- - - - -

Marvel's Avengers PS4/Xbone $9.97 Costco YMMV

#1 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:12 AM

While shopping I saw this on clearance. I did see the Xbox version listed  as $19.97 on some of the cardboard placeholders and found one for $9.97 but I'm pretty sure they are all $9.97. I got a PS4 copy for myself and an Xbone for someone else. Gamestop TIV is $17 so go crazy.

PS4       1473396

Xbone   1473416

#2 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10036 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:16 AM

Great price, deals like this make me miss Costco (closest store is over an hour away).

#3 keyweez360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:35 AM

I think I’d give it a shot for $10.

#4 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 08 January 2021 - 08:21 AM

I didn't even know Costco sold video games in their stores anymore. Whenever I go it's usually for food. I'll have to check to see if my local one carries games. I remember their movies were all overpriced last time I checked which was years ago.

#5 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3509 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2021 - 12:38 PM

Great price, deals like this make me miss Costco (closest store is over an hour away).

probably wont find the game anyway as i havent seen any video games at any of the costco's i go to for at least a month

#6 GreyFox787   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   840 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

GreyFox787

Posted 08 January 2021 - 02:12 PM

If you can find it, Super Mario 3D All Stars for Switch is the same price. Would have to be a sealed return at this point, though.

#7 FuriousBobby 2.0   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   64 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

FuriousBobby 2.0

Posted 08 January 2021 - 03:53 PM

I think I’d give it a shot for $10.

This mentality has cost me tons of money of the years. But I'd still probably give it a shot for $10 🤦‍♂️

#8 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3447 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2021 - 03:57 PM

This is actually a great game, lot of fun and many hours to grind.

#9 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3160 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 08 January 2021 - 04:19 PM

I had no idea Costco still sold games, either, and YMMV since I think some don't.  Videogames are on the center floor, and for Costco, center floor items are what rotate out, meaning they are not permanent staples at stores.  I've stopped by other Costco's to find out that an item carried at one store is not at all stocked at the other.  Not sure how/what drives those decisions, but that does seem to be the case.

This is a pretty good price for an incomplete game.  That said, I can see Square Enix releasing a complete version during the PS5 era given Crystal Dynamics is still working out more DLC content.

#10 zeldafanjtl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

zeldafanjtl

Posted 08 January 2021 - 04:26 PM

If your store doesn’t have a center floor display for games, try looking near the computers. One of my local stores used fo keep games near computer software like Turbo Tax. Haven’t looked in a while though.

#11 boogie4114   Enthusiastic Gamer!! CAGiversary!   2595 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2021 - 04:56 PM

Do you need a membership to get it for this price since there is 1 not far away from me?

#12 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3509 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2021 - 05:14 PM

Do you need a membership to get it for this price since there is 1 not far away from me?

you cant shop at costco without a membership or a costco shop card which has to be purchased by a member

#13 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5806 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2021 - 05:28 PM

I found this game to be insanely boring ... it’s literally walking down corridors and fighting the same three enemies over and over. The environments all look nice ... but it’s the same thing over and over. I think games like Fallout, Elder Scrolls and Ark have spoiled me with their level of freedom. This game is just so god damn boring in comparison. Glad I only paid $20 ... but it was just dreadfully boring.

#14 Tyga24   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1209 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2021 - 07:23 PM

Thanks OP! Was able to pick up a PS4 and Xbox One copy for my brother at the $9.97 price
$10 was my price point after playing the beta and I'm sure I'll enjoy it enough for the campaign

#15 SaintFX  

Posted 08 January 2021 - 09:50 PM

I used the website chat feature to confirm my local Costco had inventory - just give them the item number.

I couldn’t find the display and the guys at the computer section said they don’t sell games. So I asked a cashier if they could look up the number and they pointed me to the staff that retrieves items from the back. They were able to grab it for me and gave it to the cashier to checkout. Good luck!

#16 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   896 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:27 PM

I used the website chat feature to confirm my local Costco had inventory - just give them the item number.

I couldn’t find the display and the guys at the computer section said they don’t sell games. So I asked a cashier if they could look up the number and they pointed me to the staff that retrieves items from the back. They were able to grab it for me and gave it to the cashier to checkout. Good luck!

I also didn't see it on floor and went to the desk near the pick item cage. They pulled up the skus, confirmed stock, and was able to grab 1 of each at the normal checkout (and then had to return to the cage to get the items).

#17 gorgo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1056 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2021 - 10:45 PM

Interesting, I saw it by the books or toys last month for 19.97 but held off to get it cheap digitally. Great price at 9.97.

Not a great game, but good for that price. 

I'm wondering if it will get the promised Series X enhancement and new content since it flopped so badly. 

They added Kate Bishop Hawkeye last month, I haven't seen other news since.

#18 zeldafanjtl   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   268 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

zeldafanjtl

Posted 08 January 2021 - 11:35 PM

If you can find it, Super Mario 3D All Stars for Switch is the same price. Would have to be a sealed return at this point, though.

Anyone know the item number for that?

#19 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10036 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:46 AM

https://www.costco.c....100698117.html
1491200 (if the online and in store item number is the same)

#20 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:52 AM

I would be interested in the Mario 3D collection. Is the item number the same in store?
https://www.costco.c....100698117.html

#21 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3509 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2021 - 01:43 PM

the item # for mario is 1487909

#22 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3962 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 09 January 2021 - 02:43 PM

Rant incoming.

You can't even walk around the warehouse without a membership. There have been times where I'll walk in the exit to go to the tire center, and I will get screamed at by the employees checking receipts telling me to show my membership card. They are REALLY anal about that.

Cashiers will also give you a lecture if you are with somebody when you're checking out to pay, you show your Costco card, and the person you're with pays. The cashier expects that the other person be added to your account (you can add one person from your household to your account). But that's how they make their money, is with the stupid membership.

Honestly I wouldn't get a membership, since I can generally get gas and most items for a similar price elsewhere. Bulk food is about thr same price at Smart Food Service/Cash and Carry. When there are these clearance deals they are usually extremely YMMV and not generally worth it.

#23 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3509 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2021 - 03:06 PM

Rant incoming.

You can't even walk around the warehouse without a membership. There have been times where I'll walk in the exit to go to the tire center, and I will get screamed at by the employees checking receipts telling me to show my membership card. They are REALLY anal about that.

Cashiers will also give you a lecture if you are with somebody when you're checking out to pay, you show your Costco card, and the person you're with pays. The cashier expects that the other person be added to your account (you can add one person from your household to your account). But that's how they make their money, is with the stupid membership.

Honestly I wouldn't get a membership, since I can generally get gas and most items for a similar price elsewhere. Bulk food is about thr same price at Smart Food Service/Cash and Carry. When there are these clearance deals they are usually extremely YMMV and not generally worth it.

well only the person that is a member is supposed to be paying as they are the actual member

#24 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2230 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 09 January 2021 - 04:20 PM

Rant incoming.

They have some great deals and they take really good care of their employees.  That's why their employees are so serious about the company rules.  Turns out when you don't pay employees the minimum you can get away with they actually care about their job and doing what they can about making sure customers follow the rules to make sure the company does well.

Besides a membership is only $60 for a year, you will definitely save that if you shop there regularly for household necessities.  I wish we had one close to us, I'd prefer to shop there than BJs.  You can order online without a membership, I just did this week for some shirts.  You have a 5% surcharge added to your order.

#25 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   5806 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:28 PM

Tell them you’re there to buy alcohol, depending on the state Costco legally has to let you in, even if you don’t have a membership -

https://www.savingad...t their stores.

#26 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10911 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2021 - 05:40 PM

Thanks op

#27 boneless   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2021 - 07:08 PM

My costco is only 10mins so it's at least a weekly trip for me. I was actually shocked to find the deal because the clearance deals are usually so good that it sells out within the first or second day. The $0.97 ending means clearance and probably not a re-stock so it's usually a price to move it fast. I'm genuinely surprised nobody posted it before me. Hooray for me  :D/

#28 hectorarizpe   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   1085 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

hectorarizpe

Posted 09 January 2021 - 08:04 PM

If anyone has a digital code for Xbox for avengers for $10 let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 09 January 2021 - 09:48 PM

the item # for mario is 1487909

Thanks. Costco chat told me it's not available in my region or any surrounding ones. Oh well.

#30 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3160 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 09 January 2021 - 11:23 PM

Rant incoming.

Have to disagree. I've been a Costco member for years, and love the high quality, curated products the store offers year-round. The Kirkland products are phenomenal, and prices for seasonal products are almost always below other retailers. Add the Costco rebates and unique Citi card which gives additional cash back, and the membership cost is basically paid for and then some (4% back on gas).

I will also say I want Costco to enforce the membership, so that non-members cannot shop there. Those membership fees not only cover certain overhead, but also serve to provide the company ways to offset othet costs that it uses to pass on savings.

It's also just not fair to members and takes away from them.