* * - - - 4 votes

Going out of business notice free via Frys.com

#31 pun123   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3611 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 06:12 PM

The Vegas and Issaquah ones are huge!

#32 segasonic128   Segasonic CAGiversary!   654 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

segasonic128

Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:10 PM

I will miss Frys!    I remember going in 2001; it was great!     got some video game stuff.    

#33 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16163 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:16 PM

The one in League City is was definitely cool; tons of spacey things inside. Wonder what will happen to those props? The one in Renton was probably my least favorite; just felt like a weird layout.

#34 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3713 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 25 February 2021 - 09:39 PM

Several years ago, they drew me in at least every few weeks for some weekly coupon code deals they would have on blurays or cheap mice or duck tape or ear buds or flats of iced tea or other random items I didn't need.  It was fun to walk their videogame and bluray/dvd aisles and find random hard to find games at good prices or back when I was scouting rare disney infinity figures. Or to use their website to find clearance deals only to find they had 1 damaged item left at that price when you get there. They also had good sales on consoles and videogames at times, but those deals and their media section in general had decreased dramatically since then.  So that has kept me away for at least 2 years, and in its current state, not a huge loss and somewhat expected given the trends.

#35 Liquid Metal   hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!! CAGiversary!   2857 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

Liquid Metal

Posted 27 February 2021 - 07:15 AM

Wait, so they just closed up shop and thats it? No discounts no nothing. wow

#36 scottman   The ORIGINAL smiley blank face. CAGiversary!   3713 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

scottman

Posted 01 March 2021 - 06:33 AM

Wait, so they just closed up shop and thats it? No discounts no nothing. wow

They say most of the inventory was on consignment so it will probably be returned.  The rest of the scraps will be sold on some employee's ebay account.

#37 lilbuddy  

lilbuddy

Posted 01 March 2021 - 04:26 PM

About a year ago I was walking through the store and they had a PS3 display demo unit up and running.  You could probably count the number of video games on one hand they had for sale.

I think their bread and butter was PC and electronic components.  General public didn't know to go to a PC building store to buy a TV, fridge, car stereo, and massage chairs.  Their website was terrible and they never refreshed it.  

#38 scottohib  

scottohib

Posted 03 March 2022 - 10:39 AM

As soon as I remember all these coupon deals, nostalgia takes me. Now there is no such thing. Now all these functions have been upgraded in modern investment applications. Even if you look at the app review https://www.playloud...vs-m1-finance /, then you can select a lot of new things for yourself. For example, I found an application for myself that is a good option for those who have never invested before, do not have an investment strategy, or just need a little guidance in the world of investing. And I am sure that there are still many reliable and convenient applications that help manage finances.