- - - - -

Marvel's Avengers PS4/Xbone $9.97 Costco YMMV

#31 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3597 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2021 - 11:36 PM

Thanks. Costco chat told me it's not available in my region or any surrounding ones. Oh well.

I am sure it's going to be impossible to find. Haven't seen it at my costco since November.

#32 Sk   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2021 - 04:17 AM

Have to disagree. I've been a Costco member for years, and love the high quality, curated products the store offers year-round. The Kirkland products are phenomenal, and prices for seasonal products are almost always below other retailers. Add the Costco rebates and unique Citi card which gives additional cash back, and the membership cost is basically paid for and then some (4% back on gas).

I will also say I want Costco to enforce the membership, so that non-members cannot shop there. Those membership fees not only cover certain overhead, but also serve to provide the company ways to offset othet costs that it uses to pass on savings.

It's also just not fair to members and takes away from them.

Those membership fees are nearly the only way Costco makes money. Their markup on goods is 0%-15% think about that. Crazy stuff. Everything they sell but the membership is low margin to the business. Also Costco eats the cost of the food court and the rotisserie chicken (its yummy and cheap). They really do pass along savings back to members. FYI those $60 membership fees are a 100% margin and their business model is very healthy. Personally think it’s like theft to do a membership pass back. Hell they let you have two ids. That’s pretty generous. It can be given to anyone.

#33 Gideon68   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2914 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2021 - 04:45 AM

If anyone is looking for Avengers I can take a look at the Costco's around me. Prob be $16 for gas, packaging, shipping and insurance.  Tell me which version you're looking for. I can go tomorrow so tell me by 9AM PST.

#34 laserbearcat  

laserbearcat

Posted 10 January 2021 - 04:59 AM

My Costco has a bunch of them

#35 shosaisyu   Waster of Monies CAGiversary!   236 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

shosaisyu

Posted 10 January 2021 - 07:20 AM

9.99 is my target price for this game, but no costco membership. Makes the game full price with the membership lol

#36 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3965 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:26 PM

They have some great deals and they take really good care of their employees. That's why their employees are so serious about the company rules. Turns out when you don't pay employees the minimum you can get away with they actually care about their job and doing what they can about making sure customers follow the rules to make sure the company does well.

Besides a membership is only $60 for a year, you will definitely save that if you shop there regularly for household necessities. I wish we had one close to us, I'd prefer to shop there than BJs. You can order online without a membership, I just did this week for some shirts. You have a 5% surcharge added to your order.

I feel the same way you do about Sam's Club and Costco. I wish there was a Sam's Club near me as they consistently had clearance deals on video games, and I preferred their selection.

Where I originally was from, they had one for 1-2 years and then shuttered it.

#37 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1542 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2021 - 11:52 PM

On my PS4 Pro the framerate is so bad I traded it in to Gamestop yesterday.   I don't understand how how they haven't addressed this game's issues in 4 months, but just my personal opinion.  

#38 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   3965 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 11 January 2021 - 12:43 AM

On my PS4 Pro the framerate is so bad I traded it in to Gamestop yesterday. I don't understand how how they haven't addressed this game's issues in 4 months, but just my personal opinion.

Sounds like the game fell way short of their sales projections, so they probably figure there's no incentive to keep pumping more money into it.

#39 defpally   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2237 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

defpally

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:13 AM

Sounds like the game fell way short of their sales projections, so they probably figure there's no incentive to keep pumping more money into it.

Yeah, I'm getting the vibe we will never see Clint Hawkeye or the other planned character additions (Spider-man on PS, I think Captain Marvel was also among them, etc.).  And I'm also wondering if they ever do the next gen upgrades they announced.  This game was made to extend off later microtransactions and DLC, but they are going to have to make the online postgame way more interesting before those even become viable.  Fun playthrough for the Story mode though.

#40 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3178 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:18 AM

On my PS4 Pro the framerate is so bad I traded it in to Gamestop yesterday.   I don't understand how how they haven't addressed this game's issues in 4 months, but just my personal opinion.  

Did you install the latest version (I think 1.22)?  I picked it up, and let it download/install the latest update.  I had to do a hard reboot after that because the framerate was messed up, but after that, it plays fine.  There was another bug during the mission globe, where I had to close out and restart because the missions wouldn't show.  I'm on a base PS4 and it's running well.  No more framerate issues.

The single-player is impressive and fun.  It's nowhere as bad as people have said, though I know it had a lot of problems at the get-go.  I don't ever pick up games that require the internet, but figured I'd make one exception here.  Like it.  Kamala Kahn is super cool.

#41 Ibacai  

Posted 11 January 2021 - 04:21 AM

It’s a lot better than the internet made it out to be, in my opinion. I’ve enjoyed it quite a bit so far. I got it for $15 and don’t regret it in the least.

#42 inkcil   Banception...Baseball Ban in a Best Buy CAGiversary!   1542 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 11 January 2021 - 06:51 AM

Did you install the latest version (I think 1.22)?  I picked it up, and let it download/install the latest update.  I had to do a hard reboot after that because the framerate was messed up, but after that, it plays fine.  There was another bug during the mission globe, where I had to close out and restart because the missions wouldn't show.  I'm on a base PS4 and it's running well.  No more framerate issues.

The single-player is impressive and fun.  It's nowhere as bad as people have said, though I know it had a lot of problems at the get-go.  I don't ever pick up games that require the internet, but figured I'd make one exception here.  Like it.  Kamala Kahn is super cool.

Yeah, I bought it at launch and traded it in because of the framerate issues.  Really cool game concepts actually to get into if you have the time to invest in practice mode and all the currencies to unlock outfits/perks.  

Bought it again in December and had the latest update, but whenever I got into battles (which get pretty hectic) the framerate just couldn't keep up.  

In story mode things seem to run a bit better, but going into missions through Initiative is a disaster, especially with all the explosions and fighting...maybe the experience was meant for the next gen systems. 

#43 Mattiful-Joe   Henshin A Go-Go Baby! CAGiversary!   3178 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Mattiful-Joe

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:24 AM

Yeah, I bought it at launch and traded it in because of the framerate issues. Really cool game concepts actually to get into if you have the time to invest in practice mode and all the currencies to unlock outfits/perks.

Bought it again in December and had the latest update, but whenever I got into battles (which get pretty hectic) the framerate just couldn't keep up.

In story mode things seem to run a bit better, but going into missions through Initiative is a disaster, especially with all the explosions and fighting...maybe the experience was meant for the next gen systems.

I intend to only play the solo campaign, but yeah, I can see the game doing well with a next gen upgrade. That all said, I'm not sure it's done well enough to get there. It's a good game, but was another one hurt by a publisher that forced it out the door a year too soon.

I'd buy it again if Square released a complete version all on disc for PS5 down the road.

#44 AJBlue7  

Posted 11 January 2021 - 02:16 PM

Anyone live near the Costco in Avon, Ohio and planning a trip there soon?

(Thanks for the heads up OP)

#45 Volitar Prime   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   137 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Volitar Prime

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:06 PM

The Costco in Shelby TWP MI has a 12-15 pull cards for the PS4 version near the PC accessories.  None for the Xbox version.

#46 DrBayrd  

Posted 13 January 2021 - 01:57 PM

No cards at my Costco. They had the games tucked away in an office to free up floor space- just had to ask for em. Got ps4/xb1 avengers and ps4 COD Cold War for $10 each. Thanks CAGS!

#47 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6030 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:59 PM

No cards at my Costco. They had the games tucked away in an office to free up floor space- just had to ask for em. Got ps4/xb1 avengers and ps4 COD Cold War for $10 each. Thanks CAGS!

Did you ask in the area by the cage? or by the office?

#48 psunami   0118999881999119725.....3 CAGiversary!   3699 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:27 PM

Grabbed a copy of Avengers for myself and a friend for the PS4 at the Madison, WI Costco.  One copy left there.  Only video game they had. 

#49 lilman   Only the ordinary. CAGiversary!   4670 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:44 PM

No video games at my Costco.

#50 knightsdwn   Beautiful Plastic CAGiversary!   3435 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2021 - 11:11 PM

Picked up the last xbox copy at the Wayne, NJ Costco. The employee at the electronics section said they sold out of the ps4 version earlier in the day.

#51 DrBayrd  

Posted 14 January 2021 - 01:16 AM

Did you ask in the area by the cage? or by the office?

I asked an employee by the electronics section who then walked me to the office. Another worker pulled a small box from the office that had their remaining inventory of games: multiple copies of ps4 avengers, 1 copy of xb1 avengers and 1 copy of ps4 cod cold war. This was in Bridgewater, NJ on Monday.