[Now $50] NFSU 2 XBOX new w/2 months Live $20 @ EBgames.com

weedofwisdom

CAG Veteran
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243201.asp

PO is $37 b/c.

Was looking for a price drop on the PS2 version and found this, sadly PS2 and GC versions are still $50 new. The site oddly states that "Ship date is an estimate and subject to change" even though ship time is listed as within 24 h.

Hope someone finds this useful. I apologize if this is old news, I did a search but didn't find anything.

Did this game come with a trial card or is ebgames maybe going to include one outside of the case? Anyone know? Kind of weird for them to highlight it as a bonus if it is included in the case.

[quote name='Scarface7']This worth getting if I already own Midnight Club 3?[/QUOTE]

No, unless you are really into that sort of thing and have tired of MC3.

Personally, I found NFSU2 very "EA" which means heavy on the ads, some spotty gameplay, and a lot of "damn, this seemes rushed" moments.

MC3 > NFSU2 IMO

[quote name='wubb']Kind of weird for them to highlight it as a bonus if it is included in the case.[/QUOTE]That is par for the course for EB/GameStop.
This game just dropped to $30 a day or two ago, if memory serves me correctly.

[quote name='supadupacheap']No, unless you are really into that sort of thing and have tired of MC3.

Personally, I found NFSU2 very "EA" which means heavy on the ads, some spotty gameplay, and a lot of "damn, this seemes rushed" moments.

MC3 > NFSU2 IMO[/QUOTE]
That's what I figured. Thanks for saving me $20. ;-)

mc 3 is the best arcade racer out there IMO (yes even better than burnout 3...IMO of course...BO 3 just got stale for me)

Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition > Burnout 3: Takedown >> Need for Speed Underground 2

heck, the first NFSU was awesome (the online sucked though), but the second one isn't so fun...

[quote name='swetooth9']mc 3 is the best arcade racer out there IMO (yes even better than burnout 3...IMO of course...BO 3 just got stale for me)[/QUOTE]

BETTER THAN BURNOUT 3?!?!?!

*head explodes*

Thanks OP tho, Im definatly going to have to pick this up.

thxthxthx kthxbye

[quote name='JoMasta']BETTER THAN BURNOUT 3?!?!?!

*head explodes*

Thanks OP tho, Im definatly going to have to pick this up.

thxthxthx kthxbye[/QUOTE]

THIS game (nfsu 2) is definitely not better than burnout 3...i was referring to Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition...

[quote name='swetooth9']THIS game (nfsu 2) is definitely not better than burnout 3...i was referring to Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition...[/QUOTE]

ya I know, Im just saying BO 3 owns so much.

I have played this game and to say it is too "EA" is just stupid imo. It is a fun arcade racer with sweet customization and online play.

Definatly worth $20. I dont see this going below $20 any time soon....it will be a platinum hit soon enough me thinks and then the only way to get it for less is in those buy 2 platinum hit deal blah blahs, but then it has an ugly case so.....

I dropped the bomb

MC3 and Burnout 3 are two different categories.. Burnout 3 is more adcadey than MC3, though MC3 is still great.. I say BO3>MC3>NFSU2..

edit: IMO, not worth getting if you have MC3. I had NFSU2 for a month or two and played it once.. very heavy on the in-game advertising

[quote name='jjz203']Even if it's included in the case, I would think the trial cards are already expired no?[/QUOTE]

That was my thought -- If it is in the case it is probably expired. Personally, I'd raise a stink about that (if this is the case) since they are listing it as a bonus with the game. I have no clue what they'd do for you on it though. My guess would be nothing.

[quote name='supadupacheap']No, unless you are really into that sort of thing and have tired of MC3.

MC3 > NFSU2 IMO[/QUOTE]
I second that notion.

So anyone check a store yet? I'm too lazy to go all the way to the EB near me, and if they don't have it for $20 B&M, then I will have made the trip for nothing. :whistle2:(

I doubt that it's actually $20 in store. They do so many screwy things with their pricing online that it would be impossible for the B&M stores to keep up. I went there this morning hoping to pick up a cheap copy of Gungriffon and it was $20! ($15 used). Bah.

Well it's now $39.99 again. I think it's going to be one of those daily price drops now. Like MP2 and LOZ4S for GC, these daily price drops are generating a buttload of site traffic for EB. Sheesh, talk about going out in a blaze huh?

Well, it all depends on what you're looking for. If you're like me, a closet import tuner fan, then you'll want it simply because it's an import tuner's dream (SRS is good but graphically inferior). If you're going for gameplay, then I would recommend MC3. Either way, it's a fun game for $19.99 (when it drops again... which it probably will sometime today since it has been going on for a few days now). NFSU2 is just fun to pimp out your ride and enjoy seeing the results since few of us will ever own import tuners and mod them as such. I personally enjoy driving around the open ended town and the races are thrilling, but just that it can get boring finding races. Like I said, if you like import tuners and modding them and cruising around, then this game is for you, and at $20 you can't go wrong. If you're into pure racing and fast paced adrenaline driving and don't care too much about pimping your ride, then I suggest going with MC3... then again, I don't see MC3 dropping in price for a long while.

Cards are defenitely expired lol, with 360 around the corner I think M$ is leaning off the trials for a bit or perhaps indefinitely, as for which is better I actually got 100% completion in MC3, NFSU2 bored me to death around 50% if your really into it there's defenite bang for buck it'll easily take you about 50+ hours to reach completion, then again I think I squeezed 80 out of MC3...so yeah NFSU2 is weak, the first was alot better

What?!? :shock: I didn't receive that "bonus". Anyone else order the $20 NFSU2 from EB?? Can anyone else confirm this? Or is it a hoax? :shame: :^o

[quote name='jjz203']What?!? :shock: I didn't receive that "bonus". Anyone else order the $20 NFSU2 from EB?? Can anyone else confirm this? Or is it a hoax? :shame: :^o[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a hoax. I 'hoaxed ya'll out over a free copy of NFS2'. ???

----------------

Here is the status of the item(s) you have ordered:
Time Crisis - Pre-Played Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1
Need For Speed Underground 2 with Bonus! Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1
PROMO NEED FOR SPEED 2 Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1

So anyone else order NFSU2 from EB for $20 (the price it's at right now as well) and got the game without the free xbox live trial? I called EB and the guy was like "you need to call Microsoft for that if they don't have it in the box". I'm thinking to myself, why in the world are you dunces selling a game advertising the free trial if a. it's already expired or b. it is no longer included in the box??! Well, just wondering if anyone else bought one and received it without any trial card in the case. Great game though, I'm loving it.

[quote name='Mav413']I was just browsing around for cheap stuff and found this on ebgames.com

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/243201.asp

Not sure how great of a deal it is, but it seems to still be full price everywhere else, plus it includes a 2 month live subscription[/QUOTE]
Not to be mean... ok, to be perfectly honest, "found this"?!?!? :roll: Do you NOT see the title of this thread already?? Someone "found" it a long time ago. :wall: It's been $20 at EB for xbox for a few weeks now. Off and on, but most of the time at $20.

83 in stock as of now.

Also this bonus is listed:

[quote name='EBgames.com']Order and you will receive a cheat code which gives you $1000 head start in customizing or upgrading your car! Bonus item will ship with purchased product, and is only available while supplies last.[/quote]I assume the $1000 is in-game money. :)

[quote name='peteyrose']I would recommend against picking this up. The "open ended" city just doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

I've only played the PC version, but I actually thought that was the game's biggest strength. It's less of a straight out racer than a kind of exploration/adventure hybrid. If you like the San Francisco Rush series, then you're sure to enjoy all the unlockables and shortcuts and such that are in this game. I also loved being able to race all of the random people that were driving around (and being able to get custom items from it).

I really enjoyed the game for the most part, until I got about 75% completed, and the gimmicky thing started to wear thin. I also hated that I had to pay for parts every time I installed them, rather than buying them once and being able to switch them out any time I wanted. (like the original NFSU)

Still, I think it's a solid game, and worth 20 bucks. Hell, with the xbox custom soundtrack, it makes the deal even sweeter.

bread's done
Back