- - - - -

[EXPIRED] Tomb Raider: Definitive Survivor Trilogy for $19.99 until 4-2-2021

Tomb Raider PS4 PS5 Xbox One Xbox Series Lara Croft Definitive Survivor

#31 Cezar24  

Posted 25 March 2021 - 05:21 PM

People talking crap about the people that want it physically have never played an older game. There’s a rumor the vita/psp/and ps3 stores are about to close down. If that happens every single digital game you bought on those is now completely worthless. A trilogy like this would be amazing physically. The games are patched and already working and would be one of the few games down the road you can enjoy when they shut down the PS4 store too.

That's why I plan to just wait 20 years and upload the roms to my Android Optics phone nestled in my left eye to play them through retroarch.

#32 SHADOW-X21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

SHADOW-X21

Posted 25 March 2021 - 08:04 PM

For anyone who would like to get this on Steam.... (because its a "Square Enix publisher weekend" sale going on at the moment)

Here's the "Tomb Raider Collection" bundle that's currently on Steam at the sale-price for $55.05

Yes it has all 3 definitive versions of the TR games with all DLC's & All the other Tomb Raider games with their DLC's.

https://store.steamp...der_Collection/

#33 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2869 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 25 March 2021 - 08:32 PM

People talking crap about the people that want it physically have never played an older game. There’s a rumor the vita/psp/and ps3 stores are about to close down. If that happens every single digital game you bought on those is now completely worthless. A trilogy like this would be amazing physically. The games are patched and already working and would be one of the few games down the road you can enjoy when they shut down the PS4 store too.

This thread is for a digital deal. If you only buy physical games then you don't have to come into this thread and tell everyone you only buy physical games. No one cares what you buy. This forum is for deals whether they be digital or physical it is not a forum specifically for physical game collectors.

#34 consoleman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   512 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

consoleman

Posted 26 March 2021 - 01:10 AM

Actually a solid deal but I already have the trilogy. I have the Croft edition of the third one or whatever it’s called and I won’t be surprise if the code already expired lol. I just finished the first two. Hope the graphics or 3rd one isn’t as bad as they say

Bought the Croft Edition too for the cool steelbook case and had to scramble to redeem the dlc before the code expired. Then I wanted to kick myself when they released the Definitive Edition where the full game including dlc was on the disk. The Croft Edition would have been a fantastic part of my collection if it wasn't for their lame decision to put a season pass code that expires in there making it worth nothing more than the base game now in a steelbook case.

Game collecting physical games is like having a bird in hand which is always better than two in the bush when you buy digital. You never want to think you have something only to see them fly away and you end up with nothing.

#35 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   3752 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 26 March 2021 - 02:16 AM

Nobody is "giving crap." And I've been gaming since the 80s and I'm sure some people here are older than me.

#36 Sugarbeats  

Sugarbeats

Posted 27 March 2021 - 11:31 PM

This thread is for a digital deal. If you only buy physical games then you don't have to come into this thread and tell everyone you only buy physical games. No one cares what you buy. This forum is for deals whether they be digital or physical it is not a forum specifically for physical game collectors.

Well don't come crying when Sony pulls their PS4 stores down in a few years. By summer, Sony is shutting down It's digital store for PS3, Vita, PSP. Your digital purchases will be useless!

#37 The Questyen   Guess I'll just stumble on home to my cats CAGiversary!   2869 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 28 March 2021 - 01:43 AM

Well don't come crying when Sony pulls their PS4 stores down in a few years. By summer, Sony is shutting down It's digital store for PS3, Vita, PSP. Your digital purchases will be useless!

None of this is relevant to my post or this thread.

#38 NoThanksBro   Vampire Killer CAGiversary!   419 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

NoThanksBro

Posted 31 March 2021 - 02:39 AM

Except that there’s no physical release of this.

There are physical releases of the individual games.

Regardless, it *is* a good deal at $20 for 3 games with all the DLC included.

#39 RiceQuakes Classic   The One, the Only.....RiceQuakes CAGiversary!   3813 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

RiceQuakes Classic

Posted 31 March 2021 - 05:17 AM

You can't purchase anything, but you can still download content you already purchased.

#40 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 31 March 2021 - 09:19 PM

Just finished shadow of TR am I the only who thinks it’s the worst out of the 3?

#41 Lithium Flower   Just about to bloom CAGiversary!   101 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Lithium Flower

Posted 01 April 2021 - 12:22 AM

You're not alone. That was the public sentiment at release and many still feel this way with all the DLC. I enjoyed Shadow but it was just missing something. Rise was a huge improvement in so many ways that by Shadow it was disappointing to see that they weren't really changing or expanding on any of the gameplay systems. They also tried to do too much with a story that fell flat on its face. 

#42 escapekey   I like the taste! CAGiversary!   464 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

escapekey

Posted 01 April 2021 - 12:34 AM

For every modern game released on physical media that adds patches and DLC after the fact, the definitive way to experience it in the future will be through emulation.  In most cases, the disc will contain a snapshot of the game from when it went into production - which will look lovely on your shelf - but by the time the game is considered retro, the disc will be the least ideal way to play it.  Collecting in the modern age is becoming meaningless outside of special editions with feelies.

#43 SHADOW-X21   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   26 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

SHADOW-X21

Posted 01 April 2021 - 11:35 PM

Today is the last day for this deal as this TR trilogy digital will be set at the regular $49.99 price tag tomorrow. Recently Shadow of the Tomb Raider for PS4 / Xbox One is on sale for $19.99 at amazon.com yet this been the only time the game goes out of stock especially the PS4 version. (Don't know when this will go back to the 39.99 price)

There are physical releases of the individual games.

Regardless, it *is* a good deal at $20 for 3 games with all the DLC included.

True about the physical copies for these 3 TR games & Getting the digital versions of any game especially at the lowest prices(or Free) can be helpful especially if something goes wrong down the line with the physical/disc versions.

I only experienced disc read problem/error with 2 games (out of the many PS4 disc games I have since 2013) "Batman Arkham Knight" & "King of Fighters XIV" where it wouldn't read the discs as they were clean without any scratches, smudges, hand/finger-prints etc. I always kept the physical games in their cases & Always made sure they're taken care of. (Yes these disc-read errors can happen to games that looks visibly perfect unless you have a magnifying glass or microscope to possibly find the invisible scratch, smudge etc that's not visible to the normal eyesight, haha.)

Fortunately I had the digital version of Batman AK for free since it was included with the Season Pass deal for $15 as this was the price for the season pass dlc for this game alone at the time. KOF XIV I had the GS game protection plan(Costs $3, That I didn't want at the time when this was one of the new games yet ended up being a money-saver) returned the game, Got a new copy of KOF XIV, Played it a few times & No disc read errors since then.

Just finished shadow of TR am I the only who thinks it’s the worst out of the 3?

It's a "Mixed" reaction between Good/Worst that's been said for Shadow of the TR & Yet most always said this one wasn't good as the 1st two TR games in this trilogy.

#44 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 02 April 2021 - 02:24 AM

You can't purchase anything, but you can still download content you already purchased.

Till the internal battery dies

#45 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16822 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 April 2021 - 02:37 AM

Till the internal battery dies

Or you die.  That also puts a damper on gaming.

#46 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 03 April 2021 - 03:52 AM

real gamers respawn

#47 LonelyBacteria  

LonelyBacteria

Posted 03 April 2021 - 03:53 AM

real gamers respawn

edit:

apparently I broke the time-space continuum this time

Edited by LonelyBacteria, 03 April 2021 - 03:55 AM.