* * * - - 5 votes

15% off PSN and XBL purchases when paying via Cash App

#61 Saix_XIII   Video Game Addict CAGiversary!   6737 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2021 - 09:58 PM

I use Add Funds on the PS5 console itself, but I've used the website too. The website just errors for me when I try to add funds there now, for some reason, but that seems to be affecting only me. The boost should work on both website and console, and it works for both adding funds to wallet and for checking out a cart of games.

Sounds like you did everything right.

How did you add via the console? Trying to find that option.

EDIT: Just found it under settings of the console and not in the PS Store on the console. Weird place for it to be but it worked. No errors at all.

#62 Josh1billion   Josh x1,000,000,000 CAGiversary!   2289 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Josh1billion

Posted 19 May 2021 - 02:15 PM

Only two days left.  I'm maxing out my wallet...who knows if/when the 25% off deal will be back.

#63 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3851 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 19 May 2021 - 03:41 PM

I personally wouldn't trust these guys.

I got a mailer, complete with a debit card with my name on it from them.

The thing is, I didn't even know what it was and never opened an account.

Apparently, there is a scam being run?  ABC ran a story on it.  https://6abc.com/cas...ney-my/5952458/

I've found ZERO evidence that anyone opened an account using my information.  I believe that Cash App themselves are sending out unsolicited cards and trying to get large amounts of new users...

Either way, I filed BBB, IN attorney general, and FTC complaints that have been ignored thus far (about a month); though I've placed freezes on my credit files, JIC.

The cashapp is a "debit card" for your cashapp account.  If I recall correctly, it doesn't require any credit check what-so-ever to obtain and you have to first add funds to your cashapp account to withdraw from it.  It is literally just a way to use your cashapp funds anywhere you can use a card (though it's been a while since I signed up). I wouldn't worry too much about this honestly if you aren't seeing unexplained charges in your cashapp/bank account (though maybe worth updating a password). Maybe a bit shady to send you a card without it being requested but since it doesn't require a credit check or anything and some test internally probably found that Cashapp users were like 40% more likely to use cashapp if they had a card available to them, I could see them sending it out to users. 

Obviously, all of that is not true if you see any other activity on your cashapp account that looks suspect and make sure the "require biometrics or cash ping to transfer funds" setting is enabled. 

For what it is worth, I'm fairly positive I've also been sent a Paypal "debit cards" I never requested as well in the past. 

On topic, has anyone tried using the 25% xbox live offer to buy a $30 xbox gift card via the store? 

#64 awp   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10998 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2021 - 04:21 PM

New deal is 5% off PSN and 10% off XBL. It was fun while it lasted. But hopefully we’ll keep getting something at least.