purchases.

#58 Sielanas  

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:27 AM

Hmm if you look at the transaction history and click into it, it might tell you some info about why the boost wasn't applied.  At least that's where it showed me info about the PSN one being on cooldown when I made the mistake of using it before an hour had gone by.

I'm 0/2 on Xbox, $30 and 20 spacebucks, 12+ hours apart. Mine still show pending but they took all the money.

You stack enough credit through buying it $30 at a time and then pray for the console to come in stock. Yes, you can get a machine for 25% off, I did it for an X1X back when it launched.

Signing up was disgustingly easy. Outside of the verification text everything else seems like it could be done for something else. Yes, the text can be faked too, but wouldn't it satill go to the intended recipient? I'm reading it as you get sent the physical card no matter what and can use the virtual right away, like what Google Wallet did before they abandoned it.

#59 jsub   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   115 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2021 - 04:57 PM

I tried using CashApp on PSN a long while ago and the boost didn't apply, so I never tried it again since. I use CashApp on other things all the time (restaurants, bitcoin boosts, etc.)

Want to make sure I understand how you guys are getting it to work for Playstation.

Do you Add Funds with the CashApp card through your PS4/PS5 console itself or through the playstation.com website (payment management-> add funds)?

Thanks!

#60 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 17 May 2021 - 06:27 PM

I tried using CashApp on PSN a long while ago and the boost didn't apply, so I never tried it again since. I use CashApp on other things all the time (restaurants, bitcoin boosts, etc.)

Want to make sure I understand how you guys are getting it to work for Playstation.

Do you Add Funds with the CashApp card through your PS4/PS5 console itself or through the playstation.com website (payment management-> add funds)?

Thanks!

I use Add Funds on the PS5 console itself, but I've used the website too. The website just errors for me when I try to add funds there now, for some reason, but that seems to be affecting only me. The boost should work on both website and console, and it works for both adding funds to wallet and for checking out a cart of games.

Sounds like you did everything right.