Opinions on NCAA Football 2006

js321

CAGiversary!
Overall i thought NCAA Football 2006 was a great game. I love the race for the heisman idea, and the new spring drills. That is just my thoughts on the game though.

Good game. Too bad the music sucks hard and there is no custom soundtrack.

I love the race for the heisman idea. Just playing games and not having to worry about front office stuff. I'll worry about that stuff in Madden.

Some of it is kinda cheap though, like the deep ball. If you put your WR on a streak route and throw it up there, they'll catch it almost every time. Its still a great game.

The impact players are way to dominant in the game. I mean if you have a impact player (wr) who's on fire all you have to do, is send him on a fly or streak route and just lob it up. 90% of the time the wr will come up with it.

I think its a great game. My only real complaint is the running backs getting stuck in the line.

The deep ball and impact players along with that are a little easy to do, but if you know how to play the right defense you can stop that. Especially if you manually control defenders.

Also, I saw someone else criticize the music, but after the terrible music in MVP last year I'm quite impressed with it. Probably the best music I've played in an EA game so far. I like that there is some older stuff and not just modern pop.

OOOOHHHH the same madden game with a college face revised for the 6th year in a row.

Sorry I played it for about 2 hours at a friends house. I fell sorry that he paid money for it. You think after 6 years they would do more then tweak it each year.

Alright.

After a couple of days with the game, I'm 6-0 in my RFTH career. I'm currently 2nd on the list for the heisman. I really, really enjoy this game. For those of you who have played NCAA football for a while should appreciate the game. The new tackling physics are great! I haven't seen seen the same tackle twice. I've seen similar tackles, but not the exact same. Having played football in high school, I really enjoy the detail they put into it. RFTH is a great addition and I hope they keep it for years to come.

Graystone. This is not madden with a new face. For the first time, I feel like it is it's own game. It's a lot cleaner (smoother) than Madden '05.

Does anyone know if practicing in between games actually improves your ratings?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Also, I saw someone else criticize the music, but after the terrible music in MVP last year I'm quite impressed with it. Probably the best music I've played in an EA game so far. I like that there is some older stuff and not just modern pop.[/QUOTE]

I criticezed the music earlier, but this is the first time. I've never had a problem with any EA sports games music because I like both hip-hop and rock. But this music is just terrible. I just set it for the school bands to play.

[quote name='Graystone']OOOOHHHH the same madden game with a college face revised for the 6th year in a row.

Sorry I played it for about 2 hours at a friends house. I fell sorry that he paid money for it. You think after 6 years they would do more then tweak it each year.[/QUOTE]

This is definetly not the same game as madden. You obviously don't play them enough to know the difference.

[quote name='Derwood43']Alright.

After a couple of days with the game, I'm 6-0 in my RFTH career. I'm currently 2nd on the list for the heisman. I really, really enjoy this game. For those of you who have played NCAA football for a while should appreciate the game. The new tackling physics are great! I haven't seen seen the same tackle twice. I've seen similar tackles, but not the exact same. Having played football in high school, I really enjoy the detail they put into it. RFTH is a great addition and I hope they keep it for years to come.

Graystone. This is not madden with a new face. For the first time, I feel like it is it's own game. It's a lot cleaner (smoother) than Madden '05.

Does anyone know if practicing in between games actually improves your ratings?[/QUOTE]

I think I'm 4-4 right now. I'm playing as Stanford and it's tough. Yesterday I beat USC but the previous game USC lost, so they wernt #1 when I played them, instead they were #7. That sucks, it would have helped my rank a lot, I'm ranked 50 right now. But it's fun, especially because the games are close.

Practicing doesn't improve your ratings, it just gives you practice.

[quote name='gredthomas77']I finished my first season in the race for the heisman and won the heisman with a wide receiver (even though my race character was a dl.[/QUOTE]

No one on my team is ranked in the Heisman race. My bar is about a little more than 3/4 filled and I'm a WR.

I have a quick question, does anyone know if we may see an xbox 360 version of this game? I know they are doing one for Madden '06, but I think I'd enjoy NCAA '06 even more.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']I have a quick question, does anyone know if we may see an xbox 360 version of this game? I know they are doing one for Madden '06, but I think I'd enjoy NCAA '06 even more.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen it mentioned in any upcoming title lists. I would imagine that they'll wait until 2007 to put it out. They may want to let Madden go a full year to work out any bugs in the progamming.

[quote name='Derwood43']I haven't seen it mentioned in any upcoming title lists. I would imagine that they'll wait until 2007 to put it out. They may want to let Madden go a full year to work out any bugs in the progamming.[/QUOTE]

Damn, thats kinda what I figured on, I wonder if draft imports from NCAA 2006 can be somehow used on Madden 06 for the xbox 360?

I can't really stand RFTH because all I do is hand the ball off to my HB (RFTH guy) instead of passing and giving the ball off to other guys on the team. I like Dynasty though :)

Soundtrack sucks like crazy!

Well the impact players are cool, and arent that effective. The WR doesnt need to be an impact player either. Just kinda fast. Run him deep, lob, catch 80% of the time. But the impact running backs arent that bad.

Riceboi, I got the same problem, RFTH, i wanna win the heisman, i gotta give him the ball, and a RB getting 40 something carries in a 4 min quarter game is a bit much IMO.

And yes, soundtrack, sucks, but thats what speakers on your computer or home stereo are for, and what the mute button on the TV :lol:

All in all, great game, cant wait for madden 06 though

Why does everyone say the music sucks? What kinda music do you listen to? I mean I guess it isn't the greatest, but for a game its pretty good. The De La Soul song is good, the Ladykiller song or whatever, the Clash. Sure it has a little bit of a college radio vibe, but at least it doesn't have a NCAA mix version of some rap song like Madden. :)

[quote name='DT778']This is definetly not the same game as madden. You obviously don't play them enough to know the difference.[/QUOTE]

Yep thats right you know everything. Yes Madden and NCAA do play differently. The point of my post was saying that Ea didn't really change anything since 2002 in any of there sports games (live 05 does not count). I have played NCAA 2006. I owned both NCAA 2005 and Madden 2005. I do play them enough to notice the difference.

What I am saying is both the Madden and NCAA franchises are due a revision not just small minor tweaks each year.

[quote name='Graystone']Yep thats right you know everything. Yes Madden and NCAA do play differently. The point of my post was saying that Ea didn't really change anything since 2002 in any of there sports games (live 05 does not count). I have played NCAA 2006. I owned both NCAA 2005 and Madden 2005. I do play them enough to notice the difference.

What I am saying is both the Madden and NCAA franchises are due a revision not just small minor tweaks each year.[/QUOTE]

Why fix something that isn't broken?

Both franchises are number one. EA isn't going to mess with success. Besides, how major can the changes get? Changing football to baseball?

i liked it for about 2 hours then i hated it. it wasnt a big enough update to consider buying it and it moved to slow. Then again im used to playing the Gamecube versions

I also wonder what exactly people expect them to change with these games. There really isn't a lot except gimmicks and then people bitch about those. Hell, I'd just like to see them improve the AI to the point where it is near perfect and update the rosters and I'd be happy. But people would go nuts because the grass doesn't look better.

Though if we are talking about changes I wouldn't mind seeing multiple announce teams. I wonder what EA is gonna do now that they have ESPN license and Madden is moving to NBC. That would be a cool place to have both teams.

Even if they got the AI perfectly, I don't think most people would be happy with just roster updates. It's just hard for me to pay $50 for a game that's basically the same as last year's version. No matter how good it is.

As for what EA can do to improve the game... I don't know. I'm not a game designer. I just bitch a lot.

[quote name='Derwood43']Why fix something that isn't broken?

Both franchises are number one. EA isn't going to mess with success. Besides, how major can the changes get? Changing football to baseball?[/QUOTE]

Change the feel of the game or Something.... I quit yes EA football games are superior. Yes all of you who bought it your right the best game ever. :roll:

[quote name='Graystone']Change the feel of the game or Something.... I quit yes EA football games are superior. Yes all of you who bought it your right the best game ever. :roll:[/QUOTE]

How in the world is anyone supposed to know what you mean.

"change the feel of the game or something"

???:?

What is that? Go play something by 989 or Microsoft if you want a different "feel". Madden is good because it "feels" like Madden.

"I have Madden 2002 & 2003, and there's very little change in gameplay to 2005."

I don't agree with this at all. I couldn't stand Madden until 2004 and 2005 was close to that so I think it was pretty different than those versions. I didn't buy a football game between NFL 2k1 and Madden 2004 because I didn't like how those Madden games played. I always felt like they upped the speed a bit starting with 2004.

[quote name='Derwood43']Why fix something that isn't broken?

Both franchises are number one. EA isn't going to mess with success. Besides, how major can the changes get? Changing football to baseball?[/QUOTE]
:applause:

I think there are huge problems with the game when you put the difficulty maxed out. You can have an impact RB being constantly held for negative yards. Yet, you can throw the ball up and still win games because catching downfield passes is too damned easy.

Okay, a little update on my RFTH career.

I finished my freshman year with 2,538 rushing yards and 37 touchdowns. I also had 164 yards receiving. (All before the bowl game)

Reggie Bush finished the season with 1,517 rushing yards, 337 yards receiving and 24 total touchdowns. (All before the bowl game)

Who do you think won the Heisman? You guessed it, Reggie Bush. Freshman bias? I think so.

As it turned out, I ended up playing against USC in the Rose Bowl. I finished that game with 356 rushing yards and 6 touchdowns, both records. Reggie Bush had a meager 115 total yards and 1 score. Last minute heroics.

We'll see if my luck doesn't turn around during my Sophomore year.

NCAA 2006 is the first college game I have bought in a LONG time. So far I am diggin' it. I borrowed my brother-in-law's memory card with 1A and 1AA roster names and life is sweet!

bread's done
Back